Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert a lot of files in subdirectories automatically Post 302965548 by Aia on Saturday 30th of January 2016 03:22:43 PM
Old 01-30-2016
Please, change the echo for a mv -v if you like the output.
Code:
find /path -type f -name "image.png" | while IFS= read f; do echo "$f" "${f%/*}/folder.png"; done

This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem comparing 2 files with lot of data

Hello everyone, here's the scenario I have two files, each one has around 1,300,000 lines and each line has a column (phone numbers). I have to get the phones that are in file1 but not in file2. I can get these phones trough Oracle but my boss does not want that so he gave me the files with the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafisha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename a lot of files again

here I go again...kinda hard to explain so I apologize. I need to rename a bunch of files in a directory. I need to remove the first three characters of the filename, and then toward the end of the filename there is constant text inside of brackets. here is a demo (not for real) 'ls -1' of the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting with unique piping for a lot of files

Hi power user, if I have this file: file1.txt: 1111 1111 2222 2222 3333 3333 3333 4444 4444 4444 when I run the sort file1.txt | uniq > data1.txt the result is (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

chmod a lot of files

So i have about 600gb of data.. in which there are alot of directories and alot of files.. Im trying to put this on a ftp server.. So i want to set the permissions on the directories to be 755 and the permission on the files to be 644. So i used: find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {}\; and find .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supermiguel
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename a lot of files using shells script

Hi This is the list file that i have : The files is more than this. I will rename one by one file become like this : So just change the time stamp 200906 become 200905. Is it possible using script ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
3 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Fetch html page convert to pdf automatically via cmd or other means, shortcut

Hi, Im used to compiling when i stumble upon some interesting topics in the net and convert it into pdf files unto my HD for future reference's. I using the chrome print to pdf procedure since firefox html to pdf don't work correctly. I just wonder in someone do same thing and did it in a easy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to modify a lot of html files

Hello, I have about 3400 files in a tree structure (about 80% are html files). 1. I need to modify every html file to remove <p> style and old things like font attribute and add another style. 2. I need to change the root of all links that are in the html. e.g. change /old/path/ to /new/path... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yaazkal
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lot of warn files filling /

hi guys I have suse 11 sp1 and I have a lot of warn file filling / these are under /var/log there's this big one -rw-r----- 1 root root 3.9G Feb 1 10:28 warn warn: ASCII text and the others that are about 2.5 to 3MB - they are about 130 warn-*.bz2 -rw-r----- 1 root root 3.9G Feb... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string to all the files inside a directory excluding subdirectories and .zip files

Hii, Could someone help me to append string to the starting of all the filenames inside a directory but it should exclude .zip files and subdirectories. Eg. file1: test1.log file2: test2.log file3 test.zip After running the script file1: string_test1.log file2: string_test2.log file3:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script for automation the convert a lot number audio files to another format

I have a lot number audio files in the MP3 proprietary format, I want to convert them to 'opus' the free and higher quality format, with keep metadata also. My selection command-line programs are SoX (Sound eXchange) for convert MP3 files to 'AIFF' format in order to keep quality and metadata*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
1 Replies
PHATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual							 PHATCH(1)

NAME
Phatch - Photo Batch Processor DESCRIPTION
Phatch is a simple photo batch processor. It handles all popular image formats and can duplicate (sub)folder hierarchies. It can also batch resize, rotate, rename, ... and more in minutes instead of hours or days if you do it manually. SYNOPSIS
Phatch [actionlist] Phatch [options] [actionlist] [image folders/files/urls] Phatch --inspect [image files/urls] Phatch --droplet [actionlist/recent] [image files/urls] OPTIONS
--version Show program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show the command line options which are accepted by Phatch -c, --console Run Phatch as console program without a gui -d, --droplet Run Phatch as a gui droplet --desktop Save always on desktop -f, --force Ignore errors --fonts Initialize fonts (only for installation scripts) -i, --interactive Interactive -k, --keep Keep existing images (don't overwrite) -l LOCALE Specify locale language (for example en or en_GB) -n, --inspect Inspect metadata (requires exif & iptc plugin) --no-save No save action required at the end -r, --recursive Include all subfolders -t, --trust Do not check images first --unsafe Allow Geek action and unsafe expressions -v, --verbose Verbose EXAMPLES
phatch action_list.phatch phatch --verbose --recursive action_list.py image_file.png image_folder phatch --inspect image_file.jpg phatch --droplet recent phatch -l el AUTHOR
Stani (spe.stani.be (at) gmail.com) User Commands February 2009 PHATCH(1)