Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX system logs files
Operating Systems AIX AIX system logs files Post 302966927 by Bolou on Thursday 18th of February 2016 05:18:34 AM
Old 02-18-2016
AIX system logs files

hello,

i just want to know logs files for these actions listed below :

- User Account Creation
- User Account Deletion
- Failed and or Successful User Password Changes
- Failed Login Activities for all User Users
- System Reboot or and shutdown

help appreciated...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

system logs' life

How can you control old system logs keep(or storage) time in Solaris ? Is there any method ? it depends on buffer size long or date long ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xramm
1 Replies

2. AIX

location of logs on AIX 4.3 and 5.3

Hi All, I would like to know where's the location of ALL system error logs on AIX43 and AIX53. Thanks, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. AIX

System Logs

Dear Gurus I am running AIX with several users that are using the system, i would like to monitor the commands that are run by these users. Is there a log system that records the commands that are executed by the users??? Any kind of help will be appreciated. Regards Masquerder (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masquerer
6 Replies

4. AIX

How to transfer files from AIX to AS400/i-series Integrated File System

Hi all, We (AIX) currently mount to a ZFS on the Mainframe. When one of our local users wants to transfer a file to the Mainframe, they must first run binary MVSLOGIN passing user name and password. Our mainframe will be retired soon and business processes will be transferring to an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cruiser
2 Replies

5. Solaris

logs for system shutdown

I am working on a SUN T2000 machine with Solaris 10 running on it. When I checked the system this morning, I found it to be turned off. The lastreboot command showed that the system had been shut down the previous night. I want to find out how the system was shut down. I have run hardware health... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: batman727
2 Replies

6. AIX

system logs

good evening all dear all where i can find the system logs in AIX 5.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX system.... deleting files in remote directory after retrieving files

Hi Friends, I am new to this , I am working on AIX system and my scenario is to retrive the files from remote system and remove the files from the remote system after retreving files. I can able to retrieve the files but Can't remove files in remote system. Please check my code and help me out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayparakala
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Writing to System Logs

This isn't a RedHat specific question. The software in question might be used for any Linux distribution. Would it be advisable or inadvisable for my application, to be downloaded by many people I don't know, to write to the following logs in /var/log? maillog or mail.log messages secure ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brandon9000
10 Replies

9. AIX

Accessing files on AIX system from Linux system

I have a following requirement in production system 1 : LINUX User: abcd system 2: AIX (it is hosting a production DB) Requirement user abcd from system 1 should have read access on archive log files created by DB on system 2. The log files are created with permissions 540 by user ora ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitnm1106
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Daemon logs in AIX

I have to enable sftp and scp daemon logs in AIX 7.1. Currently only ftp daemons are being logged. What are the steps for doing so? Also programs such as filezilla uses sftp service to log into AIX. How do I ensure that sftp/scp continues to function after making change? Also needs to know what... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pregmi
3 Replies
sasl_errors(10 July 2001)												 sasl_errors(10 July 2001)

NAME
sasl_errors - SASL error codes SYNOPSIS
#include <sasl/sasl.h> DESCRIPTION
The following are the general error codes that may be returned by calls into the SASL library, and their meanings (that may vary slightly based on context): Common Result Codes SASL_OK Success SASL_CONTINUE Another step is needed in authentication SASL_FAIL Generic Failure SASL_NOMEM Memory shortage failure SASL_BUFOVER Overflowed buffer SASL_NOMECH Mechanism not supported / No mechanisms matched requirements SASL_BADPROT Bad / Invalid Protocol or Protocol cancel SASL_NOTDONE Can't request information / Not applicable until later in exchange SASL_BADPARAM Invalid Parameter Supplied SASL_TRYAGAIN Transient Failure (e.g. weak key) SASL_BADMAC Integrity Check Failed SASL_NOTINIT SASL library not initialized Client-only Result Codes SASL_INTERACT Needs user interaction SASL_BADSERV Server failed mutual authentication step SASL_WRONGMECH Mechanism does not support requested feature Server-only Result Codes SASL_BADAUTH Authentication Failure SASL_NOAUTHZ Authorization Failure SASL_TOOWEAK Mechanism too weak for this user SASL_ENCRYPT Encryption needed to use mechanism SASL_TRANS One time use of a plaintext password will enable requested mechanism for user SASL_EXPIRED Passphrase expired, must be reset SASL_DISABLED Account Disabled SASL_NOUSER User Not Found SASL_BADVERS Version mismatch with plug-in SASL_NOVERIFY USer exists, but no verifier for user Password Setting Result Codes SASL_PWLOCK Passphrase locked SASL_NOCHANGE Requested change was not needed SASL_WEAKPASS Passphrase is too week for security policy. SASL_NOUSERPASS User supplied passwords are not permitted CONFORMING TO
RFC 2222 SEE ALSO
sasl(3) SASL man pages SASL sasl_errors(10 July 2001)