Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Speed up the loop in shell script Post 302965610 by kumar85shiv on Monday 1st of February 2016 05:44:16 AM
Old 02-01-2016
Hi Disedorgue,

i tried your code, but giving the below error
Code:
 ./ping_fast.sh: line 12: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
./ping_fast.sh: line 12: `   }& '

Last edited by rbatte1; 11-22-2016 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: Add

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

If then else loop in Shell script

Hi Following is the code . When I give input as Bangalore,its dospalying Welcome to Hitech City. But say , if I select Delhi or US, its not displaying the corresponding message. Its still says Welcome to Hitech City. Seems that it not entering in the elif part. Please suggest. #!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with loop in a shell script

I just want to write a little script, that reads the lines from a file, echos somthing in a new tmp.file and then do some commands whith the tmp.files. while read -r line do echo "TEST=" > tmp.$$ echo "$line" >> tmp.$$ any_command < tmp.$$ done < $INPUTFILE But I think I have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elifchen
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

data from blktrace: read speed V.S. write speed

I analysed disk performance with blktrace and get some data: read: 8,3 4 2141 2.882115217 3342 Q R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2142 2.882116411 3342 G R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2144 2.882117647 3342 I R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2145 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: W.C.C
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop in shell script

Dear experts, i am quite new to shell script please any one can help me in this regard i would like write a script which takes input in the form >./Test.sh a,10,b,20,c,30... in this way i can give input in any number which is not constant in the end through loop i want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script using loop

Hi everyone, I have n number of data in my file "temp" in following order.In each line table_name and column_name are different.input data is in same format each query in three lines. ALTER TABLE table_name ADD ( column_name1 VARCHAR2(10), column_name2 VARCHAR2(70) ); ... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisha
23 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoiding For Loop in Shell Script

I am looking to a solution to the following problem. I have a very large file that looks something like this: Each group of three numbers on each line are three probabilities that sum to one. I want to output the maximum for each group of three. So desired output would be: or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydrabane
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with the For loop shell script

Hi, I have multiple files in a directory. Each file will have a header.I have to check if any of the files has 0 rows other than the header then I have to delete the files. Here “ Empty file” in my case means a file has header information but no data. I have to delete such files. If the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesnar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop in shell script

Hi Friends, I have a file. the content is as below: file1: /A/B/C/abc.txt 2013-07-28 13:50:00,2013-07-31 01:00:00,5,710 /A/B/C/xyz.txt 2011-09-21 18:30:00,2013-07-30 06:15:00,15,65135 2009-11-09 18:00:00,2011-09-02 09:00:00,5,12345 2013-07-28 13:50:00,2013-07-31 01:00:00,5,710 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Speed up bash loop?

I am running the below bash loop on all the files of a specific type (highlighted in bold) in a directory. There are 4 awk commands that use the input files to search another and look for a match. The input files range from 27 - 259 and are a list of names. The file that is searched is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Speed up shell script

Hello, I am basic level shell script developer. I have developed the following script. The shell script basically tracking various files containing certain strings. I am finding options to make the script run more faster. Any help/suggestion would be appreciated :) #! /bin/bash # Greps for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhanuprasad
6 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-akq] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. The following options are available: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-D (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
January 22, 2004 BSD