Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can Missing mpk Code be added via NVRAM Post 302966735 by gull04 on Tuesday 16th of February 2016 03:38:37 AM
Old 02-16-2016
Hi,

Are these SPARC II or III, also can you get to the obp?

Regards

Gull04

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nvram reset or crack password

Hello guys ,and girls. Im having a very interesting problem. I have a Netra SUN machine and i had it here for quite a while now...i wanted to install it as a new server and todo so i needed to mount a cd rom and to change the boot at the prom level to cdrom. this could work but i forgot the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: talroze
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nvram?

what is its signifance and how do you flush it. i was reading this book that said something about flushing the nvram before un-installing it. how do you do that and also whats the purpose of this nvram when the regular RAM is available (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Nvram

I have Ultra1 SUN machine, its NVRAM got damaged. I purchased new NVRAM. now the host id of the new nvram is by default different than the old one.Any way to program it to change the new host id to be the same like the host id of the damaged one? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adol3
3 Replies

4. Solaris

NVRAM change

I have replaced the nvram on my Sun V480 and now the system stops at the "ctrl-d for normal startup, or root password for maintenance" part. The nvram auto-boot=true, but it still stops here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
4 Replies

5. Solaris

new NVRAM

what is the requirements to install a new nvram for sun fire v890 server. should I keep the same host id and mac address, or it doesn't matter the server will boot with the new nvram regardless to the host id and mac address. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gad314
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Need help with nvram

Hi Gurus, Can somebody explain me actually how a NVRAM works on a sparc server. I am really confused and the same level of confusion with eeprom . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies

7. AIX

Resetting the NVRAM

Does anybody know how to reset the NVRAM on a System p 520 (power 5)? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: livehho
7 Replies
VX(4)							 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual						     VX(4)

NAME
vx -- 3Com EtherLink III / Fast EtherLink III (3c59x) Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device vx Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_vx_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The vx driver provides support for the 3Com ``Vortex'' chipset. The medium selection can be influenced by the following link flags to the ifconfig(8) command: link0 Use the AUI port. link1 Use the BNC port. link2 Use the UTP port. HARDWARE
The vx driver supports the following cards: o 3Com 3c590 EtherLink III PCI o 3Com 3c592 EtherLink III EISA o 3Com 3c595 Fast EtherLink III PCI in 10 Mbps mode o 3Com 3c597 Fast EtherLink III EISA in 10 Mbps mode DIAGNOSTICS
vx%d: not configured; kernel is built for only %d devices. There are not enough devices in the kernel configuration file for the number of adapters present in the system. Add devices to the configuration file, rebuild the kernel, and reboot. All other diagnostics indicate either a hardware problem or a bug in the driver. CAVEATS
Some early-revision 3c590 cards are defective and suffer from many receive overruns, which cause lost packets. The author has attempted to implement a test for it based on the information supplied by 3Com, but the test resulted mostly in spurious warnings. The performance of this driver is somewhat limited by the fact that it uses only polled-mode I/O and does not make use of the bus-mastering capability of the cards. SEE ALSO
arp(4), netintro(4), ng_ether(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The vx device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 2.1. It was derived from the ep driver, from which it inherits most of its limitations. AUTHORS
The vx device driver and this manual page were written by Fred Gray <fgray@rice.edu>, based on the work of Herb Peyerl and with the assis- tance of numerous others. BUGS
The vx driver is known not to reset the adapter correctly following a warm boot on some systems. The vx driver has not been exhaustively tested with all the models of cards that it claims to support. BSD
July 16, 2005 BSD