Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server inventory software
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Server inventory software Post 302964809 by bakunin on Tuesday 19th of January 2016 02:47:02 PM
Old 01-19-2016
How about Nagios. It might not be as lightweight as you like but it is open source. As far as i know (lucky me, i'm in a pure AIX shop) it supports all the platforms you want and you do not need to use the monitoring partif you only need an inventory service.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Software Inventory

How can I find out what software is installed on the machine, other than ls? Is there a registry program like in Windows? The os is Sun 2.5. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ViperD
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Collecting software inventory

how to obtain/ collect a list of all the applications installed in the system.. is there a configuration file(like the one which exists for hardware ) which holds all this information?? if no is there any command/shell script or utility that we can use for the same ?? I am using Red hat linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superghost
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Utilities/Scipts to Inventory Hardware and Software

Hi All, I am looking for a way to inventory the hardware and software components of many Solaris 8 servers/workstations. I would like to script this to run against a list of IP's in a text file. For Windows there are many such programs available (like Belarc) Is there anything similar for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: limey
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripts for automating server inventory for unix servers

Dear Team, I am very new to shell scripting & and presently monitoring unix boxes I am looking for a shell script which will give me the below output script should contain - hostname,OS Version,CPU details, Physical Memory, Partitions Details, Network Details and Software Installed,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl and HP-UX : instmodsh in combination with software depot : update inventory for installed Perl

we create a HP-UX software depot with a new perl-modul. after installation of the software depot, the perl module i can't find with instmodsh in the inventory for installed Perl modules. - i have learned of using instmodsh command : i find out what modules are already installed on my system. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Server and Software upgrade

Hi Experts, we are planning to upgrade the End of life servers to new servers and from solaris 8/9 to 11. Server loads are minimum and not heavily loaded. After analysis we came to conclusion to use the below. Can experts out there please let me know whether it make sense or any way we can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundba
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Server Hardware Inventory Details

How can I get the hardware inventory details of the Sun Servers like T5220 running Solaris 10? I would like to see the following details: 1. Chassis Information - Part Number, Serial Number etc. 2. Slots Present in the chassis 3. Modules/Cards equipped on the slots. Module details like Part... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: baddy
8 Replies
stl_mi(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 stl_mi(4)

NAME
stl_mi - Software distribution master inventory files DESCRIPTION
Each software product that is distributed as subsets for the setld(8) command has an associated master inventory file. The master inventory file's name consists of the product's unique 3-letter name and a 3-digit version number with the string .mi for a suffix. The master inven- tory file is used by the software kitting program kits(1) in producing software distribution packages. A master inventory file contains one ASCII record, describing vendor-specified attribute information, for each file in the product kit. Each record is composed of three fields which must be separated by TAB characters. The fields are: A 16-bit unsigned integer. Bit 1 is the v (volatility) bit; when it is set, changes to the existing copy of the file can occur during kit installation. It is usually set for log files required by applications. The remaining bits are reserved. Possible values for this field are therefore 0 or 2. The dot-relative (./) pathname of the file described by this record. Each pathname must appear only once in the master inventory file. Pathnames must begin with a period (.). Records must be sorted in ascending ASCII sequence on this field. The name of the subset containing the file. Standard system directories are not included in subsets; they are represented by the keyword RESERVED in place of a subset name. Files that exist in the product hierarchy but are not distributed as part of any subset have a minus sign (-) in this field. Files that share a gnode (links) must all be included in the same subset. EXAMPLES
This example shows a section of the master inventory for a hypothetical layered product kit: 0 . RESERVED 0 ./usr/opt RESERVED 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100 OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/attr OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb.spr OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb_defaults OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/dcb_diag.sed OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/docbld OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/bin/unstamp OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/README.dcb OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/attr.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/dcb.ps OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/docbld.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/docbld.5 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/br/unstamp.1 OATDCBDOC100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates/conv.braces OATDCB100 0 ./usr/opt/OAT100/lib/doclib/templates/conv.command OATDCB100 . . . RELATED INFORMATION
invcutter(1), kits(1), newinv(1), setld(8) Guide to Preparing Product Kits delim off stl_mi(4)