Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Power5 9133-55A Serial Console connection issue Post 302966566 by Devyn on Saturday 13th of February 2016 02:05:48 PM
Old 02-13-2016
This is the device I'm using:

Feb 13 13:50:44 mbpc-pc kernel: ftdi_sio ttyUSB0: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0

Tried from Windows using putty, but not output on screen.

Cheers,
DH

---------- Post updated at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:03 PM ----------

Thanks hicksd8, that's one of the things I tried, watching the Brian Smith videos and other videos but no luck. Not even through putty in windows. Anyway to detect the serial settings?

Cheers,
DH

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Installing via serial console

I'm stuck - when I boot the machine and hit 5 on the keyboard, all I get is an SP login. Can someone give me some tips on how to get to the install via the serial port? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tb0ne
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

serial console hangs

I have a HP Visualize C200 running hpux that I am trying to boot into using a null modem through com1 from my Sun Ultra 10. I get all the way to the login prompt and then it becomes innactive and wont let me access the machine anymore. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trajek
2 Replies

3. AIX

Turn off System attention light on POWER5 model p5 55A ?

Hi, Because of previous error System attention light(yellow exclamation mark) is on. How do I turn it off ? thanks Vilius (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Use a Serial Console with Mac OS X Leopard

I'm trying to use an old Commodore 128D as a terminal to access OS X's shell via a serial port. I've used 'screen' and 'zterm' to ensure the two machines are successfully interfaced. Instructions for opening up the serial console on other Unix-y operating systems don't work with OS X Leopard. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joecassara
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP Console Vs Serial console.

Hi Gurus, Can some one explain me the difference between a IP console and a serial console. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies

6. Solaris

V890 serial console inaccessible

I am battling to get a V890 up and running. The system appears to have AUTOBOOT=false, so no OS comes up when it's powered on, and I do not have the credentials to get to the RSC management console. Output to ttya serial console ends at "Probing I/O buses", I assume because output is then being... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dstmark
4 Replies

7. Solaris

How to setup a serial console?

i am running solaris 10 in my vmware workstation. How to setup a console for my solaris box. in Vmware i could see a serial port option. can some one help me on how i can setup a console . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
0 Replies

8. AIX

How to install AIX 5 on 9133-55a?

hello everyone :D i'm new to AIX and i loved it the moment i saw an AIX admin who came to where i work to install an AIX server for an ERP project, i loved it so much that i bought the old server in my company my server is 9133-55a the server has no graphic card, and i cant use HMC how can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pico
3 Replies

9. Solaris

$ Prompt on Serial console is not responding.

Hi Experts. i have been stuck up with an issue. i have connected my Solaris 8 , Sun fire V445 on serial port by using Teraterm. Initially i was able to login and executed some tasks. After executing some commands (mainly Control +c), i am not able to type any key or not able to do anything at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddulamadhu
2 Replies
UARK(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   UARK(4)

NAME
uark -- Arkmicro Technologies ARK3116 based USB serial adapter SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device uark device ucom Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): uark_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The uark driver supports Arkmicro Technologies ARK3116 based serial adapters. HARDWARE
The uark driver supports the following adapters: o HL USB-RS232 o HugePine USB-UART o KQ-U8A Data Cable o Skymaster USB to RS232 SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The uark device driver first appeared in OpenBSD 4.0. The first FreeBSD release to include it was FreeBSD 7.0. AUTHORS
The uark driver was written by Jonathan Gray <jsg@openbsd.org>. CAVEATS
Setting hardware flow control is not currently supported. It is not yet known how to ask the hardware to send a break. Arkmicro Technologies do not reply to requests of documentation for their products. BSD
November 15, 2006 BSD