Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another Post 302966453 by cozzin on Friday 12th of February 2016 04:24:30 AM
Old 02-12-2016
So, I would like to update my XML file (Update.xml) with the data from file2. For the first line of file2, I will have to update the existing XML: instead of "765101293" i'll put the first line of file2 > 765003448. Then I'll move the xml somewhere else, and then I'll pass to the next line on file2. Repeat the process for all lines of file2. The two variables $1 and $2 I used when I run my script like this: ./script.sh file2 Update.xml. Hope this makes a bit more sense.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace string in XML with sed

Greetings, I have an XML : file.xml <component> <name>abcd</name> <value>1234</value> </component> I am using sed to replace abcd with the desired value dynamically without knowing the actual value. sed 's/<name>./]\{1,\}<\/name>/<name>ijkl<\/name>/' file.xml > newfile.xml I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a string in file with a string in a variable that contains spaces

Hi, i call my shell like: my_shell "my project name" my script: #!/bin/bash -vx projectname=$1 sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ='/'PROJECT_NAME = '$projectname/ <test_config_doxy >temp cp temp test_config_doxy the following error occurres: sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivelafete
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a certain string in a file and replace it with a value from another file using sed/awk?

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum and new to sed/awk programming too !! I need to find particular string in file1(text file) and replace it with a value from another text file(file2) the file2 has only one line and the value to be replaced with is in the second column. file 1: (assert (=... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
21 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a single line/string in file with multiple lines (string) from another file??

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: Say file1.txt contains: today is monday the 22 of NOVEMBER 2010 and file2.txt contains: the 11th month of How do i replace the word NOVEMBER with (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuathan
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to replace a value in a certain line containing a string

hi experts , I have an input like following. R sfst 1000.0000 $ new time step for mass scaled calculation R dt2ms -4.000E-7 $ friction value for blank R mue ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamnsan
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to replace a value in a certain line from another file containing a string

Hi experts, In my text file I have the following alot of lines like below. input.k is as follows. 2684717 -194.7050476 64.2345581 150.6500092 0 0 2684718 -213.1575623 62.7032242 150.6500092 0 0 *INCLUDE $# filename... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamnsan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string in a xml file

Hello, I have below xml file, I want to find line default-value and replace the string within quotes followed by default-value "moni/Websphere/". Replace moni/Websphere/ with monitor/AMQ/ <monitor> <name>WebsphereMqMonitor</name> <type>managed</type> <argument... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string of a file with a string of another file for matches using grep,sed,awk

I have a file comp.pkglist which mention package version and release . In 'version change' and 'release change' line there are two versions 'old' and 'new' Version Change: --> Release Change: --> cat comp.pkglist Package list: nss-util-devel-3.28.4-1.el6_9.x86_64 Version Change: 3.28.4 -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
crm_diff original_xml operation [options] DESCRIPTION
crm_diff - A utility for comparing Pacemaker configurations (XML format) The tool produces a custom (diff-like) output which it can also apply like a patch OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output Original XML: -o, --original=value XML is contained in the named file -O, --original-string=value XML is contained in the supplied string Operation: -n, --new=value Compare the original XML to the contents of the named file -N, --new-string=value Compare the original XML to the contents of the supplied string -p, --patch=value Patch the original XML with the contents of the named file Additional Options: -c, --cib Compare/patch the inputs as a CIB (includes versions details) -f, --filter Suppress irrelevant differences between the two inputs EXAMPLES
Obtain the two different configuration files by running cibadmin on the two cluster setups to compare: # cibadmin --query > cib-old.xml # cibadmin --query > cib-new.xml Calculate and save the difference between the two files: # crm_diff --original cib-old.xml --new cib-new.xml > patch.xml Apply the patch to the original file: # crm_diff --original cib-old.xml --patch patch.xml > updated.xml Apply the patch to the running cluster: # cibadmin --patch patch.xml AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.7 April 2012 PACEMAKER(8)