Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Finding the path to an executable , installed package Post 302964884 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 20th of January 2016 01:51:31 PM
Old 01-20-2016
Namely
Code:
pkgchk -l SUNWopenssl-commands | egrep '^(Pathname|Type)'

Or
Code:
pkgchk -l SUNWopenssl-commands | nawk '/^Pathname/{$1=""; print}' | xargs ls -ld

--
Quick-and-dirty alternative
Code:
grep -w SUNWopenssl-commands /var/sadm/install/contents

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to check if a package is already installed?

Hi All, I want to check if the perl DBI package is already installed my AIX unix machine. is there any command to check this? Please help. Thanks, Am (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

how to package my program which can be installed on HP UX

I develop a unix program in HPUX I want to package my program to install on HPUX in some dierctory folder like /user/local/sbin/xxx and preinstall some software before install my program package like xxx.depot how can i do it, have any tools like use setupfactory tools in windows ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
4 Replies

3. Linux

Find installed location of a relocatable package

Hi, I am finding the installed location of a package by: rpm -qi <package_name> And then parse the string "Relocations". If i relocate this package during installation with --relocate option , the "Relocations" string still shows the old value. Though the package has been installed on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Download same package as installed

Hi gurus, how to (just) download already installed package ? I tried sudo apt-get -d install putty but gives me Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done putty is already the newest version. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Package needs to be installed for using pam_mkhomedir.so?

Hi, What is the necessary package that needs to be installed for using pam_mkhomedir.so in pam.conf file? And from where can i get that file? Is that package already shipped with Solaris 10? Because when i use that file i am getting "open_module: stat(/usr/lib/security/pam_mkhomedir.so)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathya47
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

How to list my program or package that i compile and installed?

Hi I would like to ask in ubuntu or linux on how to list all my package or software the i installed via source code( compile installed in dir default is /usr/local) just like i solaris in which if you installed a package in ur choosing default root installation dir you can just issue a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Check that supersede of package version is installed

I need a programmatic way to check, that supersede of required package is installed. At Linux I do it using rpmvercm utility to compare installed package version to my minimal requirement. So - I need analog of Linux "rpmvercm" utility for Solaris (10/11) Let us say - I know that minimal version... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuismanm
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-to verify if my package installed successfully

Can you please let me know how can i verify /check inside the script if the below to package installation commands are successful or if they failed for any reasons? 1. pkgadd -a $INSTP/install/dadmin -d $INSTP/install/apachesrv.pkg 2. pkgadd -a $INSTP/install/dadmin -d... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)