Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Solaris 11 ksh93 if condition issue Post 302966772 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 16th of February 2016 11:53:44 AM
Old 02-16-2016
I guess your .ps-fu.list.$$ file is faulty (not empty).
Check with a simple cat!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh93 deprecation...

Any means of running ksh93 in a ksh88-mode? Might sound odd, but I want/need to restrict U/Win-developed scripts to correspond to the ksh88 version on my Solaris environment(s). Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: curleb
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

An issue with condition statement in shell script

Hello forum members. please go through the below mentioned issue and let me know the right solution. I have to write a script which runs another script .the executable script take input parmeters.so iam writing the the script below . Sample Code:Begins #! /bin/ksh echo " enter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If condition issue

Hello, I am using the following code #!/bin/sh chris='rerun' chris2=$1 echo "chris=$chris" echo "chris2=$chris2" if then echo "RERUN" else echo "NOT RERUN" fi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition issue

Hi, Unix Gurus, I got some issue with my script. #!/usr/bin/ksh while read newstatus do if ; then echo "It is finished " else echo "Not Finished" fi done <checkresult.txt basically, I want to read one file (the file only contains one word, but it dynamically changed),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix and db2 where condition issue(new line)

Hi I am extracting a column value(DESCRIPTION) from one table and passing it to another db2 statement in a shell code to fetch some value(ID) but the value when passed in where condition is taking as newline+value. Please find the out put when executed: + echo description is ::::... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msp2244
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition issue

Hi, I have prepared the below shell script for one of the requirement which accesses Informatica application and performs certain functions. But for some reason, if condition fails and scripts stops abruptly with the below error. Please let me know the where the problem is #!/bin/ksh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition checking issue while if

hi, i am using a simple condition end_ct=`sqlplus -s $ORACLE_USER/$ORACLE_PASS@$ORACLE_SID << EOF select description from bravo_statistics where trunc(time_stamp)=trunc(sysdate)-1 and description='END CAT'; EOF` echo $end_ct; echo... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
30 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If Condition Issue in UNIX

Hi I am trying to do a "IF" Condition in UNIX where we compare EACH file size in a directory with a SIZE (Parameter passed) If Each File size EXCEEDS parameter passed SIZE then we manipulate the file. Somehow the IF condition do not work ?? (is this Variable decalration issue ??) ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pete.kriya
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with IF condition

Getting syntax error when the condition after -o returns more than one file if then echo "Found" fi output: =>ls -l total 5 -rw-rw-r-- 1 wes wes 0 Jun 25 04:51 a.done -rw-rw-r-- 1 wes wes 0 Jun 25 04:51 a.zip -rw-rw-r-- 1 wes wes ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: anijan
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ksh93 on Linux compatible with ksh93 on AIX

Hi Experts, I have several shell scripts that have been developed on a Linux box for korn ksh93. If we want to run this software on an AIX 6.1 box that runs ksh88 by default can we just change the she-bang line to reference /bin/ksh93 which ships with AIX as its "enhanced shell" to ensure... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith Turley
6 Replies
PCRESAMPLE(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     PCRESAMPLE(3)

NAME
PCRE - Perl-compatible regular expressions PCRE SAMPLE PROGRAM
A simple, complete demonstration program, to get you started with using PCRE, is supplied in the file pcredemo.c in the PCRE distribution. The program compiles the regular expression that is its first argument, and matches it against the subject string in its second argument. No PCRE options are set, and default character tables are used. If matching succeeds, the program outputs the portion of the subject that matched, together with the contents of any captured substrings. If the -g option is given on the command line, the program then goes on to check for further matches of the same regular expression in the same subject string. The logic is a little bit tricky because of the possibility of matching an empty string. Comments in the code explain what is going on. If PCRE is installed in the standard include and library directories for your system, you should be able to compile the demonstration pro- gram using this command: gcc -o pcredemo pcredemo.c -lpcre If PCRE is installed elsewhere, you may need to add additional options to the command line. For example, on a Unix-like system that has PCRE installed in /usr/local, you can compile the demonstration program using a command like this: gcc -o pcredemo -I/usr/local/include pcredemo.c -L/usr/local/lib -lpcre Once you have compiled the demonstration program, you can run simple tests like this: ./pcredemo 'cat|dog' 'the cat sat on the mat' ./pcredemo -g 'cat|dog' 'the dog sat on the cat' Note that there is a much more comprehensive test program, called pcretest, which supports many more facilities for testing regular expres- sions and the PCRE library. The pcredemo program is provided as a simple coding example. On some operating systems (e.g. Solaris), when PCRE is not installed in the standard library directory, you may get an error like this when you try to run pcredemo: ld.so.1: a.out: fatal: libpcre.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory This is caused by the way shared library support works on those systems. You need to add -R/usr/local/lib (for example) to the compile command to get round this problem. AUTHOR
Philip Hazel University Computing Service Cambridge CB2 3QH, England. REVISION
Last updated: 23 January 2008 Copyright (c) 1997-2008 University of Cambridge. PCRESAMPLE(3)