Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Enscript text 2 postscript converter Post 302965866 by jgt on Wednesday 3rd of February 2016 09:12:17 PM
Old 02-03-2016
Enscript text 2 postscript converter

I am trying to create a pdf file starting with a .eps file for the letterhead, and a text file to print on it.
According to the man page the following should work.
Code:
^@epsf /home/aoti/coll07.eps
                             ****** INVOICE ******                   PAGE:  1

where ^@ is a single octal zero character.
Any advise or links to a decent tutorial would be appreciated.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enscript

I'm trying to print a perlscript file from nedit using the enscript command. It reads as follows: enscript -dbigbird -R -G -b"my_perl_script.pl" This is the printer command line when I print from nedit. I also have the language set to perl under preferences. This allows me to view comments... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirzabhai
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enscript

When I am trying to use ENSCRIPT for formatting a file, the output I am getting has prolog statements and I am not getting desired results.. Please help (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: surajemenon
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

change text color in postscript file

Hi everyone, I have a program that produces postscript files on the fly The color of the files produced are in black and white I want to change the text color of postscript file as the file is being produced without having to manually go into the ps file and change it myself. Any Ideas?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: walforum
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

enscript color

Hi, I am converting a text file to ps using enscript. Does anyone know how to print in color? Here is what I tried: enscript -ptemp.ps -G -F Souvenir-DemiItalic20 -f Souvenir-DemiItalic20 -E --color file.txt The color doesn't work Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumbaba
5 Replies

5. AIX

Printing Postscript files through Infoprint Manager to a Postscript printer

Hello, I am runnning Infoprint Manager 4.3 on AIX 5.2 . There is no problem printing AFP files, but I have hit a snag trying to use "AIX DSS" or "Other Printer" actual destinations to send unconverted Postscript files to native Postscript printers. The files are big, and they print correctly,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahetzel
0 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Best text to pdf converter for UNIX hp/ux 11.31

Hi, Can anyone tell me the best text to pdf converter? I need to convert several text files to pdf. :)I'm looking to evaluate any products before I purchase. thanks, Linda (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lnemitz
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Best text to pdf converter for Hp/UX 11.31

Hi, Can anyone tell me the best converter I can use to convert text to pdf for HP/UX 11.31? Thanks, Linda (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnemitz
0 Replies
latex2png(1)						      General Commands Manual						      latex2png(1)

NAME
latex2rtf - Convert a LaTeX file to a PNG image SYNTAX
latex2png [-hk] [ -H home_directory ] [ -d dots_per_inch ] [ inputfile ] DESCRIPTION
The latex2png command converts a LaTeX file into a PNG graphic. The first page is translated into an image at the specified resolution. -d dots_per_inch Used to specify the number of dots per inch for the output image. Default is 144 dpi. -h Print a short usage note -k Keep intermediate files (for debugging). -H home_dir Add home_dir to the search path for LaTeX. SEE ALSO
latex2rtf (1). For complete, current documentation, refer to the Info file latex2rtf.info, the PDF file latex2rtf.pdf or the HTML file latex2rtf.html which are made from the TeXInfo source file latex2rtf.texi. LATEX2PNG(1) User LATEX2PNG(1) NAME
latex2png - manual page for latex2png 1.1 DESCRIPTION
latex2png -- Convert a LaTeX file to a PNG image USAGE: latex2png [-d density] [-h] [-k] [-c] [-g] [-m] [-H home dir] file[.tex|.eps] The latex2png command converts a LaTeX file into a PNG image. The first page is translated into an image at the specified resolution. latex2png can also be used to convert encapsulated postscript (EPS) files to PNG images. OPTIONS: -c produce color image -d density density is the number of dots per inch to use in the created image (default 144 dpi) -g produce gray images -h help -H home_dir home_dir is a directory to be included in search path (default is directory that contains the LaTeX file). This is used to create PNG images in another directory (e.g., /tmp) and still allow LaTeX to find files that it needs to include. -k keep intermediate files (for debugging) -m produce monochrome (black and white) image (default) -v version EXAMPLES: latex2png -d 144 /tmp/file #create /tmp/file.png at 144 dpi latex2png file.eps #create file.png latex2png file.tex #create file.png via latex latex2png -H . /tmp/file #search the cwd for image files SEE ALSO
latex2png is a part of latex2rtf and has a special mode to assist in finding the baseline of a latex equation. Documentation for latex2rtf may be found in latex2rtf.info, the PDF file latex2rtf.pdf or the HTML file latex2rtf.html which are made from the TeXInfo source file latex2rtf.texi. latex2png 1.10 November 2002 LATEX2PNG(1)