Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Inserting shell script input data automatically from a text file Post 302965154 by mohamadreza on Sunday 24th of January 2016 07:47:47 AM
Old 01-24-2016
I appreciate the time you have put into detailing these requirements. Thank you.

Its working.

Best
Mohamad

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to input username on text file into finger command on shell script

I'm trying to clean up my server and I have the list of some "special" users stored on the text file like this Now I want to write a shell script to finger all of them so I can have some kind of ideas who they are but here comes the problem....I completely forgot how to do it with shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Micz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Shell Script to get data from text file

Hello, I have got the script below that reads a text file and then extract data from the third column and then send the result to another shell scrpt call tsim - the script works fine. The problem I am having is that I want the user to enter the 'Test Day' which the first column in the text file,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jermaine4ever
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use data in unix text file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi, I have data in my text file something like this. adams robert ahmed gibbs I want to use this data line by line as input to an sql query which i run by connecting to an oracle database from shell. If you have code for similar scenario , please ehlp. I want the output of the sql query... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the data from the text file in shell script?

I am having one text file and i need to read that data from my shell script. I will expain you the scenario: Script look like: For name type 1: For age type 2: For Salary type3: echo "Enter the input:" read the data if input is 1 then go to the Text file and print the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshmurs
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to take input from a text file and perform check on each servers and copy files

HI all, I want to script where all the server names will be in a text file like server1 server2 server3 . and the script should take servernames from a text file and perform copy of files if the files are not present on those servers.after which it should take next servername till the end of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseph.dmello
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scope of the shell/perl script is to read the input text file. Validate the expiry date of each

The scope of the shell/perl script is to read the input text file. Validate the expiry date of each certificate and send the mail to the user. The user takes action to add the new certificate to the storage file and user owns the responsibility to update the input text file with the new certificate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: casmo
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on inserting data from text file to excel using shell script

Hi, Please help me on this. I want to insert data from text file to excel using shell script nawk -v r=4 -v c=4 -v val=$a -F, 'BEGIN{OFS=","}; NR != r; NR == r {$c = val; print}' "file.csv" I used above one to insert $a value in 4th row, 4th column in an excel file.csv and it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman.frnz
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the shell script to read the .txt file as an input/data?

i have written my shell script in notepad however i am struggling to pass the data file to be read to the script the data file is of .txt format. My target is to run the shell script from the terminal and pass 3 arguments e.g. polg@DESKTOP-BVPDC5C:~/CS1420/coursework$ bash valsplit.sh input.txt... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need list of input and output parameter of task in a text file, using shell script

//file begin ===== //some code task abcd_; input x; input y,z; //some comment output w; //some comment reg p; integer q; begin //some code end endtask : abcd_ //some code //file end ===== expected output from above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rishifrnds
1 Replies
Version::Requirements(3perl)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			      Version::Requirements(3perl)

NAME
Version::Requirements - a set of version requirements for a CPAN dist VERSION
version 0.101020 SYNOPSIS
use Version::Requirements; my $build_requires = Version::Requirements->new; $build_requires->add_minimum('Library::Foo' => 1.208); $build_requires->add_minimum('Library::Foo' => 2.602); $build_requires->add_minimum('Module::Bar' => 'v1.2.3'); $METAyml->{build_requires} = $build_requires->as_string_hash; DESCRIPTION
A Version::Requirements object models a set of version constraints like those specified in the META.yml or META.json files in CPAN distributions. It can be built up by adding more and more constraints, and it will reduce them to the simplest representation. Logically impossible constraints will be identified immediately by thrown exceptions. METHODS
new my $req = Version::Requirements->new; This returns a new Version::Requirements object. It ignores any arguments given. add_minimum $req->add_minimum( $module => $version ); This adds a new minimum version requirement. If the new requirement is redundant to the existing specification, this has no effect. Minimum requirements are inclusive. $version is required, along with any greater version number. This method returns the requirements object. add_maximum $req->add_maximum( $module => $version ); This adds a new maximum version requirement. If the new requirement is redundant to the existing specification, this has no effect. Maximum requirements are inclusive. No version strictly greater than the given version is allowed. This method returns the requirements object. add_exclusion $req->add_exclusion( $module => $version ); This adds a new excluded version. For example, you might use these three method calls: $req->add_minimum( $module => '1.00' ); $req->add_maximum( $module => '1.82' ); $req->add_exclusion( $module => '1.75' ); Any version between 1.00 and 1.82 inclusive would be acceptable, except for 1.75. This method returns the requirements object. exact_version $req->exact_version( $module => $version ); This sets the version required for the given module to exactly the given version. No other version would be considered acceptable. This method returns the requirements object. add_requirements $req->add_requirements( $another_req_object ); This method adds all the requirements in the given Version::Requirements object to the requirements object on which it was called. If there are any conflicts, an exception is thrown. This method returns the requirements object. accepts_module my $bool = $req->accepts_modules($module => $version); Given an module and version, this method returns true if the version specification for the module accepts the provided version. In other words, given: Module => '>= 1.00, < 2.00' We will accept 1.00 and 1.75 but not 0.50 or 2.00. For modules that do not appear in the requirements, this method will return true. clear_requirement $req->clear_requirement( $module ); This removes the requirement for a given module from the object. This method returns the requirements object. required_modules This method returns a list of all the modules for which requirements have been specified. clone $req->clone; This method returns a clone of the invocant. The clone and the original object can then be changed independent of one another. is_simple This method returns true if and only if all requirements are inclusive minimums -- that is, if their string expression is just the version number. is_finalized This method returns true if the requirements have been finalized by having the "finalize" method called on them. finalize This method marks the requirements finalized. Subsequent attempts to change the requirements will be fatal, if they would result in a change. If they would not alter the requirements, they have no effect. If a finalized set of requirements is cloned, the cloned requirements are not also finalized. as_string_hash This returns a reference to a hash describing the requirements using the strings in the META.yml specification. For example after the following program: my $req = Version::Requirements->new; $req->add_minimum('Version::Requirements' => 0.102); $req->add_minimum('Library::Foo' => 1.208); $req->add_maximum('Library::Foo' => 2.602); $req->add_minimum('Module::Bar' => 'v1.2.3'); $req->add_exclusion('Module::Bar' => 'v1.2.8'); $req->exact_version('Xyzzy' => '6.01'); my $hashref = $req->as_string_hash; $hashref would contain: { 'Version::Requirements' => '0.102', 'Library::Foo' => '>= 1.208, <= 2.206', 'Module::Bar' => '>= v1.2.3, != v1.2.8', 'Xyzzy' => '== 6.01', } from_string_hash my $req = Version::Requirements->from_string_hash( \%hash ); This is an alternate constructor for a Version::Requirements object. It takes a hash of module names and version requirement strings and returns a new Version::Requirements object. AUTHOR
Ricardo Signes <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2010 by Ricardo Signes. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-19 Version::Requirements(3perl)