Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hashsums and collisions
Special Forums Cybersecurity Hashsums and collisions Post 302966267 by orange47 on Wednesday 10th of February 2016 08:51:09 AM
Old 02-10-2016
Hashsums and collisions

are collisions less or more likely to occur if you use compressed (ascii) file?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solving the network collisions in Unix box

Hi, Anyone can u give me an idea to clear the network collisions in the unix box(Solaris and Linux)? NIC performance is very low, and it shows collisions, when issuing the command ifconfig -a in the production server. How can i rectify the network collisions in the box. Using netstat and lsof... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthulingaraja
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

Acceptable collisions

Hi All I have a Sun V120 with eri0 NIC set to 10-Half connected to Fa0/0 on a Cisco 2600 (Fa0/0 also set to 10-Half). I am seeing collisions on this link (as expectd with a 10-Half connection) BUT, what is an acceptable rate of collisions for this type of link? FYI, the Sun box is showing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashdem
2 Replies

3. AIX

interface collisions on ethernet nic

Hi, is there any method to check the interface collisions on ethernet NIC in AIX. I know that in Solaris it's netstat -i but I've written that in AIX it doesn't show this. Thanks&regards, p (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pitmod
1 Replies
ifdata(1)																 ifdata(1)

NAME
ifdata - get network interface info without parsing ifconfig output SYNOPSIS
ifdata [options] {iface} DESCRIPTION
ifdata can be used to check for the existence of a network interface, or to get information abut the interface, such as its IP address. Un- like ifconfig or ip, ifdata has simple to parse output that is designed to be easily used by a shell script. OPTIONS
-h Print out a help summary. -e Test to see if the interface exists, exit nonzero if it does not. -p Prints out the whole configuration of the interface. -pe Prints "yes" or "no" if the interface exists or not. -pa Prints the IPv4 address of the interface. -pn Prints the netmask of the interface. -pN Prints the network address of the interface. -pb Prints the broadcast address of the interface. -pm Prints the MTU of the interface. Following options are Linux only. -ph Prints the hardware address of the interface. -pf Prints the flags of the interface. -si Prints out all the input statistics of the interface. -sip Prints the number of input packets. -sib Prints the number of input bytes. -sie Prints the number of input errors. -sid Prints the number of dropped input packets. -sif Prints the number of input fifo overruns. -sic Print the number of compressed input packets. -sim Prints the number of input multicast packets. -so Prints out all the output statistics of the interface. -sop Prints the number of output packets. -sob Prints the number of output bytes. -soe Prints the number of output errors. -sod Prints the number of dropped output packets. -sof Prints the number of output fifo overruns. -sox Print the number of output collisions. -soc Prints the number of output carrier losses. -som Prints the number of output multicast packets. -bips Prints the number of bytes of incoming traffic measured in one second. -bops Prints the number of bytes of outgoing traffic measured in one second. AUTHOR
Benjamin BAYART 2006-03-07 ifdata(1)