Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris M5000 showhardconf is showing everything is Deconfigured Post 302964839 by gull04 on Wednesday 20th of January 2016 03:39:41 AM
Old 01-20-2016
Hi,

Can you run a "poweron" on the server, or is it on a production network?

There may be an issue with the AC supply.

Regards

Gull04

Last edited by gull04; 01-20-2016 at 07:17 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

M5000 Question

Hi, I 've a fully loaded M5000 which i would like to partition in 4 domains but i have a concern that since we have only 4 internal disks how can we partition the box in for domains with 2 disks ( mirrored ) in each domain. Should i go ahead with 1 Lun from SAN and 1 internal disk for each of 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

2. Solaris

M5000 servers - XSCF functions

Hi all A couple of new M5000 servers will be arriving soon and I need to work out how to configure the underlying domains. It will come with 4 x CPUS, 32 Gb of memory, 4 x HD, 2 x IOtrays. Reading the XSCF manual, I can configure the item into 2 domains, something about uni / quad xsb.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
9 Replies

3. Solaris

M5000 Question

Hi i 've a M5000 running 2 domains in my Lab with following hardconf SPARC Enterprise M5000; Memory_Size:128 GB; +-----------------------------------+------------+ | FRU | Quantity | +-----------------------------------+------------+ | MBU_B... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to start SunVTS on M5000

Please advise. Thank you bash-3.00# cd /usr/sunvts/bin/ bash-3.00# ls bios.bin iobushangscript.sh stopsunvts vtsprobe cmos.bin javabridge.jar sunlink vtsreportgenerate dispatcher loadVtsServer svmVolDiskList vtstalk env6test... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
6 Replies

5. HP-UX

Deconfigured memories on RX7640

Hello, I am installing RX7640 and i have some issue with the memory modules. My system shows them as deconfigured. Do you think I use the right memories? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stapley
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Mounting USB in XSCF on M5000

Trying to update my M5000 firmware. trying to mount my USB to upload firmware and getting the following message. XSCF> getflashimage -v file:///media/usb_msd/FFXCP1115.tar.gz Free space: 97MB Making sure mount point is clear umount: /media/usb_msd is not mounted (according to mtab) Trying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to solve M5000 CPU "Deconfigured" state?

Hi Community, i have one M5000 spare machine which was handled by support team. they told me that it is gone completely . i have checked the status. before it was showing MBU_B degraded. i updated to latest firmware and , resetted the xscf and now this is showing as normal. MBU_B... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

M5000 Xscf

I took over an M5000 and have a jumper server with a nic to connect to the console IP of an M5000. access via ssh user@ip. it was working fine, another person can connect remotely on the subnet, but when I ssh,it just hangs and then times out. so my question is, any ideas of what I might... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrodgers
4 Replies

9. Solaris

M5000 fails to boot

I have an m5000 that Is down. I have access to XSCF> and was able to get to the ok prompt. However, on >ok boot it failed to boot. erred with : svc.startd: svc:/system/device/fc-fabric:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/fc-fabric" failed due to signal KILL. Nov 29... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
3 Replies

10. Hardware

M5000 won't power up

on an m5000 , I can not power it up, system failure. XSCF> poweron -a DomainIDs to power on:00,01 Continue? :y 00 :Not powering on :Poweron canceled due to missing component. 01 :Not powering on :Poweron canceled due to missing component. the only fault that I can see is: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
4 Replies
PAM_ISSUE(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_ISSUE(8)

NAME
pam_issue - PAM module to add issue file to user prompt SYNOPSIS
pam_issue.so [noesc] [issue=issue-file-name] DESCRIPTION
pam_issue is a PAM module to prepend an issue file to the username prompt. It also by default parses escape codes in the issue file similar to some common getty's (using x format). Recognized escapes: d current day l name of this tty m machine architecture (uname -m) machine's network node hostname (uname -n) o domain name of this system release number of operating system (uname -r) current time s operating system name (uname -s) u number of users currently logged in U same as u except it is suffixed with "user" or "users" (eg. "1 user" or "10 users") v operating system version and build date (uname -v) OPTIONS
noesc Turns off escape code parsing. issue=issue-file-name The file to output if not using the default. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE The prompt was already changed. PAM_SERVICE_ERR A service module error occurred. PAM_SUCCESS The new prompt was set successfully. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to set the user specific issue at login: auth optional pam_issue.so issue=/etc/issue SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_issue was written by Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_ISSUE(8)