Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Regarding guidance to learn *NIX more and more Post 302965891 by wisecracker on Thursday 4th of February 2016 05:53:46 AM
Old 02-04-2016
Hi RavinderSingh13...

Nice idea(s)...

I am one of those non-professionals that have written some short simple _apps_, 'reminder' and 'bigtime' in the OSX forum are but just two.

However my serious attempt at an _app_ is 'AudioScope.sh' and it would be nice to have it in a sub-forum of 'User _Apps_' where the turnover will be low as opposed to the main shell scripting forum that has an enormous throughput.

As it stands, apart from finishing the circuits and calibration methods this app is fully functional. However I am adding subtleties like ALTDC of which the VCO method is already catered for, but these are NOT needed for its original concept...

SO I am in favour of a sub-forum for people like me, and there are a lot of us, to give their bit...
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

*nix Desktops

Yeah, we all know where to find screenshots of Unix and Linux, but it would be awesome to see some of your *nix screenshots. Okay.. to explain: This is my KDE desktop on Yellow Dog Linux. I changed the background recently to a Commodore 64 theme (pretty cool) and no longer is the Konstruct Konsole... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnerd
25 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for something like Citrix for *nix

Hi, I don't mean the client.... I mean the server - I have the client to connect to a windows citrix server already. The next best thing I can use at present is VNC (I only want remote desktop, not application sharing specifically). The thing with VNC is that when you go on you are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: d11wtq
3 Replies

3. AIX

NIM Guidance

I've just started to explore NIM and I'm looking for additional information on how to set it up and configure it. I've read through the "NIM A-Z" and have many unanswered questions. One question is how can I have the NIM server pull a mksysb of the clients and can I schedule this to happen... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottsl
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Career Guidance

Hi, I am a newbie to Unix, I was introduced to UNIX 8 months back during my Training, I was attracted to Unix as they give complete freedom. I would like to ask how can a OS Admin can go into development field of Unix. Currently I am working in a MNC in Backup- Storage Admin Domain I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sufi_431
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A little guidance needed :)

Hi guys, I'm learning the ropes of BASH and am doing a few exercises to see if its sinking in but have gotten stuck on something I KNOW is looking at me right in the face but just isn't registering. I'm creating a script that needs to get specific strings from a line. So using the "ls -l... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadow0001
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Which is the most secure *nix?

Which is the most secure *nix for home business/ office use? Would have to be fairly well up to date browser and drivers wise. Myself I seem to have settled on RedHat - I've trialled the Desktop, and am part-way through a server trial. I've essentially not managed to keep the browser as secure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
2 Replies

7. AIX

Need guidance on VMStat

I need some guidance on the differences in observations, not sure how significantly different are they. Also, It would be nice to hear on the values and what the obvious tuning for performance missing. Observation 1 ending vmstat -v 3948544 memory pages ending vmstat -v ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Snipper
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Just need some guidance on this nawk

Hi, I am trying to debug some KSH script and it has the nawk portion below. I just want to confirm whether I understand what it does correctly. Example usage of the nawk line is run as below: nawk '/^#/ {next} $1~/^'testp.cfg'$|^'testp.cfg'\.testdb\.com\.ph$/ { c=0 while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Some guidance on scripting

Hey All, I am newbie on scripting and need some guidance from all the experts here. I am working on one project where I will check the status/health of around ten (10) solaris 10 servers. I have one central server from where I have already setup the passwordless SFTP and setup the cron... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: supercops
1 Replies

10. AIX

New to AIX. Need Guidance

Hi There, I am new to AIX. I am eager to learn the AIX System administration or if there is any other prerequisite before this. Please can anyone help me or guide how to start with AIX, what all courses and certifications do I need to do. I have basic knowledge of UNIX. Please guide as I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulat302
3 Replies
Encode::Arabic::ArabTeX::Verbatim(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    Encode::Arabic::ArabTeX::Verbatim(3pm)

NAME
Encode::Arabic::ArabTeX::Verbatim - Interpreter of the Verbatim variant of the ArabTeX notation REVISION
$Revision: 717 $ $Date: 2008-10-03 00:28:12 +0200 (Fri, 03 Oct 2008) $ SYNOPSIS
use Encode::Arabic::ArabTeX::Verbatim; # imports just like 'use Encode' would, plus extended options while ($line = <>) { # maps the ArabTeX notation for Arabic into the Arabic script print encode 'utf8', decode 'arabtex-verb', $line; # 'ArabTeX-Verbatim' alias 'ArabTeX-Verb' } # ArabTeX language-dependent transliteration <--> ArabTeX verbatim transliteration $string = decode 'ArabTeX-Verbatim', $octets; $octets = encode 'ArabTeX-Verbatim', $string; DESCRIPTION
ArabTeX is an excellent extension to TeX/LaTeX designed for typesetting the right-to-left scripts of the Orient. It comes up with very intuitive and comprehensible lower ASCII transliterations, the expressive power of which is even better than that of the scripts. Encode::Arabic::ArabTeX::Verbatim implements the rules needed for proper interpretation of the ArabTeX verbatim notation, which is discussed in the ArabTeX User Manual. The conversion ifself is done by Encode::Mapper, and the user interface is built on the Encode::Encoding module. Relevant guidance is given in Encode::Arabic::ArabTeX, from which this module inherits. The transformation rules are, however, quite different ;) This work is presented in its development version! SEE ALSO
Encode::Arabic::ArabTeX, Encode::Arabic, Encode::Mapper, Encode::Encoding, Encode ArabTeX system <ftp://ftp.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pub/arabtex/arabtex.htm> Klaus Lagally <http://www.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/ifi/bs/people/lagall_e.htm> AUTHOR
Otakar Smrz, <http://ufal.mff.cuni.cz/~smrz/> eval { 'E<lt>' . ( join '.', qw 'otakar smrz' ) . "x40" . ( join '.', qw 'mff cuni cz' ) . 'E<gt>' } Perl is also designed to make the easy jobs not that easy ;) COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2005-2008 by Otakar Smrz This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-01-18 Encode::Arabic::ArabTeX::Verbatim(3pm)