Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Process memory usage
Operating Systems Solaris Process memory usage Post 302966606 by jlliagre on Sunday 14th of February 2016 11:50:42 AM
Old 02-14-2016
What Solaris release is this?
Are zones involved?
Why was there six processes belonging to hvr in the "prstat -a" first posting output and only two in the last one?
What is the output of "prstat -s rss -c 1 1"?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to restrict memory usage by a process

we are running red hat ES4 and i would like to know if there is anyway of restrcting the maximum amount of memory that a process can get? I have a single preocess that is taking >13GB. Thanks, Frank (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
4 Replies

2. Solaris

RAM Physical Memory usage by each Process.

Hi All, I am trying to find the physical memory usage by each process/users. Can you please let me know how to get the memory usage?. Thanks, bsraj. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsrajirs
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory usage of a process

hi all, i want to write a script that checks the memory usage of processes and send a mail with the name of the process witch is using more then 300mb RAM. dose anybody have a sample script or an idea how i can make it ? PROCCESSES="snmpd sendmail" for myVar in $PROCCESSES do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tafil
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

how could I get a process Memory Usage

I use pstat API to get Process Infomation I would like to get a process 1.process owner 2.how many physical memory and virtual memory and total memory used(KB) and usage(%) 3.a process excution file create time 4.a process excution file access time I do't know which attribute it i need ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

5. AIX

How to trace cpu/memory usage for a process

I don't know when the process will start and end, I need write a script to trace it's cpu/memory usage when it is runing. How to write this script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

6. Programming

Memory usage of a process having shared libraries

Hi, I have the following two processes that's built with static libraries. Both the process have many common libraries. -rwxr-xr-x 1 xxx xxx 152946280 Oct 15 08:38 server1 -rwxr-xr-x 1 xxx xxx 41633880 Oct 15 08:39 server2. I built these two server processes making all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srivatsan_vn
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Memory usage of a process having shared libraries

Hi, I have the following two processes that's built with static libraries. Both the process have many common libraries. -rwxr-xr-x 1 xxx xxx 152946280 Oct 15 08:38 server1 -rwxr-xr-x 1 xxx xxx 41633880 Oct 15 08:39 server2. I built these two server processes making all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srivatsan_vn
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

collecting memory usage by a process

Hi Guys, I work on a AIX environment and I'm trying to write a script where I can collect all the memory used by a process. Basically I'm executing the command 'ps -fu userid' to get all the process ids and then executing the 'ps v PID' to get all the memory allocated by PPID. My question is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Virtual Memory Usage a Process

Hi all, Is there any command which shows the virtual memory usage of a particular process in HP-UX machine. I have tried with ps, top but could not get what I want. Kindly provide me a solution. Thanks in Advance ARD (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ard
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Find memory usage for a process

I have multiple oracle databases on one server. All the database are running from the same user i.e. oraent. The process for each database can be distinguished by the ps -ef command Eg : ps -ef | grep oraentThe Output : oraent 5361 1 0 20:58:05 ? 0:00 oracledb1... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashreads
11 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)