Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Convert Txt file to HTML table and email Post 302965929 by hitmanjd on Thursday 4th of February 2016 06:05:22 PM
Old 02-04-2016
Convert Txt file to HTML table and email

Hi all

I need help converting a text file into a html table in bash and I need to email this table. The text file looks like the below. Two columns with multiple rows. Top row being header.

Code:
Application Name      Application Status
Application 1              Open
Application 2              Open
Application 3              Closed
Application 4              Open

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Don Cragun; 02-04-2016 at 09:12 PM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format txt file as html table

I have a short time to solve a problem, so I need some help. I've searched the forum, but I couldn't find a solution to my problem. I made a script to filter some text and now I have a new requirement to make it available as html table. Problem is that I more than one files with different set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tetreb
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to convert text file to html table using perl

Hi, I have a text file say file1 having data like ABC c:/hm/new1 Dir DEF d:/ner/d sd ...... So i want to make a table from this text file, is it possible to do it using perl. Thanks in advance Sarbjit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script output txt file to html table

Hi, I have script which generates the output as below: Jobname Date Time Status abc 12/9/11 17:00 Completed xyz 13/9/11 21:00 Running I have the output as a text file. I need to convert it into a HTML Table and sent it thru email ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: a12ka4
6 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt (How to format message.txt for html email)

ssmtp has been running well under Kubuntu 12.04.1 for plain text messages. I would like to send html messages with ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt, but I cannot seem to get the message.txt file properly formatted. I have tried various charsets, Content-Transfer-Encoding, rearranging the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronald B
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to convert output.txt into html file

I have output.txt file generated through shell scripts which need convert in tabular format using html can you please help me output.txt Token State Date1 Date2 Description Name 34567 open 27/06/13 28/06/13 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_rajni
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query output convert to HTML & send as email body

Hi , I have a sql query in the unix script ,whose output is shown below.I want to convert this output to HTML table format & send email from unix with this table as email body. p_id src_system amount 1 A 100 2 B 200 3 C ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeeshn04
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML table in email body using C Shell

I am using Sun Solaris ver. 5.10 and trying to send an HTML table in email body using mail command in C shell script. I tried following commands:- #1 mail -m "MIME-Version: 1.0;Content-type:text/html;charset=UTF-8" receiver@mail.com < file.html #2 mail -m "Content-type: text/html;" -s "This... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding guidance related to HTML table in email body

Hello All, I have a query here. I am sending an HTML table(which I am creating it by a call to REST API, in a LINUX box) and from there I have to send it into an email. So following are the poins on same: As data is not static so it is writing Dynamic data and creating HTML file. There is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script output txt file to html table

My concnern related to the post -Convert shell script output txt file to html table, in this how to print the heading as color. awk 'BEGIN{print "<table>"} {print "<tr>";for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)print "<td>" $i"</td>";print "</tr>"} END{print "</table>"}' <filename> (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarajobmai
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Postgre Query results as Email HTML table

Hello, I'm trying to send email from Greenplum query results as HTML table with status Red/Green Select Server, Last_Date from Table; Results Server, Last_Date Prod, 2018-04-09 Final email Output in HTML format Server Status LastDate Prod GREEN(BOX) 2018-04-09 (if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
2 Replies
CGI::Application::Plugin::DebugScreen(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		CGI::Application::Plugin::DebugScreen(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Application::Plugin::DebugScreen - add Debug support to CGI::Application. VERSION
This documentation refers to CGI::Application::Plugin::DebugScreen version 1.00 SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Application::Plugin::DebugScreen; That is it! The fun starts when a run mode calls "die". DESCRIPTION
This plug-in adds stack tracing support to CGI::Application similar in style to the Catalyst debug mode. In the event of the module calling "die", a stack trace of the error is displayed. At each level of the stack links to the code and documentation are provided. The stack trace functionality is deactivated unless the $ENV{CGI_APP_DEBUG} environment variable is set. Therefore when your code is released, this plug-in does not need to be removed. The links links to code and documentation are implemented using CGI::Application::Plugin::ViewCode, which will be loaded automatically if available. However these links are not supported in conjunction with CGI::Application::Dispatch. DEPENDENCIES
strict warnings CGI::Application HTML::Template Devel::StackTrace IO::File CGI::Application::Plugin::ViewCode UNIVERSAL::require BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
There are no known bugs in this module. Please report problems to Atsushi Kobayashi (<nekokak@cpan.org>) Patches are welcome. SEE ALSO
CGI::Application::Plugin::ViewCode Sledge::Plugin::DebugScreen CGI::Carp::DebugScreen Catalyst::Plugin::StackTrace Thanks To MATSUNO Tokuhiro (MATSUNO) Koichi Taniguchi (TANIGUCHI) Masahiro Nagano (KAZEBURO) Tomoyuki Misonou AUTHOR
Atsushi Kobayashi, <nekokak@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 by Atsushi Kobayashi (<nekokak@cpan.org>). All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. perl v5.12.3 2011-06-26 CGI::Application::Plugin::DebugScreen(3pm)