Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Classwork (group project)
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Classwork (group project) Post 302964967 by chakrapani on Thursday 21st of January 2016 01:02:51 PM
Old 01-21-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrutinizer
The log file sample is TAB separated, so that is why it works in this case..
Got it ... Thanks

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SSH doesn't pick up user's project from /etc/project

We have a system running ssh. When a user logs in, they do not get the project they are assigned to (they run under "system"). I verify the project using the command "ps -e -o user,pid,ppid,args,project". If you do a "su - username", the user does get the project they are assigned to (and all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurgan
2 Replies

2. Solaris

what is the use of /etc/project file and project administration commands?

i have two doubts.. 1. what is the use /etc/project file. i renamed this file and when i tried to switch user or login with some user account the login was happening slowly. but when i renamed it to original name it was working fine... why so? 2. unix already has useradd and grouadd for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a one liner to grep a group info from /etc/group and use that result to search passwd file

/etc/group tiadm::345:mk789,po312,jo343,ju454,ko453,yx879,iy345,hn453 bin::2:root,daemon sys::3:root,bin,adm adm::4:root,daemon uucp::5:root /etc/passwd mk789:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh po312:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh ju454:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
6 Replies

4. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Apparently my post is Homework/Classwork?

I previously posted a question in the Shell Scripting forum a few minutes ago. I recieved a message telling me I had breached a rule, apparently because my post was a homework infraction. Well, im currently trying to figure out how to use Raspberry Pi's (as im a starter) I asked one of my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Waggie14
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FINDING DUPLICATE PROJECT ( directory project )

I have a project tree like that. after running find command with the -no -empty option, i am able to have a list of non empty directory DO_MY_SEARCH="find . -type d -not -empty -print0" MY_EXCLUDE_DIR1=" -e NOT_IN_USE -e RTMAP -e NOT_USEFULL " echo " " > $MY_TEMP_RESULT_1 while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
RCS2LOG(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						RCS2LOG(1)

NAME
rcs2log -- RCS to ChangeLog generator SYNOPSIS
rcs2log [-c changelog] [-h hostname] [-i indent] [-l length] [-R] [-r option] [-t tabwidth] [-u login<TAB>fullname<TAB>mailaddr] [-v] [--help] [--version] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
The rcs2log utility generates a change log prefix from RCS files (perhaps in the CVS repository) and the ChangeLog (if any). The options are as follows: -c changelog Output a change log prefix to changelog (default ChangeLog). -h hostname Use hostname in change log entries (default current host). -i indent Indent change log lines by indent spaces (default 8). -l length Try to limit log lines to length characters (default 79). -R If no file(s) are given and RCS is used, recurse through working directory. -r option Pass option to subsidiary log command. -t tabwidth Tab stops are every tabwidth characters (default 8). -u login<TAB>fullname<TAB>mailaddr Assume login has fullname and mailaddr. -v Append RCS revision to file names in log lines. --help Output help. --version Output version number. SEE ALSO
rcs(1), rcsintro(1), rlog(1), rcsfile(5) AUTHORS
Paul Eggert <eggert@twinsun.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>. BSD
February 15, 2003 BSD