Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merge lines with varying characters Post 302967035 by umang2382 on Thursday 18th of February 2016 11:51:01 PM
Old 02-19-2016
thanks! that made the output much better. Is there a way to tag a thread as "solved"?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting a varying amount of lines from a list of files

I did search the posts for info on this and while there were some in the ballpark, none addressed this specifically. (also I tried to post this once it said I was logged out, so hopefully I'm not sending a duplicate here). I have a set of files (250 +/-) where I need to delete the first "$x"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: benair
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines into one

Source data file from oracle, terminated by ",". 'Cause some of fields have \r\n, then those lines were splitted into multiple lines in the expoted data file. Just vi this file, and found ^M. How to concatenate these line into one if it has a ^M at then end. thanks, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anypager
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines in Flat file based on first 5 characters

Hi I have the fixed width flat file having the following data 12345aaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbb 12365sssssssssscccccccccc 12365sssss 12367ddddddddddvvvvvvvvvv 12367 vvvvv Here the first column is length 5 second is length 10 third is length 10 if the second or third column exceeds... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brado
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two lines

Hi I have two lines of data formatted as displayed below shop, price, remark, date a,#N/A,order to -fd, 20091011 and would like it to be shop:a price:#N/A remark:order to -fd date:20091011 How can I do it? Many thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge lines

Hi guys in input every 1st line 1st ID value located in 2nd line 1st occurrence . I need to print them down accordingly.. Thanx in advance input rs1040480_XXXXX.value rs1040481_YYYYY.value rs1040482_TXXXX.value 0.7408157 0.3410044 0.7408157 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stateperl
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To merge a few lines to 1 line

Hi Experts, This is my input file. input.txt 0 /dev/fd 25 /var 1 /tmp 1 /var/run 1. If this file has single line, then leave it, print the single line else merge the 4 lines above into 1 line as below e.g (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: streddy
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove blank lines and merge lines in shell

Hi, I'm not a expert in shell programming, so i've come here to take help from u gurus. I'm trying to tailor a csv file that i got to make it work for the LOAD FROM command. I've a datatable csv of the below format - --in file format xx,xx,xx ,xx , , , , ,,xx, xxxx,, ,, xxx,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed - merge lines bw 2 specific characters

Hi, I have a bash script and I am looking for a command that will merge specific lines together. Sample Data: registration time = 1300890272 Id = 1 setd = 0 tagunt = 26 tagId=6, length=8, value= tagId=9, length=5, value= tagId=7, length=2, value= tagId=16, length=2, value= tagId=32,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Winsarc
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines

Hello I have a file with CAR 23 COLOR 12 CAR 44 COLOR 12 CAR 55 COLOR 20 SIZE BIG CAR 56 CAR 57 COLOR 11 How can merge the CAR and the COLOR + SIZE (if there are COLOR,SIZE) CAR 23 COLOR 12 CAR 44 COLOR 12 CAR 55 COLOR 20 SIZE BIG CAR 56 CAR 57 COLOR 11 Every line begin in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharong
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge Lines

Hello I have an input as below this is test we are( ) one end of description I am looking for output this is test we are () one end of description (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tomlight
2 Replies
pthread_detach(3T)														pthread_detach(3T)

NAME
pthread_detach() - mark a thread as detached to reclaim its resources when it terminates SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread Thread whose resources are to be reclaimed immediately when it terminates. DESCRIPTION
is used to detach the thread thread. When thread terminates, its resources will automatically be reclaimed by the system. If thread has already terminated, causes the resources of thread to be reclaimed by the system. does not cause thread to terminate. Once a detached thread has terminated, its resources, including the thread ID, may be reused by the system. The return status of a detached thread is lost when the thread terminates. Calling this function multiple times for the same thread results in undefined behavior. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to thread. AUTHOR
was derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3T), pthread_join(3T), wait(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_detach(3T)