Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Linux admin salary in the USA Post 302966738 by Vit0_Corleone on Tuesday 16th of February 2016 04:31:13 AM
Old 02-16-2016
Linux admin salary in the USA

Hello guys,
First I apologize for asking non technical question but I am goging to move to the USA and I have 8 year experience as a senior linux admin, I am administering storage subsystems as well.
Can you please tell me how much is an average salary for Linux admins?

Thanks in advance.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New Suse Linux Admin ?

I have just been handed two new Suse 7.2 Linux systems to Administer. We are wanting to setup monitoring of applications, file system space, etc. Are there standard log directories that an experienced Admin would put scripts, log files, documentation, etc. or just put it under the /root Home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darthur
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root/admin commands in LINUX

Hi I am working on LINUX shell scripting. I have root privileges and I know some basic root/admin commands like user creation, modification and so on. Till last week i was able to create users but now i am not able to create users or groups. When I give the command i got an error as ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naina
6 Replies

3. Linux

interviewing linux admin

Im a solaris admin, not too familair with linux, can anyone give me 5-10 questions I should ask a Linux admin Im going to interview for a job. The job requires an experiencend Linux admin, who can do backups, system builds, create file systems, monitor, etc... in a production environment. Any help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
3 Replies

4. Advertise with Us

FITS - looking for AIX Admin in Vienna, VA (USA)

FITS is a computer consulting company based in Maryland. We are currently in need for two Sr. AIX Administrators. Must be a US citizen. Please send resume to mmalik@FitsInc.Net or contact 301-667-0991. Pay is excellent. Note: Ad approved until November 14, 2009 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mam0142
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

AIX Admin Salary

I am interested how much is average AIX Admin Salary.. in the USA or in the EUROPE.. or somewhere else... ;) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwwzviadi
6 Replies

6. Linux

Linux admin

Hi, Please give some important admin command document . which is helpful in my role. THanks, Mani (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

I want to become a Linux admin..

Hi , I have skill set in unix/shell scripting. But I would like to become a linux admin..So could you please help on this.. 1) what are the things need to be learn, 2) any reference should be appreciable. 3) or any website.. THanks, Mani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool(3pm)

NAME
HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool - Base class for determining which date package to use for calendrical calculations. SYNOPSIS
my $date_tool = HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool->new( year => $YYYY_year, month => $one_thru_12_month, weeknum => $weeknum_mode, historic => $historic_mode, datetool => $specific_datetool_if_desired, ); DESCRIPTION
This module attempts to utilize the best date calculation package available on the current system. For most contemporary dates this usually ends up being the internal Time::Local package of perl. For more exotic dates, or when week number of the years are desired, other methods are attempted including DateTime, Date::Calc, Date::Manip, and the linux/unix 'ncal' or 'cal' commands. Each of these has a specific subclass of this module offering the same utility methods needed by HTML::CalendarMonth. METHODS
new() Constructor. Takes the following parameters: year Year of calendar in question (required). If you are rendering exotic dates (i.e. dates outside of 1970 to 2038) then something besides Time::Local will be used for calendrical calculations. month Month of calendar in question (required). 1 through 12. weeknum Optional. When specified, will limit class excursions to those that are currently set up for week of year calculations. historic Optional. If the the ncal or cal commands are available, use one of them rather than other available date modules since these utilities accurately handle some specific historical artifacts such as the transition from Julian to Gregorian. datetool Optional. Mostly for debugging, this option can be used to indicate a specific HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool subclass for instantiation. The value can be either the actual utility class, e.g., Date::Calc, or the name of the CalendarMonth handler leaf class, e.g. DateCalc. Use 'ncal' or 'cal', respectively, for the wrappers around those commands. There are number of methods automatically available: month() year() weeknum() historical() datetool() Accessors for the parameters provided to "new()" above. dow1st() Returns the day of week number for the 1st of the "year" and "month" specified during the call to "new()". Relies on the presence of "dow1st_and_lastday()". Should be 0..6 starting with Sun. lastday() Returns the last day of the month for the "year" and "month" specified during the call to "new()". Relies on the presence of "dow1st_and_lastday()". Overridden methods Subclasses of this module must provide at least the "day_epoch()" and "dow1st_and_lastday()" methods. dow1st_and_lastday() Required. Provides a list containing the day of the week of the first day of the month (0..6 starting with Sun) along with the last day of the month. day_epoch() Optional unless interested in epoch values for wacky dates. For a given day, and optionally "month" and "year" if they are different from those specified in "new()", provide the unix epoch in seconds for that day at midnight. If the subclass is expected to provide week of year numbers, three more methods are necessary: dow() For a given day, and optionally "month" and "year" if they are different from those specified in "new()", provide the day of week number. (1=Sunday, 7=Saturday). add_days($days, $delta, $day, [$month], [$year]) For a given day, and optionally "month" and "year" if they are different from those specified in "new()", provide a list of year, month, and day once "delta" days have been added. week_of_year($day, [$month], [$year]) For a given day, and optionally "month" and "year" if they are different from those specified in "new()", provide a list with the week number of the year along with the year. (some days of a particular year can end up belonging to the prior or following years). AUTHOR
Matthew P. Sisk, <sisk@mojotoad.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2010 Matthew P. Sisk. All rights reserved. All wrongs revenged. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
HTML::CalendarMonth(3), Time::Local(3), DateTime(3), Date::Calc(3), Date::Manip(3), cal(1) perl v5.12.4 2011-08-26 HTML::CalendarMonth::DateTool(3pm)