Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find comand directories permissions Post 302965270 by RudiC on Tuesday 26th of January 2016 01:08:54 PM
Old 01-26-2016
I can't find an immediate and obvious reason for that behaviour. Please remove the 2>/dev/null so we might get a hint on a possible problem. man xargs:
Quote:
If any invocation of the command exits with a status of 255, xargs will stop immediately without reading any further input. An error message is issued on stderr when this happens.
---------- Post updated at 19:08 ---------- Previous update was at 19:06 ----------

drwxr-x--- 2 root system 96 Jun 28 2012 nfs_aing_tmp might give a problem as it won't be accessible to UG92222:tava.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions for Directories and Subdirectories

Is it possible to have a directory owned (by root) with permissions drwx------ and then have a sub directory of rwxrwxrwx. I know that this may be soo simple but I had no luck googling it. Thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clancymf
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in changing Permissions to 775 for files and directories

Hi All I need to create a script which would change Permissions to 775 All the Files and directories will be mentioned in the Paramter files Can anyone give a Hint how to proceed in this ?? THanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranga27
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Newbie, Directories permissions

Basicly im trying to edit a file for apache2 in /var/etc/apache2 and i dont have permissions, my login name is associated with root but i still can't do anything, Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sypherz
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to change permissions only to files, not directories....?

Hi, I am really new to unix, any help is much appreciated. I need to change permissions of all files under several subdirectories to 700 but keep directories readable (755). Why ? Because I need a FTP user to only list his files and can't read them. But to browse to subfolder, the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: narrok
3 Replies

5. Solaris

find and sed comand for Solaris 9

Hi, I'm looking to combine the two commands find and sed together for the work that i'm worknig on. I need to find the ip addresse in any file from current directory and below, once is found i need to replace it with new ip addresse. Here is what i have but not complete. Find IP from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create duplicate directories with same permissions

Hi all, I need to create duplicate directories and sub directories (only the directories not the files or file contents) with the same permissions. Can some one guide me in doing this. I could able to create but here the permissions should be the same how can i do this in linux. Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivia
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep command to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories.

Hi all, Using grep command, i want to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories. e.g: if i want to search for a pattern named "parmeter", i used the command grep -i "param" ../* is this correct? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinothrajan55
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the Permissions for all the scripts that exists in two Directories

Hello All, I am in the process of finding the permissions on all the files that exists in two directories: Dir1: PROD_Scripts/* Dir2: STAGE_Scripts/* Both the Directories have some shell and perl scripts respectively. Step1: Finding all the Scripts that exists in PROD but Not in STAGE.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find only files/directories with different permissions/owners

My git post-update has the following lines in it to make sure the permissions are set right: find /usr/local/apache/htdocs -type d -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 755 find /usr/local/apache/htdocs -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 644 chown -R apache:apache /usr/local/apache/htdocsThe only problem is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheian
5 Replies

10. AIX

Permissions on directories and files

Hello, I have a main directory called /test123 /test123 has lot of sub-directories and files. drwxr-x--- 21 root system 4096 Jan 25 10:20 /test123 Here, "other" does not have any access to /test123 folder. How can we provide read-only access to others on /test123... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
1 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)