Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Sendmail changes userid in Return-Path Post 302964775 by rsmitherscorp on Tuesday 19th of January 2016 04:55:18 AM
Old 01-19-2016
Thanks jgt, I've managed to extract out of the example the bits I need and it seems to work.

Cheers
Russell

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - How to return PATH from PATH/NAME

Hi, How can I get /usr/people/me/ from /usr/people/me/file.abc with sed? Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cybotic
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

userid

I would like to know the difference between the real user-id and the effective user-id. If user-A runs a program owned by user-B then which is the real user-id and which is the effective user-id ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sundaresh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail return code

hi, I am sending mail from unix using sendmail option My requirement is that i have to check whether mail has been sent or not i can check the returnstatus using $? but is there any other option to check whether sendmail option has succeeded thanks in advance suggestions welcome (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 's

Hi All, Can anyone please let me know the syntax / how to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 'system()' function and '${?}'. I am in a process to send the mail automatically with an attachment to bulk users. I have used 'Mailx' and 'Unencode'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
0 Replies

5. Linux

userid access to a single path

Hi All, Can a user-a on linux be able to access to particular path only? I think is not possible because if the /etc have r on the other then user-a can access it. Right? Thanks for any comment you have will add. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How do I configure sendmail to block all OUTGOING mail FROM one userid TO the world?

Hello, ENVIRONMENT: OS: Solaris 10 Sendmail: 8.13.8+Sun BACKGROUND: We had a user account that was compromised and was used as a relay. She sent out (or would have if we didn't kill sendmail) ~10K emails alerting people they just won $75K. The target for this spam was everyone internal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avikb
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return Full File Path To Array PERL

Iam trying to load the full path of multiplie files in the same directory to an array if the filenames matches a pattern. The following is the current code; where $input=C:\test # change to and open the comparison directory chdir("$input2") || die "Cannot change dir: $!"; opendir(DIR2,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cold_Que
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

userid and pw

questions: a. where can I customized the password of userid in solaris? say I wanted 10digits long, all caps? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

9. AIX

Sendmail "from" is not from the userID sending

On one of my servers (AIX 7.1 sendmail=V10/Berkeley) When I login and sudo su to a serviceID and send a test email, the from header shows as being from my loginID and not the serviceID. I have a second server (AIX 6.1 sendmail=V9/Berkeley) where following the same steps the email head has the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LCarpenter
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return path of specific tag using awk

The below awk is used with the attached index.html and matches the specific user id in the sub portion with path of /rundb/api/v1/plugin/49/. The command does run but the output is blank. Something changed in the file structure as it used to work. So using the first line in the output: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
nomarch(1)							Archive Extraction							nomarch(1)

NAME
nomarch - extract `.arc' archives SYNOPSIS
nomarch [-hlptUv] [archive.arc] [match1 [match2 ... ]] DESCRIPTION
nomarch lists, extracts, or tests `.arc' archives. (An alternate extension sometimes used was `.ark'; these work too.) This is a very out- dated file format which should certainly not be used for anything new, but you may still need an extraction utility, and here it is. :-) The default action is to extract all files in the specified archive; see OPTIONS below for how to do other things instead. OPTIONS
-h give terse usage help. -l list files in archive. If verbose listings are enabled, it shows the filename, compression method, compressed/uncompressed size, date/time, and CRC; but by default, it just shows the filename, uncompressed size, and date/time. -p extract to standard output, rather than to separate files. -t test files in archive (more precisely, check file CRCs). -U use uppercase filenames; more precisely, preserve original case from archive. -v give verbose output (when used with `-l'). archive.arc the archive to operate on. match1 etc. optionally specify which archive members to list/extract/test. Those which match any of these filenames/wildcards are processed. Wildcard operators supported are shell-like `*' and `?', but don't forget to quote arguments which use these (e.g. `nomarch foo.arc '*.bar''). EXTRACTING MULTIPLE ARCHIVES
nomarch follows the `unzip'-like practice of working on only one archive per run, with further `filenames' given on the command-line actu- ally specifying files to extract (or whatever). The easiest way to work on multiple files with nomarch is simply to run it multiple times using for; for example: for i in *.arc; do nomarch $i; done The above would extract all archives in the current directory. USING THE PROGRAM FROM EMACS
Emacs's arc-mode facility lets you work with various kinds of archive file directly from the editor. Making it use nomarch for extracting `.arc' files isn't too hard. Just add the following to your ~/.emacs file: (setq archive-arc-extract '("nomarch" "-U")) BUGS
The CRC used by the format is only 16-bit, so `-t' is a less-than-perfect test. One compression method, obsolete even by `.arc' standards :-), isn't supported yet. This is partly because I've yet to find a single file which uses it, despite testing an awful lot of files. Subdirectories in Spark archives are extracted as the `.arc'-format files they really are, which may not be terribly convenient. SEE ALSO
tar(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), lbrate(1) AUTHOR
Russell Marks (rus@svgalib.org). Version 1.4 18th June, 2006 nomarch(1)