Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use awk to output such a pattern? Post 302966767 by sidnow on Tuesday 16th of February 2016 11:24:19 AM
Old 02-16-2016
How to use awk to output such a pattern?

Hi all,

I want to output the following pattern in a comma separted format, but am not able to do it.

HTML Code:
Table1.FIND.Value= 124
Data
Data
Data
Data
Data
Table1.FIND.Value =256
Data
Data
Data
Data
Data
The outPut i expect is

HTML Code:
Table1.FIND.Value=124,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data
Table1.FIND.Value=256,Data,Data,Data,Data,Data
I am able to do all in one go with

HTML Code:
awk 'BEGIN{RS="\n";ORS=",";}{print $0}' File
But this outputs everything as one single record with comma separated values.

Not sure how to achieve this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use to awk to match pattern, and print the pattern

Hi, I know how to use awk to search some expressions like five consecutive numbers, , this is easy. However, how do I make awk print the pattern that is been matched? For example: input: usa,canada99292,japan222,france59664,egypt223 output:99292,59664 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: round output or delimit output of arithmatic string

I have a file with the following content. > cat /tmp/internetusage.txt 6709.296322 30000 2/7/2010 0.00I am using the following awk command to calculate a percentage from field 1 and 2 from the file. awk '{ print $1/$2*100 }' /tmp/internetusage.txt This outputs the value "22.3643" as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jelloir
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK match $1 $2 pattern in file 1 to $1 $2 pattern in file2

Hi, I have 2 files that I have modified to basically match each other, however I want to determine what (if any) line in file 1 does not exist in file 2. I need to match column $1 and $2 as a single string in file1 to $1 and $2 in file2 as these two columns create a match. I'm stuck in an AWK... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to match a pattern and perform a search after the first pattern

Hello Guyz I have been following this forum for a while and the solutions provided are super useful. I currently have a scenario where i need to search for a pattern and start searching by keeping the first pattern as a baseline ABC DEF LMN EFG HIJ LMN OPQ In the above text i need to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickCharles
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying log file pattern output in tabular form output

Hi All, I have result log file which looks like this (below): from the content need to consolidate the result and put it in tabular form 1). Intercomponents Checking Passed: All Server are passed. ====================================================================== 2). OS version Checking... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk usage to grep a pattern 1 and with reference to this grep a pattern 2 and pattern 3

Hi , I have a file where i have modifed certain things compared to original file . The difference of the original file and modified file is as follows. # diff mir_lex.c.modified mir_lex.c.orig 3209c3209 < if(yy_current_buffer -> yy_is_our_buffer == 0) { --- >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: breezevinay
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help! Printing out CSV output from awk Pattern Match

Hi, I need to search for a word using Awk and print out the line the word is in and every line after the search phrase until I hit this #------------. Then I need to send it to a csv file. So basically the input file format is like this:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: An0mander
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to remove pattern and lines above pattern

In the awk below I am trying to remove all lines above and including the pattern Test or Test2. Each block is seperated by a newline and Test2 also appears in the lines to keep but it will always have additional text after it. The Test to remove will not. The awk executed until the || was added... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
Data(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Data(3pm)

NAME
Test::Data -- test functions for particular variable types SYNOPSIS
use Test::Data qw(Scalar Array Hash Function); DESCRIPTION
Test::Data provides utility functions to check properties and values of data and variables. Functions Plug-in modules define functions for each data type. See the appropriate module. How it works The Test::Data module simply imports functions from Test::Data::* modules. Each module defines a self-contained function, and puts that function name into @EXPORT. Test::Data defines its own import function, but that does not matter to the plug-in modules. If you want to write a plug-in module, follow the example of one that already exists. Name the module Test::Data::Foo, where you replace Foo with the right name. Test::Data should automatically find it. BUGS
I'm not a very good Windows Perler, so some things don't work as they should on Windows. I recently got a Windows box so I can test things, but if you run into problems, I can use all the patches or advice you care to send. SEE ALSO
Test::Data::Scalar, Test::Data::Array, Test::Data::Hash, Test::Data::Function, Test::Builder SOURCE AVAILABILITY
This source is in Github: http://github.com/briandfoy/test-data/tree/master AUTHOR
brian d foy, "<bdfoy@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2002-2009 brian d foy. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2009-02-12 Data(3pm)