Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert text between exact matching patterns to Title case Post 302966412 by Don Cragun on Thursday 11th of February 2016 04:37:16 PM
Old 02-11-2016
Will your input ever contain the string title=">PATTERN1 without a matching string PATTERN2 on the same line, such as one of the following?:
Code:
title=">PATTERN1 Tokyo City whatever whatever title=">PATTERN1 London PATTERN2 whatever whatever

or:
Code:
title=">PATTERN1 Tokyo City PATTERN2 whatever whatever title=">PATTERN1 London whatever whatever.

This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to convert to Title case

I need a shell script which will convert the given string to Title case. E.g "hi man" to "Hi man" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankarV
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert value in a variable from upper case to lower case

Hi, I have a variable $Ctrcd which contains country names in upper case and i want to convert them into lower case. I have tried so many solutions from already existing threads but couldn't get the correct one. Can anybody help me with this..... Thanks a lot.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmeet
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert upper case to lower case in ascript

I have a package to install and the installation script which does it . The files/directories names in the script are all lower case but the actual package has everything in upper case - file names, directories . I don't want to rename directories and files in the package - it has a lot of them . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vz6zz8
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Convert Upper case to Lower case

Hi All I have a script which extracts values from a Database (A persons name) and puts it into a variable in my script IE: $NAME However the Value in the DB is all in uppercase and contains the users first name and last name EG: > echo $NAME GRAHAM BOYLE > What I need is only the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grahambo2005
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Title Case after apostrophe

I've got: $string =~ s/(\w+)/\u\L$1/g; Which capitalizes each word in the string. The problem is if I have a string with an apostrophe the first letter after it gets capitalized as well. So Bob's becomes Bob'S. Thanks for any quick fixes! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjmtaiwan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching and replacing text with case transformations

Hi, I am trying to edit an XML file automatically but my regex and shell script knowledge is very limited. I would appreciate your help fellows. The XML file has this structure: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <map map_file="maps/world.swf" zoom="350%" zoom_x="-115%"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boonymagique
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert Lower case to Upper Case

There is a script where we pass the parameter in lower case: say: . ./scriptName pArameter #!/bin/ksh echo "`date` Entering $0 Reloading the $1 table " mname1=$1 (code to login MYSQL Database) Truncate table $mname1; exit ! Since now there is a limitaion of MYSQL that it accept... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambarginni
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to convert words to Title case

Hi :) I have a .txt file with thousands of words. I was wondering if i could use a simple sed or awk command to convert / replace all words in the text file to Title Case format ? Example: from: this is line one this is line two this is line three to desired output: This Is Line... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need to convert bi-lingual files in sub-title format

I have a large number of files in the standard subtitle format with the additional proviso that the files are bi-lingual i.e. English and a second language: in this case Hindi. A small sample is given below: 00 04 07 08 00 04 11 00 I mean very high fever... He even vomited. 00 04 07 08 00... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text to lower case except the strings within single quotes

Shell : bash that comes with RHEL 6.7 I have SQL scripts like below. I want to convert all the text in these files to lower case except the strings enclosed within single quotes . Any idea how I can achieve this ? Sample text: $ cat sample.txt SELECT ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
6 Replies
pbmtopsg3(29 June 2001)                                                                                                    pbmtopsg3(29 June 2001)

NAME
pbmtopsg3 - convert PBM images to Postscript with G3 fax compression SYNOPSIS
pbmtopsg3 [--title=title] [--dpi=dpi] [filespec] DESCRIPTION
Converts the PBM images in the input PBM file to pages in a Postscript file encoded with G3 fax compression. If you don't specify filespec, the input is from Standard Input. Remember that you can create a multi-image PBM file simply by concatenating single-image PBM files, so if each page is in a different file, you might do: cat faxpage* | pbmtopsg3 >fax.ps OPTIONS
-title The Postscript title value. Default is no title. -dpi The resolution of the Postscript output. Default is 72 dpi. SEE ALSO
pnmtops(1), pstopnm(1), gs(1), pstopnm(1), pbmtolps(1), pbmtoepsi(1), pbmtog3(1), g3topbm(1), pbm(5) pbmtopsg3(29 June 2001)