Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Open a webbrowser link from shell script Post 302965828 by Corona688 on Wednesday 3rd of February 2016 12:27:22 PM
Old 02-03-2016
How to do it depends entirely on the web interface in question. It might be as simple as an HTTP form post, or it might depend on cookies and 9 nested layers of javascript.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (POSIX.1)

Link to the Open Group (UNIX Standards)

Click HERE to learn about The Single UNIX Specification, Version 3 Or: Here is another link to the UNIX IEEE Standard, an Open Group Technical Standard, Issue 7 Keywords UNIX® is a registered trademark of The Open Group (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

open a file in shell script

Hi all How to open a file in a unix shell program. also i want it open for an hour and run independent of other jobs. pls help me solve this issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

needed very good link for Shell script

I am new to shell script.I need a link which explains basic concepts for shell scrpting (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajareddy_24
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to create a link

Hi All, I have a problem to writing a shell script to create a soft link in some other directory For eg: /opt/Shreedhar/Naik is directory now i need to write shell script in the path /opt/Shreedhar/Naik which should create a soft link in /opt/Shreedhar. I have tried to write the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shreedhar Naik
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script -- symbolic link

Hi , pwd -P will give the physical directory name for symbolic names. is there any command to get the value of symbolic link ? if it's symbolic link , I have to get the physical directory name? any ideas to code in shell ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Open Shell Script from X-Manager Console

Dear All, I have a shell script. which has the read, write & execute permissions. I am entering from X-Manager Console. OS Details are: SunOS P382XLRTY 5.9 Generic_118558-34 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R Step1: Double Click on Home Folder, it will be opened. Step2: Double Click on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanu_oracle
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

open a web link from

Hello, I am looking a way on how to add in my sh script a line that once run would visit a web link www.domain.com/something.php?smt=SOMEDATA and close. Thank you, C (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute a shell script from an html link?

I want to execute a shell script when clicking on an html link. I want the output of the script to be shown on the webpage. Whats the best way to achieve this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove the target of the symbol link in a shell script

I have a target directory, there are some files and directories in "target_dir". I have a symbol link: my_link -> <target_dir> The target directory name is NOT known to the script (because it is varying), while the link name is always fixed. In a shell script, how to remove both the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princelinux
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To open a file in shell script.

Hi Guys, I want to open a file in shell script and copy the last file of the line for display. Can anyone help?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karthick N
3 Replies
GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)						    Git Manual							GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)

NAME
git-web--browse - git helper script to launch a web browser SYNOPSIS
git web--browse [OPTIONS] URL/FILE ... DESCRIPTION
This script tries, as much as possible, to display the URLs and FILEs that are passed as arguments, as HTML pages in new tabs on an already opened web browser. The following browsers (or commands) are currently supported: o firefox (this is the default under X Window when not using KDE) o iceweasel o konqueror (this is the default under KDE, see Note about konqueror below) o w3m (this is the default outside graphical environments) o links o lynx o dillo o open (this is the default under Mac OS X GUI) o start (this is the default under MinGW) Custom commands may also be specified. OPTIONS
-b BROWSER, --browser=BROWSER Use the specified BROWSER. It must be in the list of supported browsers. -t BROWSER, --tool=BROWSER Same as above. -c CONF.VAR, --config=CONF.VAR CONF.VAR is looked up in the git config files. If it's set, then its value specify the browser that should be used. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
CONF.VAR (from -c option) and web.browser The web browser can be specified using a configuration variable passed with the -c (or --config) command line option, or the web.browser configuration variable if the former is not used. browser.<tool>.path You can explicitly provide a full path to your preferred browser by setting the configuration variable browser.<tool>.path. For example, you can configure the absolute path to firefox by setting browser.firefox.path. Otherwise, git web--browse assumes the tool is available in PATH. browser.<tool>.cmd When the browser, specified by options or configuration variables, is not among the supported ones, then the corresponding browser.<tool>.cmd configuration variable will be looked up. If this variable exists then git web--browse will treat the specified tool as a custom command and will use a shell eval to run the command with the URLs passed as arguments. NOTE ABOUT KONQUEROR
When konqueror is specified by a command line option or a configuration variable, we launch kfmclient to try to open the HTML man page on an already opened konqueror in a new tab if possible. For consistency, we also try such a trick if browser.konqueror.path is set to something like A_PATH_TO/konqueror. That means we will try to launch A_PATH_TO/kfmclient instead. If you really want to use konqueror, then you can use something like the following: .ft C [web] browser = konq [browser "konq"] cmd = A_PATH_TO/konqueror .ft Note about git-config --global Note that these configuration variables should probably be set using the --global flag, for example like this: .ft C $ git config --global web.browser firefox .ft as they are probably more user specific than repository specific. See git-config(1) for more information about this. AUTHOR
Written by Christian Couder <chriscool@tuxfamily.org[1]> and the git-list <git@vger.kernel.org[2]>, based on git mergetool by Theodore Y. Ts'o. DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Christian Couder <chriscool@tuxfamily.org[1]> and the git-list <git@vger.kernel.org[2]>. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. chriscool@tuxfamily.org mailto:chriscool@tuxfamily.org 2. git@vger.kernel.org mailto:git@vger.kernel.org Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)