Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to install Solaris 10 5/09 on sparc T4-1? Post 302964844 by Anjo Antony on Wednesday 20th of January 2016 04:42:06 AM
Old 01-20-2016

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to install wget on Solaris sparc 9

hi, i downloaded wget-1.9.1-sol9-sparc-local.gz for solaris sparc 9. but do not know how to install it. anybody help me. many thanks tinhlx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinhlx
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 install fails on sparc

I'm trying to do an upgrade/install from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 on a SUN Sparc system. I halt the system, as documented, but when I attempt to boot off the distribution DVD; i.e. halt : : OK> boot cdrom The system indicates that the device is 'unrecognizable' These are SUN... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: imagtek
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

4. Solaris

64 Bit SPARC Solaris 10 Install

I downloaded the iso image from here and burnt it on DVD. But when I tried installing it..it said boot device not availiable. Do I have to make it bootable? Is there any other component that I need to write on DVD other than the image? Moreover the DVD which I received from my admin for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How to Install EIS DVD for SPARC (solaris 10)

hello, i need to install eis dvd (recommanded patches) dvd for a client, but i don't know the procedure, can you please help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feg
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install SCSI Jaz drive in Sparc Solaris

I recently got a Sun Sparc 10 Ultra with Solaris 10 installed on it. Now I'm trying to connect my SCSI Jaz drive to it. I moved my Adaptec AHA-2940U PCI SCSI card from my XP PC (where it was working OK) to the Sun and that's about as far as I got. I did a probe-scsi-all and got nothing back,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Need to install /usr/lib/libiconv.so.2 Solaris Sparc 64 bit package

Hi, Can anyone help me out in getting download the below required package for Solaris 10 SPARC 64-bit machine. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
3 Replies

8. Solaris

SUN 10 OS on Sparc T4-2, how to install?

Dear all! I've received 4 servers Sparc T4-2 on a rack, those servers was built in Solaris 11 ZFS bundled. Our Application is not coporated with the Sun 11, so, I must reinstall them. However, whenever I ran cdrom in "ok prompt> bood cdrom", I received the line "Can not load cdrom". Recheck... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
9 Replies

9. Solaris

SPARC M10 - Install Solaris 10

Hi, This machine does not have CDROM/DVDROM. I try to boot using external usb. Issue command: show-disks does not show any external cdrom. How to install OS? Is it can be install using usb pendrive? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Multiple swap spaces after refresh Solaris 11.3 install on Sparc T5-2

Hi The following is the output of "df -h" and "zfs list" right after fresh installation of Solaris 11.3 on Sparc T5-2 with 256GB memory. Because the server has 256GB of memory, I think Solaris created swap file system mounted on /system/volatile and /tmp, but my question is, zfs also has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasonu
5 Replies
GNOME-SCREENSHOT(1)													       GNOME-SCREENSHOT(1)

NAME
gnome-screenshot - capture the screen, a window, or an user-defined area and save the snapshot image to a file. SYNOPSIS
gnome-screenshot [ -w ] [ -a ] [ -b ] [ -B ] [ -d SECONDS ] [ -e EFFECT ] [ -i ] [ --display DISPLAY ] DESCRIPTION
gnome-screenshot is a GNOME utility for taking screenshots of the entire screen, a window or an user-defined area of the screen, with optional beautifying border effects. OPTIONS
-w, --window Grab the current active window instead of the entire screen. -a, --area Grab an area of the screen instead of the entire screen. -b, --include-border Include the window border within the screenshot. -B, --remove-border Remove the window border from the screenshot. -d, --delay=SECONDS, Take the screenshot after the specified delay [in seconds]. -e, --effect=EFFECT, Add an effect to the outside of the screenshot border. EFFECT can be ``shadow'' (adding drop shadow), ``border'' (adding rectangu- lar space around the screenshot) or ``none'' (no effect). Default is ``none''. -i, --interactive Interactively set options in a dialog. --display=DISPLAY X display to use. -?, -h, --help Show a summary of the available options. In addition, the usual GTK+ and GNOME command line options apply. See the output of --help for details. SEE ALSO
gnome-options(7), gtk-options(7) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christian Marillat <marillat@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Updated by Theppitak Karoonboonyanan <thep@linux.thai.net>, Tom Feiner <feiner.tom@gmail.com> and Cosimo Cecchi <cosimoc@gnome.org> June 28, 2009 GNOME-SCREENSHOT(1)