Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Processing multiple files (environment setting) Post 302966984 by Don Cragun on Thursday 18th of February 2016 12:52:44 PM
Old 02-18-2016
My crystal ball is in the repair shop today. Without seeing the code that is dropping core, seeing how the environment being used by the code that is dropping core is established, and the context in which that code is being run; it is going to be difficult for most of us to guess at what is wrong.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing Multiple Files

Hello Everyone, I am new to scripting and confused with how to do this efficiently. I am trying to use AWK to do this. I have a lot of files in a folder which has the data of my throughput measurements in two columns i.e. Serial # and Throughput. like this 177.994 847.9 178.996 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hakim
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple excel files processing on unix

Hi all, I am faced with a rather unusual problem regarding interaction between NT and UNIX. I am using an ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tool on unix that has the capability to read .xls files. So, when I FTP an excel (.xls) file from a windows server to unix and attempt to read it with this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ucode_2482
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single output of awk script processing multiple files

Helllo UNIX Forum :) Since I am posting on this board, yes, I am new to UNIX! I read a copy of "UNIX made easy" from 1990, which felt like a making a "computer-science time jump" backwards ;) So, basically I have some sort of understanding what the basic concept is. Problem Description:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kasimir
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up your environment

Hi I am new to Solaris and was just given my id and need to setup my environment, what do i need to do to run certain commands without putting in the complete path. How do I create my .profile, I do not see under my login? Any help would be greatly appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sa_ken
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple groups of files processing

I have five directories, dir1 to dir5 for each directory, I have all same number-named folders. There are four types of folders, {1..10}, {20..30}, { 40..50}, {60..70} Now for each types of folder, I will do the same thing, here is the code for i in {1..5} do cd dir$i mkdir temp1 for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgreen
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing multiple files awk

hai i need my single awk script to act on 4 trace files of ns2 and to calculate througput and it should print result from each trace file in a single trace file. i tried with the following code but it doesnt work awk -f awkscript inputfile1 inputfile2 inputfile3 inputfile4>outputfile ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathyy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple files to awk for processing in bash script

Hi, I'm using awk command in bash script. I'm able to pass multiple files to awk for processing.The code i can use is as below(sample code) #!/bin/bash awk -F "," 'BEGIN { ... ... ... }' file1 file2 file3 In the above code i'm passing the file names manually and it is fine till my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing multiple files

Hello I have a program cfxfrwb which is designed to remove headers from reports files. The cfxfrwb is located in the following directory /u01/efin/v40/live/bin I run the program against a single report file in the temp directory and it does it's job../cfxfrwb... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: captainrhodes
2 Replies
SYSTRAQ(8)							  [FIXME: manual]							SYSTRAQ(8)

NAME
systraq - monitors your system and warns you when files change SYNOPSIS
systraq DESCRIPTION
systraq is part of the systraq package, a set of scripts that monitors your system for file changes. It is meant to be run by a cronjob, not directly. systraq runs various system commands, to inspect the state of the system: what is it doing now?, what has it been doing recently?, are we running to hardware limitations?. Furthermore, it runs commands to inspect some files in users' homedirectories, as well as some system files, for frequently seen flaws. All these commands are maintained in little scripts in /etc/systraq/systraq.d. The first two characters of the script's name are used for the execution-order. The names of executable files in systraq.d/ (or symlinks to such files) must consist entirely of upper and lower case letters, digits, underscores, and hyphens. Files which not adhere will be silently ignored. The systraq script supplies some environment variables to the scripts in systraq.d/, these might be helpful when adding your own scripts. Refer to the (very small) systraq code itself for the details. We'll elaborate on some of the shipped systraq.d/ scripts. AA-shellrc checks for unsafe umask setting in shell startup scripts, or unsafe PATH in these scripts. AA-debsums runs debsums, to check md5sums as stated in packaging files with the sums of the actual files running the system. (NB: debsums has support for md5 checksums only, most Debian packages ship md5 checksums only. Therefore, we can't use sha256sum. See also the discussion on proposed release goal: DEBIAN/md5sums for all packages[1] at the Debian release mailinglist in August 2007 as well as Debian Bug #268658[2] for some considerations on this.) AA-localdigest runs sha256sum (or the command set in the ST_SUM environment variable) to check message digests as locally maintained in a file named in the ST_LDIGESTS environment variable. Typically, this is set to /var/lib/systraq/systraq.sums. If this environment variable is unset, this check is silenty skipped. Of course, you can add your own scripts. If you name them AA-local, they'll never get overwritten by any version of this software. If you don't like one of these scripts, you can disable it by removing the symlink, and creating a new symlink with the same name pointing to /bin/true. SEE ALSO
The systraq Manual, installed in /usr/share/doc/systraq. VERSION
$Id: systraq.dbx 374 2008-12-14 08:47:32Z joostvb $ AUTHORS
Joost van Baal <joostvb-systraq-20041015@mdcc.cx> Author. Laurent Fousse <laurent@komite.net> Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-2008 Joost van Baal Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. This document is based upon a manual page written by Laurent Fousse for the Debian project. NOTES
1. proposed release goal: DEBIAN/md5sums for all packages http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2007/08/threads.html#00086 2. Debian Bug #268658 http://bugs.debian.org/268658 [FIXME: source] 17 december 2008 SYSTRAQ(8)