Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SSH and telnet long delay to recieve prompt. Post 302966937 by gpenco on Thursday 18th of February 2016 07:31:58 AM
Old 02-18-2016
The file system is UFS, it is a virtual machine, and there isn't a database running on this server.

---------- Post updated at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:29 AM ----------

It is part of a lab environment. It is one of 5 virtual machine servers that gives the issue. One of the servers does indeed have a database installed on it.

---------- Post updated at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:31 AM ----------

not 5...but 4 servers...sorry that was a typo

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Long Delay if any with network services

While installing a firewall, I was pinging the interface from SCO 5.0.6 Openserver box, while no response, I hit "DEL" to cancel, but no cancel. Then all of a sudden I get BOO-KOO traffic lights on HUB and Switch.... Then a kernel trap error. System froze... Proceeded with a cold boot. Now I have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nashvillek5
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep causing long delay (batching) whilst piping

Hi all. I have a problem at work which I have managed to break down into a simple test scenario: I have written a monitoring script that outputs every second the status of various processes, but for now, lets just print the date input.sh: while true do date sleep 1 done This... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: spudtheimpaler
9 Replies

3. Linux

delay getting ssh login prompt

Hi, We currently have a problem on a centos server when i try to ssh to it there is a significant delay in getting a login prompt. What would be the steps in troubleshooting this issue? I have try to narrow down a possible network issue but cannot see anything obviously wrong in the routing table,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
4 Replies

4. Solaris

ssh Long time to return prompt.

Hi All, I was installed new server M5000 on solaris10. I'am try to connect to server by ssh client (putty) after type user name and password the server take long time to return prompt to me about 30-60 second. any body can suggess me how to do it. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesmk
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet in command prompt

Hi, i have typed telnet yahoo.com 80 in command prompt it displays as a blank command prompt page titling as Telnet Yahoo.com Other than that i am not able to get anything. can anyone sort me out the reason for this (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::Telnet (match prompt)

Hi, The code below is used to telnet to list of devices and configure them. The program executes in this manner: 1. telnet to the first device in file.txt 2. one the telnet command is executed a "press any key to continue" prompts. 3. once a return key is executed it ask for username,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Delay after invalid SSH logon?

I am trying to configure a 4 second delay between failed login attempts on SSH. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Ssh logon delay

OS - Oracle Linux 5.6 and 6.3 (Oracle Linux is based on Red Hat). Background: I have several OL 5.6 virtual machines running under Virtual Box on my Win7 Pro desktop. Due to the way VBox handles networking through the network adapter it installs on the host OS, I build my vm's with 2 virtual... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 9 - SSH 40 Second Delay

I'm having an issue with SSH on a server that hasn't had any configuration changes made on it in a long time. I SSH to the server and it hangs at "debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent" for exactly 40 seconds then connects fine after that pause. Everything I have found points to DNS, but I use host files... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
19 Replies
FENCE_AGENT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FENCE_AGENT(8)

NAME
fence_wti - Fence agent for WTI DESCRIPTION
fence_wti is an I/O Fencing agent which can be used with the WTI Network Power Switch (NPS). It logs into an NPS via telnet or ssh and boots a specified plug. Lengthy telnet connections to the NPS should be avoided while a GFS cluster is running because the connection will block any necessary fencing actions. fence_wti accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. Fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_wti can be run by itself with command line options. This is useful for testing and for turning outlets on or off from scripts. Vendor URL: http://www.wti.com PARAMETERS
-a, --ip=[ip] IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. -l, --username=[name] Login Name -p, --password=[password] Login password or passphrase -c, --command-prompt=[prompt] Force Python regex for command prompt (Default Value: ['RSM>', 'MPC>', 'IPS>', 'TPS>', 'NBB>', 'NPS>', 'VMR>']) -x, --ssh SSH connection -n, --plug=[id] Physical plug number, name of virtual machine or UUID This parameter is always required. -u, --ipport=[port] TCP/UDP port to use (default 23, 22 if --ssh TCP/UDP port to use for connection with device (Default Value: 23) -4, --inet4-only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only -6, --inet6-only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only -S, --password-script=[script] Script to retrieve password -k, --identity-file=[filename] Identity file for ssh --ssh-options=[options] SSH options to use -o, --action=[action] Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) -v, --verbose Verbose mode -D, --debug-file=[debugfile] Write debug information to given file -V, --version Display version information and exit -h, --help Display help and exit -C, --separator=[char] Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) --power-timeout=[seconds] Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) --shell-timeout=[seconds] Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) --login-timeout=[seconds] Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) --power-wait=[seconds] Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) --delay=[seconds] Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) --retry-on=[attempts] Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) ACTIONS
on Power on machine. off Power off machine. reboot Reboot machine. status This returns the status of the plug/virtual machine. list List available plugs with aliases/virtual machines if there is support for more then one device. Returns N/A otherwise. monitor Check the health of fence device metadata Display the XML metadata describing this resource. STDIN PARAMETERS
ipaddr IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. login Login Name passwd Login password or passphrase cmd_prompt Force Python regex for command prompt (Default Value: ['RSM>', 'MPC>', 'IPS>', 'TPS>', 'NBB>', 'NPS>', 'VMR>']) secure SSH connection port Physical plug number, name of virtual machine or UUID This parameter is always required. ipport TCP/UDP port to use for connection with device (Default Value: 23) inet4_only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only inet6_only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only passwd_script Script to retrieve password identity_file Identity file for ssh ssh_options SSH options to use action Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) verbose Verbose mode debug Write debug information to given file version Display version information and exit help Display help and exit separator Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) power_timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) shell_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) login_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) power_wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 0) delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) retry_on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) fence_wti (Fence Agent) 2009-10-20 FENCE_AGENT(8)