Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Different counts between programs and commands Post 302964738 by cmccabe on Monday 18th of January 2016 03:15:42 PM
Old 01-18-2016
Thank you both Smilie.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counts

How can i do a simple record count in my shell script? i just want to count the number of records i receive from a specific file. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: k@ssidy
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

i need c programs for linux commands

hi i am doing a small project on linux shell so if anyone can provide me some programs which can ipmlement commands like copy,date,calendar ....thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lit_joel
1 Replies

3. Programming

Separating commands/programs with ;

Hi i have encountered a problem and i have tried many different things but my brain just has some limitations lol well anyways i was trying to make this program work down below so i can process multiple commands just by separating them with ;. I would apeciate if someone could just make it work kuz... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dush_19
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counts

To start I have a table that has ticketholders. Each ticket holder has a unique number and each ticket holder is associated to a so called household number. You can have multiple guests w/i a household. I would like to create 3 flags (form a, for a household that has 1-4 gst) form b 5-8 gsts... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbr262
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are programs like sys_open( ) ,sys_read( ) et al examples of system level programs ?

Are the programs written on schedulers ,thread library , process management, memory management, et al called systems programs ? How are they different from the programs that implement functions like open() , printf() , scanf() , read() .. they have a prefix sys_open, sys_close, sys_read etc , right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get counts for multiple files

How do get the counts by excluding header and tailer. wc -l customer_data*.0826 31 customer_data_1.0826 57 customer_data_2.0826 456 customer_data_3.0826 668 customer_data_4.0826 789 customer_data_5.0826 2344 customer_data_6.0826 13457 customer_data_7.0826... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

counts for every 1000 interval

Hi, I have a file with 4 million rows. Each row has certain number ranging between 1 to 30733090. What I want is to count the rows between each 1000 intervals. 1-1000 4000 1001-2000 2469 ... ... ... ... last 1000 interval Thanks, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get counts from List

This is very easy , but I`m struggling .. please help modify my script, I want to count the number of h and n , from the second column group by the first. The second column is binary, can only have h and n. a h a h a n a n a h b h b h b h b h b h c n c h c h c h c h (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jianp83
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between inbuilt suid programs and user defined root suid programs under bash shell?

Hey guys, Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries. However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2 Replies
ttk::frame(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						     ttk::frame(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::frame - Simple container widget SYNOPSIS
ttk::frame pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::frame widget is a container, used to group other widgets together. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-borderwidth borderWidth] The desired width of the widget border. Defaults to 0. [-relief relief] One of the standard Tk border styles: flat, groove, raised, ridge, solid, or sunken. Defaults to flat. [-padding padding] Additional padding to include inside the border. [-width width] If specified, the widget's requested width in pixels. [-height height] If specified, the widget's requested height in pix- els. WIDGET COMMAND
Supports the standard widget commands configure, cget, identify, instate, and state; see ttk::widget(n). NOTES
Note that if the pack, grid, or other geometry managers are used to manage the children of the frame, by the GM's requested size will nor- mally take precedence over the frame widget's -width and -height options. pack propagate and grid propagate can be used to change this. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::labelframe(n), frame(n) KEYWORDS
widget, frame, container Tk 8.5 ttk::frame(n)