Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs Post 302965536 by santoshkumarkal on Saturday 30th of January 2016 07:34:45 AM
Old 01-30-2016
Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs

I have multiple jobs and each job dependent on other job.
Each Job generates a log and If job completed successfully log file end's with JOB ENDED SUCCESSFULLY message and if it failed then it will end with JOB ENDED with FAILURE.

I need an help how to start.

Attaching the JOB dependency .... Please help me here how to start.
Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs-jobspng

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a Script to run series of batch jobs on unix platform

Im new to unix shell scripting, I have to run batch jobs on unix. for example i have 5 jobs. first 2 can kickoff parallely. after completely finishing the 2 previous jobs the 3 job should kick off..once 3rd is over 4 th and 5th can kick off parallely. Each jobs run for 1 or 2 hours each. How to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venki311
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs exit status and limit the number of jobs to run

i need to execute 5 jobs at a time in background and need to get the exit status of all the jobs i wrote small script below , i'm not sure this is right way to do it.any ideas please help. $cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh #################################### typeset -u SCHEMA_NAME=$1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can i make two dependent jobs into cron?

Hi all, How can i make two dependent jobs into crontab? means after the first job the second job should run in a single crontab entry in unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 script or multiple scripts?? - check files, run jobs

Question for anyone that might be able to help: My objective is to eheck if a file (a source file) exists in a directory. If it does then, I'd like to call an application (Informatica ETL file...not necessary to know) to run a program which extracts data and loads it into multiple targets. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnanasakti
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

General Q: how to run/schedule a php script from cron jobs maybe via bash from shell?

Status quo is, within a web application, which is coded completely in php (not by me, I dont know php), I have to fill out several fields, and execute it manually by clicking the "go" button in my browser, several times a day. Thats because: The script itself pulls data (textfiles) from a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

waiting on jobs in bash, allowing limited parallel jobs at one time, and then for all to finish

Hello, I am running GNU bash, version 3.2.39(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu). I have a specific question pertaining to waiting on jobs run in sub-shells, based on the max number of parallel processes I want to allow, and then wait... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srao
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling multiple jobs from single shell script

Hi all, I have developed a shell script where I am executing datastage jobs.This script will be further placed in enterprise scheduler to trigger it at particulat time. I have around 300 jobs , I am passing jobnames to script as a paramere. So is it possible I can trigger all jobs from one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to check multiple jobs runninng status

Hi Folks, Please help me ,I need a unix shell script to check for multiple jobs running. if there are multiple backup Jobs running then it should be trigger an email . Thanks, Anand T (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nandu67
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to run multiple cron jobs?

I have two scripts which I'm tying to run one after the other- this is what I've tried: 00 14 * * * /path/one.sh && /path/two.sh I've also tried putting each script on a different line: 00 14 * * * /path/one.sh 00 14 * * * /path/two.sh Can this be done? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: $shell_Learner
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read file and run multiple jobs

I have a txt file line1 line2 line3 $!/bin/sh cat /tmp/lus.txt | while read line do esxcli storage vmfs unmap -u $lin -n 4000 done this works but does in one line at a time. how do I do all lines at once simutaeously? Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdubb123
4 Replies
condor_wait(1)						      General Commands Manual						    condor_wait(1)

Name
       condor_wait Wait - for jobs to finish

Synopsis
       condor_wait [-help -version]

condor_wait[-debug] [-wait seconds] [-num number-of-jobs] log-file[job ID]

Description
       condor_waitwatches  a  user  log file (created with the logcommand within a submit description file) and returns when one or more jobs from
       the log have completed or aborted.

Because condor_waitexpects to find at least one job submitted event in the log file, at least one job must have been successfully submitted
       with condor_submitbefore condor_waitis executed.

condor_waitwill wait forever for jobs to finish, unless a shorter wait time is specified.

Options
       -help

Display usage information

-version

Display version information

-debug

Show extra debugging information.

-wait seconds

Wait no more than the integer number of seconds. The default is unlimited time.

-num number-of-jobs

Wait for the integer number-of-jobsjobs to end. The default is all jobs in the log file.

log file

The name of the log file to watch for information about the job.

job ID

A  specific job or set of jobs to watch. If the job IDis only the job ClassAd attribute  ClusterId , then condor_wait waits for all jobs
	  with the given  ClusterId . If the job IDis a pair of the job ClassAd attributes, given by  ClusterId . ProcId , then condor_wait  waits
	  for  the specific job with this job ID. If this option is not specified, all jobs that exist in the log file when condor_wait is invoked
	  will be watched.

General Remarks
       condor_waitis an inexpensive way to test or wait for the completion of a job or a whole cluster, if you are trying to get a process outside
       of Condor to synchronize with a job or set of jobs.

It can also be used to wait for the completion of a limited subset of jobs, via the -numoption.

Examples
       condor_wait  logfile

This command waits for all jobs that exist in  logfile to complete.

condor_wait  logfile 40

This command waits for all jobs that exist in  logfile with a job ClassAd attribute  ClusterId of 40 to complete.

condor_wait  -num 2 logfile

This command waits for any two jobs that exist in  logfile to complete.

condor_wait  logfile 40.1

This command waits for job 40.1 that exists in  logfile to complete.

condor_wait  -wait 3600 logfile 40.1

This waits for job 40.1 to complete by watching	logfile , but it will not wait more than one hour (3600 seconds).

Exit Status
       condor_waitexits  with  0  if and only if the specified job or jobs have completed or aborted. condor_waitreturns 1 if unrecoverable errors
       occur, such as a missing log file, if the job does not exist in the log file, or the user-specified waiting time has expired.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 1990-2012 Condor Team, Computer Sciences Department, University of  Wisconsin-Madison,  Madison,  WI.  All  Rights  Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012						    condor_wait(1)