Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Groups is not visible
Operating Systems Solaris Groups is not visible Post 302966536 by Revathi2089 on Saturday 13th of February 2016 06:05:11 AM
Old 02-13-2016
Thanks Don,

I am not sure why i am able to add the user to group CD but not AB.
when i give
Code:
#grep 'ad3059' /etc/group D::2098:ad3059 C:*:2015:ad3059

But not A and B not sure

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 02-13-2016 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: code tags

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why are the xml tags not visible?

Could some one please tell me why, when I run the following php code: <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <?php $readfile = file("rss_file.xml"); for ($k=0; $k<=count($readfile)-1; $k++) { echo "$readfile<br>"; } </BODY> </HTML> the tags do not appear in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: photon
1 Replies

2. Web Development

images are not visible

hi, why my uploaded images are not visible both in front-end and back-end of my CMS ? See the picture: http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/72686/noPics.png I checked the GD library in php. It seems ok... http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/72686/GD.png thanks ---------- Post updated at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A file system visible for solaris and windows?

Hi, I have a 1TB external iomega hard disk, and I want to plug it to a solaris 8 machine. The problem is that solaris doesn't recognize the NTFS file system partition. I was thinking of formatting it to FAT32, but I would like to know if anyone knows a better file system, considering: - I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dann-E
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

[ URGENT] - HDD visible to OS without reboot

Hi, I have added 30 GB Vmware Scsci disk in RHEL # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga) I want to make this 30 GB visible to OS without reboot. Pls help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

5. Solaris

folder not visible in ls -l

Hi, I have a strange problem. when i do ls i see a folder, say 'abc', but it disappears when i do ls -l. I cannot access or mv that folder. Solaris 10 (SPARC) doesn't allow me to create a new folder with the same name, as it already exists. 'file' command also doesn't recognize i 'abc'... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not visible hidden folder

Hi, In one folder there is a hidden folder. Whenever i do any ls -a i can't see the folder. However i can get into the folder by cd .foldername. Would you please help me to identify what is the problem here. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
13 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Thread 2nd page not visible

Hi, I am not able to see second page of my last post, giving me message database corrupted. Please check. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
7 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Content of posts aren't visible - only subject

Let's see if this works here. (Except I can't post a URL ...) I posted the thread above and you can't see content, only the subject title. Moderator Don Cragun replied to the post in Shell scripting and programming. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dalej
2 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)