Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create 2 different path folders? Post 302965735 by Boost on Tuesday 2nd of February 2016 02:10:59 PM
Old 02-02-2016
Thank you ravinder.

What is wrong in my code
Code:
dept_no=`sqlplus -silent apps/test<<EOF  
                set pagesize 0
                set feedback off
                set verify off
                set heading off
                select deptno from emp
				where deptno=10;
                exit;
EOF`
echo $dept_no

dept_no1=`sqlplus -silent apps/test<<EOF 
                set pagesize 0
                set feedback off
                set verify off
                set heading off
                select deptno from emp
		where deptno=20;
                exit;
EOF`
echo $dept_no1

DEPT_NO="DEPT"
  D_NAME="DNAME"

if [[ $dept_no == 10 ]]
 then
  mkdir -m 777 -p /opt/test/sample/$CURRENT_YEAR/$CURRENT_MONTH >/dev/null 2>&1| tee -a  ${LOG_FILE_NAME}
 echo " Structure Created Successfully." | tee -a  ${LOG_FILE_NAME}
 else
 echo "10 dept Directory not created "| tee -a $LOG_FILE_NAME
 exit 2 
 fi

if [[ $dept_no1 == 20 ]]
 then
  mkdir -m 777 -p /opt/test/sample/$CURRENT_YEAR/$CURRENT_MONTH/$DEPT_NO >/dev/null 2>&1 | tee -a  ${LOG_FILE_NAME}
 echo " Structure Created Successfully." | tee -a  ${LOG_FILE_NAME}
 else
 echo "20 dept Directory not created "| tee -a $LOG_FILE_NAME
 exit 2 
 fi

could please help me

Last edited by Boost; 02-02-2016 at 04:36 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create folders/subfolders using shellscript

Hi, Can any one help me how to create folders using shellscript.My requirement is: FolderName: Main/Main1 :Main/Main2 :Main/Main3 underSubFolder : Main1/A :Main1/B :Main1/C underSubfolder: A/A1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create symbolic link between folders.....

hi champs, i have folders structure up to log is there , which is as below, app | |---version-4.1 | |----bin | | | | | |-----a.sh | | |-----b.sh | | | |----log | | \---version (symbolic link to version-4.1) but i want to create another folder... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed removing two top level folders from path

Hi, I am trying to use either awk or sed to drop the first two folders in a path. So if I had path /folder1/folder2/folder3/folder4.... I need to drop folder1&2, so the new path would be /folder3/folder4... If folder1 and folder2 were the same all the time, this would be easy. But... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertinohio
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to create a script to show what files in what folders

Hi everyone, I'm stuck with this scenario where our system creates files every night and puts them in several folders according from whom it came from. I have managed to create a script which will list the folders in one column and the files that are in them in another column, now my problem... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran21
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

create folders until conditions met

Hi, I want to create 10 folders, starting from TEST001 till TEST010, after folder TEST010 is created the script should exit. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bprabhukumar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Script to create folders

Hi I want to write a small script that will create folders named from `AAAA' all the way to `ZZZZ'. That is: `AAAA' `AAAB' `AAAC' ... `AABA' `AABB' `AABC' ... `ABAA' `ABAB' `ABAC' ... `ABBA' ... `ZZZZ' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Some manipulations with files and folders. (loop, find, create and remove)

Hello! I need to realize such task. 1. In my user's home dir I have folder1; 2. In folder1 I have some (various count) subfolders with random names; 3. In these subfolders I have one file anyname.pdf (various name in each subfolder) and file content.txt (constant name in each subfolder) ##... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: optik77
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create folders using masklist

hello there, I have a file called foldermasklist.txt have Aayush 1 source1/checksum Aayush 0 source2/checksum flexing 1 source1/source2/checksum flexing 1 time1/checksum in the format <parentfolder><flag><subfolders> script needs to read the flag if it's 1 then folder needs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script to create folders

hi again, having an issue with the code here because it doesnt work :D can someone point what and how to change, please. #!/bin/bash #create directory mylabs, inside create 6 directories named by user. DIR1="$1" DIR2="$2" if ; then echo -n " there is a folder named mylabs, what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: me.
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent- shell script to create sub folders

Hi All, Could any one help me with a shell script which will create different sub folders in a folder and of which the sub folders names should be taken from a text file. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetansingh23
1 Replies
TEE(2)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    TEE(2)

NAME
tee - duplicating pipe content SYNOPSIS
#define _GNU_SOURCE #include <fcntl.h> ssize_t tee(int fd_in, int fd_out, size_t len, unsigned int flags); DESCRIPTION
tee() duplicates up to len bytes of data from the pipe referred to by the file descriptor fd_in to the pipe referred to by the file descriptor fd_out. It does not consume the data that is duplicated from fd_in; therefore, that data can be copied by a subsequent splice(2). flags is a series of modifier flags, which share the name space with splice(2) and vmsplice(2): SPLICE_F_MOVE Currently has no effect for tee(); see splice(2). SPLICE_F_NONBLOCK Do not block on I/O; see splice(2) for further details. SPLICE_F_MORE Currently has no effect for tee(), but may be implemented in the future; see splice(2). SPLICE_F_GIFT Unused for tee(); see vmsplice(2). RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, tee() returns the number of bytes that were duplicated between the input and output. A return value of 0 means that there was no data to transfer, and it would not make sense to block, because there are no writers connected to the write end of the pipe referred to by fd_in. On error, tee() returns -1 and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
EINVAL fd_in or fd_out does not refer to a pipe; or fd_in and fd_out refer to the same pipe. ENOMEM Out of memory. VERSIONS
The tee() system call first appeared in Linux 2.6.17. CONFORMING TO
This system call is Linux-specific. NOTES
Conceptually, tee() copies the data between the two pipes. In reality no real data copying takes place though: under the covers, tee() assigns data in the output by merely grabbing a reference to the input. EXAMPLE
The following example implements a basic tee(1) program using the tee() system call. #define _GNU_SOURCE #include <fcntl.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <errno.h> #include <limits.h> int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { int fd; int len, slen; if (argc != 2) { fprintf(stderr, "Usage: %s <file> ", argv[0]); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } fd = open(argv[1], O_WRONLY | O_CREAT | O_TRUNC, 0644); if (fd == -1) { perror("open"); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } do { /* * tee stdin to stdout. */ len = tee(STDIN_FILENO, STDOUT_FILENO, INT_MAX, SPLICE_F_NONBLOCK); if (len < 0) { if (errno == EAGAIN) continue; perror("tee"); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } else if (len == 0) break; /* * Consume stdin by splicing it to a file. */ while (len > 0) { slen = splice(STDIN_FILENO, NULL, fd, NULL, len, SPLICE_F_MOVE); if (slen < 0) { perror("splice"); break; } len -= slen; } } while (1); close(fd); exit(EXIT_SUCCESS); } SEE ALSO
splice(2), vmsplice(2), feature_test_macros(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2009-09-15 TEE(2)