Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to skip lines find text and add text based on number Post 302966786 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 16th of February 2016 03:01:05 PM
Old 02-16-2016
awk does not have the nice ( )match clause that perl has.
Code:
awk -v M=";STB=" '/^[^#]/ && match($0,M"[^;]*") {LM=length(M); print $0, (substr($0,RSTART+LM,RLENGTH-LM)>=0.8 ? "STRAND BIAS" : "GOOD")}' awk_test.txt

---------- Post updated at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:38 PM ----------

With the idea -F ";STB=" it simplifies a bit:
Code:
awk -F ";STB=" '/^[^#]/ && match($2,"[^;]*") {print $0, (substr($2,RSTART,RLENGTH)>=0.8 ? "STRAND BIAS" : "GOOD")}' awk_test.txt

---------- Post updated at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:51 PM ----------

In case you want to keep the comments:
Code:
awk -F ";STB=" '/^#/ {print; next} match($2,"[^;]*") {print $0, (substr($2,RSTART,RLENGTH)>=0.8 ? "STRAND BIAS" : "GOOD")}' awk_test.txt

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to combine 2 lines in same files based on any text

hi, I want to combine two lines in same file. If the line ends with '&' it should belongs to previous line only Here i am writing example. Ex1: line 1 : return abcdefgh& line 2 : ijklmnopqr& line 3 : stuvw& line 4 : xyz output should be line 1: return abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: spc432
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to skip lines which don't begin with a number

Hi, I have a file: file.txt 1 word 2 word word word 3 word 4 word and I would like to create a set: set number = `cut -d" " -f1 ${1}` #${1} is the text file but it should only contain the lines which begin with numbers, and another set which contains the lines which begin with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and add/replace text in text files

Hi. I would like to have experts help on below action. I have text files in which page nubmers exists in form like PAGE : 1 PAGE : 2 PAGE : 3 and so on there is other text too. I would like to know is it possible to check the last occurance of Page... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge lines based off of text?

Hello Everyone, I have two files, similar to the following: File 1: 8010 ITEM01 CODE1 FLAG1 filler filler 7020 OBJECT CODE2 FLAG2 filler 6010 THING1 CODE4 FLAG4 6011 ITEM20 CODE7 FLAG7 File 2 contains: 6020 ITEM01 CODEA FLAGA filler filler filler 7000 OBJECT CODEB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting lines from a text file based on another text file with line numbers

Hi, I am trying to extract lines from a text file given a text file containing line numbers to be extracted from the first file. How do I go about doing this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete lines of a text file based on another text file?

I have 2 TXT files with with 8 columns in them(tab separated). First file has 2000 entries whereas 2nd file has 300 entries. The first file has ALL the lines of second file. Now I need to remove those 300 lines (which are in both files) from first file so that first file's line count become... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Skip x Number of Lines in Counter

Hello, I am new to AWK and in UNIX in general. I am hoping you can help me out here. Here is my data: root@ubuntu:~# cat circuits.list WORD1 AA BB CC DD Active ISP1 ISP NAME1 XX-XXXXXX1 WORD1 AA BB CC (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tattoostreet
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find=grep or maybe sed/awk for multiple lines of text?

Hi, I am running the following: PASS="username/password" sqlplus -s << EOF | grep -v "^$" $PASS set feedback off set heading off set termout off select name from v\$database ; exit EOF Which gives ERROR: ORA-28002: the password will expire within 5 days PSMP1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print lines based on text in field and value in two additional fields

In the awk below I am trying to print the entire line, along with the header row, if $2 is SNV or MNV or INDEL. If that condition is met or is true, and $3 is less than or equal to 0.05, then in $7 the sub pattern :GMAF= is found and the value after the = sign is checked. If that value is less than... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to add value and text to specific lines

In the awk I have a very large tab-delimeted file that I am trying to extract the DP= value put it in $16 and add specific text to $16 with . (dot) in $11-$15 and $18. Only the lines (there are several) that have the formating below in file will have an empty $16. Other lines will be in a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)