Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: JVM Process Name
Operating Systems AIX JVM Process Name Post 302966191 by ocbit on Tuesday 9th of February 2016 08:15:33 AM
Old 02-09-2016
The command returns
Code:
../jre/bin/java -Djetty.home=.. -Djetty.port=xxxx -Djetty.ssl.port=yyyy -Xms100m -Xmx128m -cp ../lib/startAlt.jar org.mortbay.start.Main jettyBrowser.xml

Surely, the JVM process name is not called
Quote:
java
. That's what I meant by
Code:
ps -ef | grep java

not returning a process name.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

heap size for JVM!

Hi all, Thanks 'thehoghunter' and 'hugo' for the comments! I've to increase the size of the heap size for AIX 4.3.3. Now what's the command that I've and also is it something similar to growing the file system in Solaris (growfs) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: i2admin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Instaling JVM

Hi Everyone I`ve just started with unix can some please help me execute this command via webmin on avirtual server or how do you execute such .bin file this is the error ./j2sdk-1_3_1_15-linux-i586.bin: not found > ls -l total 69124 -rw------- 1 root wheel 8380 May 15 18:01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.Carlos MC05
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

inside the JVM

Hi, does anyone know how to find out what's happening inside a JVM on a unix system? Like what processes are running, which ports, memory usage etc. I'm using AIX 5.2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rein
1 Replies

4. AIX

JVM Setting

What should be the idle JVM setting for the LPAR having 16 GB of memory? Currently the JVM setting is set to -Xms1024M -Xmx10240M (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajmani
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX JVM -32 or 64?

Friends, Can any one tell me what command should be used to check whether the JVM in AIX is 32 bit or 64 bit? Thanks, Govindh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Govindh.v
2 Replies

6. AIX

JVM Invocation in AIX 6.1

Hi all, I'm trying to do JVM invocation from C++ in AIX 6.1. So inorder to do that, i'm loading libjvm.a. When i load the libjvm.a from the path where jre is installed (i.e /usr/java5/jre/bin/classic), it loads correctly and the program works correctly. But according to my requirement, the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_ccc
0 Replies

7. Web Development

need help about jvm

hi all i want to install apache and tomcat in unix solaris 10 so i need to konw about heap and jvm memory architecture in jdk version 4 and 5 and 6 i want one help me i searched alot and i can't find something helo me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxim42
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's my JVM bitness?

/apps/wls/bea10/jdk160_05/bin/java -d64 -version execve(): No such file or directory Error trying to exec /apps/wls/bea10/jdk160_05/bin/sparcv9/java. Check if file exists and permissions are set correctly. Failed to start a 64-bit JVM process from a 32-bit JVM. Verify all necessary J2SE... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

JVM Memory

Hi all, I am starting a JVM in unix and when I use ps command on the pid of process starting JVM the output is something like this :- java -Xms32M -Xmx64M -Xmx128M I need to know what would be the value of Xmx in this case. And how to check that this value be picked while starting JVM... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj999
3 Replies
MAVEN(1)							   User Commands							  MAVEN(1)

NAME
Maven - Creates a link in /usr/share/maven-repo for an existing jar. SYNOPSIS
mh_linkjar [option]... [pom] [dest_jar] [link]... DESCRIPTION
Create symlinks for a jar installed by other means. The symlinks created include links to the jar in /usr/share/maven-repo, at the correct location for Maven. It can also create additional links to the jar, usually located in /usr/share/java. Where [pom] is the location of the POM associated with the jar to install. GroupId, artifactId and version will be extracted from this file. [dest_jar] is the path of the installed jar, usually located in the usr/share/java folder. [link] is an additional link to the jar to install, usually there should be a link to usr/share/java/$jar.jar and usr/share/java/$jar-$version.jar to comply with the Java packaging guidelines. Note that there is no need to specify those particular links if the --java-lib option is used. OPTIONS
-h --help: show this text -V --version: show the version -p<package> --package=<package>: name of the Debian package which will contain this jar file -e<version>, --set-version=<version>: set the version for the jar, do not use the version declared in the POM file. -r<rules> --rules=<rules>: path to the file containing the rules to apply when cleaning the POM. Optional, the default location is debian/maven.rules Maven rules are used here to extract the groupId, artifactId and version from the POM file. -l --java-lib: Optional, if given it will install the jar into /usr/share/java to comply with the Debian Java specification. The jar will be installed as /usr/share/java/$name-$version.jar and a versionless link /usr/share/java/$name.jar will point to it, as well as the links installed in /usr/share/maven-repo -n<name> --usj-name=<name>: Optional, the name to use when installing the library in /usr/share/java when --java-lib is used. Defaults to the artifact id found in the POM. -j<version> --usj-version=<version>: Optional, the version to use when installing the library in /usr/share/java when --java-lib is used. Defaults to the version found in the POM. -s --no-usj-versionless: Optional, don't install the versionless link in /usr/share/java. This flag is used only when the -l or --java-lib option is given. -c<classifier> --classifier=<classifier>: Optional, the classifier for the jar. Empty by default. -v --verbose: show more information while running -n --no-act: don't actually do anything, just print the results --skip-clean-pom: don't clean the pom, assume that a previous action ran mh_cleanpom with the correct options. mh_cleanpom is run only to extract the groupId, artifactId and version of the jar Maven Repo Helper version 1.7.1 January 2012 MAVEN(1)