Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Quiz help!
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Quiz help! Post 302966363 by julianpeters on Thursday 11th of February 2016 06:52:50 AM
Old 02-11-2016
Question Quiz help!

Hello, I'm new to Unix and need help answering these questions if possible, thanks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In a shell script, which command could be place at the end of a command line to combine stderr and stdout into the stdout stream for further manipulation?
2>>1&
2>&1
&1>2
None of the above
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is the correct syntax to copy the file /home/newton/scripts/logger.ksh to the directory /testing/scripts/
assuming you are currently in neither of these directories?
cp /home/newton/scripts/logger.ksh /testing/scripts
cp /home/scripts/logger.ksh /testing/scripts/logger.ksh
mv /home/newton/scripts/logger.ksh /testing/scripts
mv home/newton/scripts/logger.ksh /testing/scripts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run the following UNIX command:
echo "x">a; echo "y">>a; tail -1 a
Choose the correct output from the answers below
1. x
2. y
3. x
y
4. xy
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run the following UNIX command:
echo "x">a; echo "y">>a; sort -r a
Choose the correct output from the answers below
1. x
2. y
3. x
y
4. xy
Which unix shell command displays the contents of the abc.txt file to standard output interactively (stopping after each page of output)?
abc.txt
cat abc.txt
edit abc.txt
more abc.txt
Which shell command sequence can be used to transfer files to a remote server from the local directory?
1) ftp
2) mv
3) put
4) wget
a1
b1
c1
Which of the following UNIX shell command sequences produces the output "c1" (list all the apply):
a) grep "1" abc.txt
b) grep "c" abc.txt
c) grep "c1" abc.txt
d) cat abc.txt | grep "c2"
e) cat abc.txt > grep "c"

1. b) grep "c" abc.txt
c) grep "c1" abc.txt
2. a) grep "1" abc.txt
c) grep "c1" abc.txt
3. b) grep "c" abc.txt
c) grep "c1" abc.txt
4. c) grep "c1" abc.txt
Which UNIX shell command displays the lines of the abc.txt file that match the string XYZ?
1) find XYZ abc.txt
2) find -XYZ abc.txt
3) grep -XYZ abc.txt
4) grep XYZ abc.txt
a1
b1
c1
Which of the following UNIX shell command sequences produces the output "c1" (list all the apply):
a) grep "1" abc.txt
b) grep "c" abc.txt
c) grep "c1" abc.txt
d) cat abc.txt | grep "c"

1. b) grep "c" abc.txt
c) grep "c1" abc.txt
2. a) grep "1" abc.txt
c) grep "c1" abc.txt
3. b) grep "c" abc.txt
c) grep "c1" abc.txt
4. c) grep "c1" abc.txt

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question for school quiz

I have these questions for my unix class that I can't figure out because I missed a couple of days. They are for a quiz we took last week so by answering the questions you are not bettering my grade or doing my homework. I just want to understand was the answers. My teacher is really bad at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djeung
1 Replies

2. Programming

C Programming Quiz

Hey check this out..it's only a 10 question quiz..but it's brain storming. http://mulogic.phpnet.us/drupal I scored 7/10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luv2beuniq
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK quiz

How come every post in this forum is a request for help? How about some fun? What does the following command do? nawk -F'+' ' {i=NF;for(;i;i--)if($i)w++} END{ for(k in w){c=w;x=xk",";if(c>m)m=c} for(;m;m--)if(m in x)print m,x } ' <(man nawk) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
2 Replies

4. AIX

HACMP pop quiz

Hi all, A pop quiz is being organized in my project and I've been appointed as one of the quiz-masters. This is a sample of what we are bringing forth. Feedback is welcome. 1)Name 2 commands used to display cluster state, but doesn't use the clinfoES daemon: a) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: themetalingus
0 Replies