Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help on parsing Oracle RMAN output for string and print sections of a file Post 302966531 by MadeInGermany on Saturday 13th of February 2016 03:37:43 AM
Old 02-13-2016
The following does not print if there is a 0 word in the (3 lines) block
Code:
sed -n '
/Marked Corrupt/{
N;N
/[[:blank:]]0[[:blank:]]/!p
}' rman_list_validate.txt

I hope your sed version unterstands the [:blank:] character set.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing file, yaml file? Extracting specific sections

Here is a data file, which I believe is in YAML. I am trying to retrieve just the 'addon_domains" section, which doesnt seem to be as easy as I had originally thought. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!! I have been trying to do this in awk and mostly bash scripting instead of perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Running RMAN backups from grid control but using oracle account with rsa keys vs a password ?

I'm a sysadmin trying to help out one of our DBA's setup the RMAN backups (Oracle 11g on rhel5 ) so they can schedule and control them from the OEM grid control. But we want the oracle user to use ssh keys instead of a password. I have the working rsa keys in place for the user but the GUI seems to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samael00
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of multiple files and print those unique string from File1 in an output file.

Hi, I have multiple files that each contain one column of strings: File1: 123abc 456def 789ghi File2: 123abc 456def 891jkl File3: 234mno 123abc 456def In total I have 25 of these type of file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help/advice parsing Oracle tnsping output

Hi, tnsping is an Oracle tool that is sort of like a ping command. Unfortunately it does not come with a tool that can be used to parse its output which is very frustrating. Example output of tnsping are as below: $: tnsping testp1 TNS Ping Utility for Solaris: Version 11.2.0.2.0 -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of disc group to kick off Oracle RMAN backup

Hi guys, i need a small help. I was writing an automation script for import utility of oracle datapump. I am getting stuck in one part of the shell script where i am doing a grep on one of the filesystem and if it is above threshold then it would kick off an oracle RMAN backup. Fyi. i am grepping... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sub
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get/print host string only from tnsping output?

Hello All, I am using Linux OS. My idea is get the host name when we do tnsping in oracle. output of : tnsping DOELO01 TNS Ping Utility for Linux: Version 11.2.0.3.0 - Production on 15-OCT-2015 20:20:05 Copyright (c) 1997, 2011, Oracle. All rights reserved. Used parameter files:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies
POD2USAGE(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      POD2USAGE(1)

NAME
pod2usage - print usage messages from embedded pod docs in files SYNOPSIS
pod2usage [-help] [-man] [-exit exitval] [-output outfile] [-verbose level] [-pathlist dirlist] file OPTIONS AND ARGUMENTS
-help Print a brief help message and exit. -man Print this command's manual page and exit. -exit exitval The exit status value to return. -output outfile The output file to print to. If the special names "-" or ">&1" or ">&STDOUT" are used then standard output is used. If ">&2" or ">&STDERR" is used then standard error is used. -verbose level The desired level of verbosity to use: 1 : print SYNOPSIS only 2 : print SYNOPSIS sections and any OPTIONS/ARGUMENTS sections 3 : print the entire manpage (similar to running pod2text) -pathlist dirlist Specifies one or more directories to search for the input file if it was not supplied with an absolute path. Each directory path in the given list should be separated by a ':' on Unix (';' on MSWin32 and DOS). file The pathname of a file containing pod documentation to be output in usage message format (defaults to standard input). DESCRIPTION
pod2usage will read the given input file looking for pod documentation and will print the corresponding usage message. If no input file is specified then standard input is read. pod2usage invokes the pod2usage() function in the Pod::Usage module. Please see "pod2usage()" in Pod::Usage. SEE ALSO
Pod::Usage, pod2text(1) AUTHOR
Please report bugs using <http://rt.cpan.org>. Brad Appleton <bradapp@enteract.com> Based on code for pod2text(1) written by Tom Christiansen <tchrist@mox.perl.com> perl v5.12.4 2013-03-18 POD2USAGE(1)