Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Open a webbrowser link from shell script Post 302965828 by Corona688 on Wednesday 3rd of February 2016 12:27:22 PM
Old 02-03-2016
How to do it depends entirely on the web interface in question. It might be as simple as an HTTP form post, or it might depend on cookies and 9 nested layers of javascript.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (POSIX.1)

Link to the Open Group (UNIX Standards)

Click HERE to learn about The Single UNIX Specification, Version 3 Or: Here is another link to the UNIX IEEE Standard, an Open Group Technical Standard, Issue 7 Keywords UNIX® is a registered trademark of The Open Group (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

open a file in shell script

Hi all How to open a file in a unix shell program. also i want it open for an hour and run independent of other jobs. pls help me solve this issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

needed very good link for Shell script

I am new to shell script.I need a link which explains basic concepts for shell scrpting (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajareddy_24
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to create a link

Hi All, I have a problem to writing a shell script to create a soft link in some other directory For eg: /opt/Shreedhar/Naik is directory now i need to write shell script in the path /opt/Shreedhar/Naik which should create a soft link in /opt/Shreedhar. I have tried to write the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shreedhar Naik
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script -- symbolic link

Hi , pwd -P will give the physical directory name for symbolic names. is there any command to get the value of symbolic link ? if it's symbolic link , I have to get the physical directory name? any ideas to code in shell ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Open Shell Script from X-Manager Console

Dear All, I have a shell script. which has the read, write & execute permissions. I am entering from X-Manager Console. OS Details are: SunOS P382XLRTY 5.9 Generic_118558-34 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R Step1: Double Click on Home Folder, it will be opened. Step2: Double Click on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanu_oracle
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

open a web link from

Hello, I am looking a way on how to add in my sh script a line that once run would visit a web link www.domain.com/something.php?smt=SOMEDATA and close. Thank you, C (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute a shell script from an html link?

I want to execute a shell script when clicking on an html link. I want the output of the script to be shown on the webpage. Whats the best way to achieve this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove the target of the symbol link in a shell script

I have a target directory, there are some files and directories in "target_dir". I have a symbol link: my_link -> <target_dir> The target directory name is NOT known to the script (because it is varying), while the link name is always fixed. In a shell script, how to remove both the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princelinux
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To open a file in shell script.

Hi Guys, I want to open a file in shell script and copy the last file of the line for display. Can anyone help?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karthick N
3 Replies
GNOME-XML(1)							       1.1.0							      GNOME-XML(1)

NAME
xml-config - script to get information about the installed version of GNOME-XML SYNOPSIS
xml-config [--prefix[=DIR]] [--libs] [--cflags] [--version] [--help] DESCRIPTION
xml-config is a tool that is used to determine the compile and linker flags that should be used to compile and link programs that use GNOME-XML. OPTIONS
xml-config accepts the following options: --version Print the currently installed version of GNOME-XML on the standard output. Add the --static option to print the linker flags that are necessary to statically link a GNOME-XML program. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a GNOME-XML program. --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a GNOME-XML program. --prefix=PREFIX If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that GNOME-XML was built with when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Fredrik Hallenberg <hallon@lysator.liu.se>, for the Debian GNU/linux system (but may be used by others). Version 3 July 1999 GNOME-XML(1)