Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hashsums and collisions
Special Forums Cybersecurity Hashsums and collisions Post 302966267 by orange47 on Wednesday 10th of February 2016 08:51:09 AM
Old 02-10-2016
Hashsums and collisions

are collisions less or more likely to occur if you use compressed (ascii) file?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solving the network collisions in Unix box

Hi, Anyone can u give me an idea to clear the network collisions in the unix box(Solaris and Linux)? NIC performance is very low, and it shows collisions, when issuing the command ifconfig -a in the production server. How can i rectify the network collisions in the box. Using netstat and lsof... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthulingaraja
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

Acceptable collisions

Hi All I have a Sun V120 with eri0 NIC set to 10-Half connected to Fa0/0 on a Cisco 2600 (Fa0/0 also set to 10-Half). I am seeing collisions on this link (as expectd with a 10-Half connection) BUT, what is an acceptable rate of collisions for this type of link? FYI, the Sun box is showing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashdem
2 Replies

3. AIX

interface collisions on ethernet nic

Hi, is there any method to check the interface collisions on ethernet NIC in AIX. I know that in Solaris it's netstat -i but I've written that in AIX it doesn't show this. Thanks&regards, p (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pitmod
1 Replies
ZOPEN(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  ZOPEN(3)

NAME
zopen -- compressed stream open function SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> FILE * zopen(const char *path, const char *mode, int bits); DESCRIPTION
The zopen() function opens the compressed file whose name is the string pointed to by path and associates a stream with it. The argument mode points to one of the following one-character strings: ``r'' Open compressed file for reading. The stream is positioned at the beginning of the file. ``w'' Truncate file to zero length or create compressed file for writing. The stream is positioned at the beginning of the file. Any created files will have mode "S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR | S_IRGRP | S_IWGRP | S_IROTH | S_IWOTH" (0666), as modified by the process' umask value (see umask(2)). Files may only be read or written. Seek operations are not allowed. The bits argument, if non-zero, is set to the bits code limit. If zero, the default is 16. See compress(1) for more information. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion zopen() returns a FILE pointer. Otherwise, NULL is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
[EINVAL] The mode or bits arguments specified to zopen() were invalid. [EFTYPE] The compressed file starts with an invalid header, or the compressed file is compressed with more bits than can be handled. The zopen() function may also fail and set errno for any of the errors specified for the routines fopen(3) or funopen(3). SEE ALSO
compress(1), fopen(3), funopen(3) HISTORY
The zopen function first appeared in 4.4BSD. BUGS
The zopen() function may not be portable to systems other than BSD. BSD
June 9, 1993 BSD