Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SSH and telnet long delay to recieve prompt. Post 302966965 by gpenco on Thursday 18th of February 2016 09:47:54 AM
Old 02-18-2016
Yes I did os2mac and it was unsuccessful.

---------- Post updated at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:46 AM ----------

Pertainging to the useDNS=no......there is no useDNS

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Long Delay if any with network services

While installing a firewall, I was pinging the interface from SCO 5.0.6 Openserver box, while no response, I hit "DEL" to cancel, but no cancel. Then all of a sudden I get BOO-KOO traffic lights on HUB and Switch.... Then a kernel trap error. System froze... Proceeded with a cold boot. Now I have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nashvillek5
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep causing long delay (batching) whilst piping

Hi all. I have a problem at work which I have managed to break down into a simple test scenario: I have written a monitoring script that outputs every second the status of various processes, but for now, lets just print the date input.sh: while true do date sleep 1 done This... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: spudtheimpaler
9 Replies

3. Linux

delay getting ssh login prompt

Hi, We currently have a problem on a centos server when i try to ssh to it there is a significant delay in getting a login prompt. What would be the steps in troubleshooting this issue? I have try to narrow down a possible network issue but cannot see anything obviously wrong in the routing table,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
4 Replies

4. Solaris

ssh Long time to return prompt.

Hi All, I was installed new server M5000 on solaris10. I'am try to connect to server by ssh client (putty) after type user name and password the server take long time to return prompt to me about 30-60 second. any body can suggess me how to do it. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesmk
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet in command prompt

Hi, i have typed telnet yahoo.com 80 in command prompt it displays as a blank command prompt page titling as Telnet Yahoo.com Other than that i am not able to get anything. can anyone sort me out the reason for this (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::Telnet (match prompt)

Hi, The code below is used to telnet to list of devices and configure them. The program executes in this manner: 1. telnet to the first device in file.txt 2. one the telnet command is executed a "press any key to continue" prompts. 3. once a return key is executed it ask for username,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Delay after invalid SSH logon?

I am trying to configure a 4 second delay between failed login attempts on SSH. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Ssh logon delay

OS - Oracle Linux 5.6 and 6.3 (Oracle Linux is based on Red Hat). Background: I have several OL 5.6 virtual machines running under Virtual Box on my Win7 Pro desktop. Due to the way VBox handles networking through the network adapter it installs on the host OS, I build my vm's with 2 virtual... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 9 - SSH 40 Second Delay

I'm having an issue with SSH on a server that hasn't had any configuration changes made on it in a long time. I SSH to the server and it hangs at "debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent" for exactly 40 seconds then connects fine after that pause. Everything I have found points to DNS, but I use host files... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
19 Replies
SULOGIN(8)						       System Administration							SULOGIN(8)

NAME
sulogin - Single-user login SYNOPSIS
sulogin [options] [tty] DESCRIPTION
sulogin is invoked by init when the system goes into single user mode. The user is prompted: Give root password for system maintenance (or type Control-D for normal startup): sulogin will be connected to the current terminal, or to the optional tty device that can be specified on the command line (typically /dev/console). After the user exits the single-user shell or presses control-D at the prompt, the system will continue to boot. OPTIONS
-e, --force If the default method of obtaining the root password via getpwnam(3) from the system fails, manually examine /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow to get the password. If they are damaged or nonexistent, sulogin will start a root shell without asking for a password. Only use the -e option if you are sure the console is physically protected against unauthorized access. -p, --login-shell Specifying this option causes sulogin to start the shell process as a login shell. -t, --timeout seconds Specify the maximum amount of time to wait for user input. By default, sulogin will wait forever. -h, --help Print a help message. -V, --version Output version. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
sulogin looks for the environment variable SUSHELL or sushell to determine what shell to start. If the environment variable is not set, it will try to execute root's shell from /etc/passwd. If that fails it will fall back to /bin/sh. AUTHOR
sulogin was written by Miquel van Smoorenburg for sysvinit and later ported to util-linux by Dave Reisner and Karel Zak. AVAILABILITY
The sulogin command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux Jul 2012 SULOGIN(8)