Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mounting NFS
Operating Systems Solaris Mounting NFS Post 302966114 by br1an on Monday 8th of February 2016 09:17:50 AM
Old 02-08-2016
Thanks DukeNu
Code:
which mount

was showing
Code:
 which mount
/opt/VRTS/bin//mount

I gave it the correct path and it worked.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Mounting an NFS drive in OSX 10.3

Hi all ! I am looking for a command in the terminal or GUI to mount an NFS drive. Second , is there any solution to get rid of / " * in old files names I know it can be done i just dont know how ! Hope that some one can help Best R. Yovel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoveln
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Write permisson in NFS mounting

Hi all i have done set up for nfs. at server <dir> <client IP>/<netmask>(rw,sync) at client mount -o rw -nfs <server IP>:<dir1><dir2> with this i am successful in mounting the directory with write permission. But the write permission is not activate in client machine for the file which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhakti
5 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 8 NFS mounting problem

While mounting nfs file system I get the following error . # mount -F nfs jewelex:/back2 /oback2 nfs mount: jewelex:/back2: Permission denied Following is the permission for oback2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root other 512 Apr 9 18:39 oback2 Directory permission on jewelex server is ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
4 Replies

4. Linux

NFS not mounting during kickstart

Hi, Re-building linux server from a kickstart image on cdrom. We have a kickstart server. the cdrom contacins the kickstart ks.cfg file and does a NFS mount from an IP to load the iso images and other files needed during the kickstart (re-build) Now for some reason the kickstart stops and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
2 Replies

5. Solaris

problem NFS mounting onto Solaris 10

On my Solaris 10 server, I want to share out the directory /export/home/data, so in the /etc/dfs/dfstab file, I have this line: share -F nfs -o rw /export/home/data In the /etc/hosts.equiv file, I have this: + When I do a "ps -ef" command, I see that the "nfsd' daemon is started. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: serendipity1276
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Problem Mounting NFS share

I have one machine "The server" ip: 192.168.1.1, it runs ubu 8.04(LTS) and - I have a folder (/shareme) that I want to share with other linux machines on my LAN. - The server runs NFS server and common and portmap and so do the other machines on my LAN. - The server has the export file with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fcron
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help mounting nfs on boot on Solaris 11

Hello, I am looking for some assistance in mounting an nfs drive on boot, on a Solaris 11 machine. On my Solaris 9/10 machines, I have an entry for my nfs mount in /etc/vfstab, however when I add the same entry to my vfstab on Solaris 11, the drive will not mount on boot. After booting up, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting NFS filesystem

Hi All, I need to mount an nfs filesystem as below. xxx.xx.xx.xxx:/media/nss/Rocky Catherine/logs For the above as there is space in between the name, hoping it will not mount, if i give it with double quotes as below will it work? mount "xxx.xx.xx.xxx:/media/nss/Rocky... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

NFS mounting from client pc

The server ip is 10.2.2.24. I have installed nfs-utils package the i have edited /etc/exports i have added the following line /home 10.2.2.0/24(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_all_squash) i have saved, i have started the nfs service, then i am trying to mount nfs sharing from client machine using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ainstin
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

NFS mounting issue

The server ip is 10.2.2.24. I have installed nfs-utils package the i have edited /etc/exports i have added the following line /home 10.2.2.0/24(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_all_squash) i have saved, i have started the nfs service, then i am trying to mount nfs sharing from client machine using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ainstin
5 Replies
VFS_HOOKS(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					      VFS_HOOKS(9)

NAME
vfs_hooks, vfs_hooks_unmount -- VFS hooks interface SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/mount.h> void vfs_hooks_unmount(struct mount *mp); DESCRIPTION
The VFS hooks interface provides a way for different kernel subsystems to attach custom functions to specific VFS operations. This enforces code separation by keeping the VFS's core sources uncluttered and makes all subsystem functionality reside in a single place. As an example, this interface is used by the NFS server code to automatically handle the exports list for each mount point. Hooks are described by a struct vfs_hooks object, as seen below: struct vfs_hooks { int (*vh_unmount)(struct mount *); }; For simplicity, each field is named after the VFS operation it refers to. The purpose of each member function, alongside some important notes, is shown below: vh_unmount(mp) This hook is executed during the unmount process of a file system. For more information about the purpose of each operation, see vfsops(9). Note that any of these fields may be a null pointer. After the definition of a struct vfs_hooks object, the kernel has to add it to the vfs_hooks link set using the VFS_HOOKS_ATTACH(struct vfs_hooks *) macro. Please note that this interface is incomplete on purpose to keep it in its smallest possible size (i.e., do not provide a hook that is not used). If you feel the need to hook a routine to a VFS operation that is not yet supported by this interface, just add it to the files described in CODE REFERENCES. FUNCTIONS
The following functions are provided to the VFS code to run the hooked functions: vfs_hooks_unmount(mp) Runs all hooks for the VFS unmount operation. Given that these operations shall not fail, it returns void. CODE REFERENCES
The VFS hooks interface is implemented within the files sys/kern/vfs_hooks.c and sys/sys/mount.h. SEE ALSO
intro(9), vfs(9), vfsops(9) HISTORY
The VFS hooks interface appeared in NetBSD 4.0. BSD
September 23, 2005 BSD