Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Requesting help for TL1 scripting Post 302965853 by RudiC on Wednesday 3rd of February 2016 04:14:26 PM
Old 02-03-2016
How about
Code:
awk 'match ($0, /TEMPERATURE=[^,]*/) {print substr ($0, RSTART+12, RLENGTH-12)}' file
33C

If happy, redirect to your .csv file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing TL1 commands through script

HI , I have to write a script for some testing , which will telnet to a device and execute some TL1 commands.. Does any one knows how to execute TL1 commands through a script Thanks in advance Binu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msbinu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting input and for loop

Test - Test (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit Sura
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting full back up scripts

hi guys linux noob here wanting to learn linux scripting, i need help with a backup script that not only allows me to back up my files but restore them to my own personal directory, had a look at some of the coding from the scripts section on this site but still lost. any help is much appreciated (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: burnie35
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

requesting available port with shell script

how do I request a new and available local port (TCP) to use with shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmylita
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting help to replace a string by my bash script

Hello every1, I need help to replace a string in a file by my bash script. Find: log4j.appender.toLogFile.layout.ConversionPattern= %d %5p (%F:%L) - %m%n= %d %5p (%F:%L) - %m%n Replace: log4j.appender.toLogFile.layout.ConversionPattern= %d %5p (%F:%L) - %m%n I tried by sed, but kept... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: titanic4u
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting help with shell script

I have been viewing man pages and using google with little luck so far. I am writing a shell script using wbemcli. I can execute the command and get the results I need just fine. ex. wbemcli -nl ein 'http://<username>:<password>@<host>/<targetpc>/root/wmi:MSAcpi_ThermalZoneTemperature' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott Post
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

TL1 connect and login how to using Unix.

Hi All, I'm a newbie here, I'm just wondering how can i connect and login to TL1 using Unix? is it possible? Please advise, THanks, ---------- Post updated at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:09 PM ---------- is there anyone know how to connect and login in TL1 using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to grep the responce on TL1

Hi All, I'm a newbie here.. how can i grep the data when i receive responce from TL1 example: responce from TL1: blabalbalbalbalba.,lbalba,SUCCESFULL,blahblahbalabh... how can i grep the "SUCCESSFULL" while i'm running the script? is it possible? because i'm only to know is if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
2 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Requesting a new forum

Hi admins and moderators!! Happy new year and merry Christmas :D Well, I have been here a few months now as a registered member and may be 6-7 years that I got numerous help directly and indirectly from this site as a guest. Unix.com really has a vast collection of posts on wide variety of... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
15 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

User banned, requesting to revoke the ban.

My username is abhilashnair. I was banned recently for deleting my post. I wish to apologise for disregarding forum rules. I request you to revoke my ban and give me one more chance if possible, i assure you that I will abide by all rules henceforth Since this is really informative forum and rich... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
3 Replies
shell(1F)							   FMLI Commands							 shell(1F)

NAME
shell - run a command using shell SYNOPSIS
shell command [command] ... DESCRIPTION
The shell function concatenate its arguments, separating each by a space, and passes this string to the shell ($SHELL if set, otherwise /usr/bin/sh). EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample output of shell command. Since the Form and Menu Language does not directly support background processing, the shell function can be used instead. `shell "build prog > /dev/null &"` If you want the user to continue to be able to interact with the application while the background job is running, the output of an exe- cutable run by shell in the background must be redirected: to a file if you want to save the output, or to /dev/null if you don't want to save it (or if there is no output), otherwise your application may appear to be hung until the background job finishes processing. shell can also be used to execute a command that has the same name as an FMLI built-in function. NOTES
The arguments to shell will be concatenate using spaces, which may or may not do what is expected. The variables set in local environments will not be expanded by the shell because "local" means "local to the current process." ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 shell(1F)