Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find Max value of line and print Post 302966307 by ncwxpanther on Wednesday 10th of February 2016 03:13:50 PM
Old 02-10-2016
Thanks. I got both of these to work.

My first column contains a lot of unnecessary information. Is there a way to space out the fields 1-11, 13-16, 18-19 and 20-27?

Input
Code:
USW00003812Y2016M02TMAXLE32 0    0    1    2    0    0    0    0    0    0    0

Desired output
Code:
USW00003812 201602 TMAXLE32 2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: Find line where column has max vlaue

Hi all, Ive searched the forum but with no luck... I have a file: ID Name Val 1 bob 45 2 joe 89 3 sue 11 4 steve 89 ... etc I want to find a way to print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Find a string and Print full line

Hi Need a perl script to read lines in a file, scan for a string named "APPLE" and write to different file the only lines containing the matched string. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find and print the last word of each line from a text file

Can any one help us in finding the the last word of each line from a text file and print it. eg: 1st --> aaa bbbb cccc dddd eeee ffff ee 2nd --> aab ered er fdf ere ww ww f the o/p should be a below. ee f (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveen_sangam
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk find a string, print the line 2 lines below it

I am parsing a nagios config, searching for a string, and then printing the line 2 lines later (the "members" string). Here's the data: define hostgroup{ hostgroup_name chat-dev alias chat-dev members thisisahostname } define hostgroup{ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mglenney
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string using grep & print the line above or below that.

Hi All, Please tell me how can I Find a string using grep & print the line above or below that in solaris? Please share as I am unable to use grep -A or grep -B as it is not working on Solaris. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaib
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

loop? print max column in each line for 800 files and merge

Hello, I have 800 or so files with 3 columns each and >10000 lines each. For each file and each line I would like to print the maximum column number for each line. Then I would like to 'paste' each of these files together (column-wise) so that the file with expression in label '_1' is the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: peanuts48
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Print a line using a max and a min values of different columns

Hi guys, I already search on the forum but i can't solve this on my own. I have a lot of files like this: And i need to print the line with the maximum value in last column but if the value is the same (2 in this exemple for the 3 last lines) i need get the line with the minimum value in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MetaBolic0
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find 2 expressions then print in a single line

Guys, need help. I have a file that contains something like this: abc def ghi jkl I want to print the first and last line of the file and the output should be in a single line. so, output should be like this: abc jkl (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solidhelix08
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using awk to find max and printing entire line

Hi folks, I am very new to awk. I have what is probably a very simple question. I'm trying to get the max value of column 1, but also print column 2. My data looks like this: 0.044|2000-02-03 14:00:00 5.23|2000-02-03 05:45:00 5.26|2000-02-03 11:15:00 0|2000-02-01 18:30:00 So in this case... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amandarobe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find line then evaluate text on next line, print when condition is met

Hello, I am looking for a specific situation in a text file. The conditions are, > <CompoundName> InChI=1S/C5H12NO2/c1-5(2)4-8-6(3)7/h5H,4H2,1-3H3/q+1 I am looking for cases where the line "> <CompoundName>" is followed by a line that contains the string "InChI=" without regard to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)