Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Linux admin salary in the USA Post 302966744 by Vit0_Corleone on Tuesday 16th of February 2016 05:23:53 AM
Old 02-16-2016
Thanks gull04. Smilie I will report later on what salary I will be offered Smilie)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New Suse Linux Admin ?

I have just been handed two new Suse 7.2 Linux systems to Administer. We are wanting to setup monitoring of applications, file system space, etc. Are there standard log directories that an experienced Admin would put scripts, log files, documentation, etc. or just put it under the /root Home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darthur
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root/admin commands in LINUX

Hi I am working on LINUX shell scripting. I have root privileges and I know some basic root/admin commands like user creation, modification and so on. Till last week i was able to create users but now i am not able to create users or groups. When I give the command i got an error as ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naina
6 Replies

3. Linux

interviewing linux admin

Im a solaris admin, not too familair with linux, can anyone give me 5-10 questions I should ask a Linux admin Im going to interview for a job. The job requires an experiencend Linux admin, who can do backups, system builds, create file systems, monitor, etc... in a production environment. Any help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
3 Replies

4. Advertise with Us

FITS - looking for AIX Admin in Vienna, VA (USA)

FITS is a computer consulting company based in Maryland. We are currently in need for two Sr. AIX Administrators. Must be a US citizen. Please send resume to mmalik@FitsInc.Net or contact 301-667-0991. Pay is excellent. Note: Ad approved until November 14, 2009 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mam0142
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

AIX Admin Salary

I am interested how much is average AIX Admin Salary.. in the USA or in the EUROPE.. or somewhere else... ;) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwwzviadi
6 Replies

6. Linux

Linux admin

Hi, Please give some important admin command document . which is helpful in my role. THanks, Mani (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

I want to become a Linux admin..

Hi , I have skill set in unix/shell scripting. But I would like to become a linux admin..So could you please help on this.. 1) what are the things need to be learn, 2) any reference should be appreciable. 3) or any website.. THanks, Mani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
profile(7D)							      Devices							       profile(7D)

NAME
profile - DTrace profile interrupt provider DESCRIPTION
The profile driver is a DTrace dynamic tracing provider that adds time-based interrupt event sources that can be used as DTrace probes. Each profile event source is a time-based interrupt firing every fixed, specified time interval. You can use these probes to sample some aspect of system state every unit time and the samples can then be used to infer system behavior. If the sampling rate is high, or the sam- pling time is long, an accurate inference is possible. By using the DTrace facility to bind arbitrary actions to probes, you can use the profile provider to sample practically anything in the system. For example, you could sample the state of the current thread, the CPU state, or the current machine instruction each time a probe fires. The profile driver is not a public interface and you access the instrumentation offered by this provider through DTrace. Refer to the Solaris Dynamic Tracing Guide for a description of the public documented interfaces available for the DTrace facility and the probes offered by the profile provider. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdtrp | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dtrace(1M), attributes(5), dtrace(7D) Solaris Dynamic Tracing Guide SunOS 5.10 4 Sep 2003 profile(7D)