Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO 5.0.7 Configuration
Operating Systems SCO SCO 5.0.7 Configuration Post 302964715 by Kanthi Kiran on Monday 18th of January 2016 11:33:19 AM
Old 01-18-2016
@JGT can you please help me i have started a new thread !!

Thanks
Kanthi Kiran K

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet Configuration in SCO 5.05

Hi, I'm trying to configure SCO's internet manager for access to the internet. However, when I start the config program, my desktop turns black & white (unless I minimize communicator's window -- then it turns back to normal). I type in the user id and password and it looks as if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuration management tool in SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.3

Hi all, :confused: I want to know about the configuration management tool that is used in SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.3. Please refer some sites where i could get the details. Thanks in advance kavitha (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithadass
2 Replies

3. SCO

SCO Unix Network Configuration

Hello Guys, We have an old PC running on SCO Unix V. Is there any sites where i can get manual/procedures on how to install and configure Network. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrcuevas
2 Replies

4. SCO

raid 1 configuration in sco open unix

Dear Team , how i can configure raid 1 (mirroring) using ide hdd in sco open unix 5 i have two 80gb identical hdd (same make/model) thanx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
0 Replies

5. SCO

Alias in SCO network configuration

We have many remote servers that are running different versions of the SCO operating system. The current server inventory includes the usage of SCO 3.2v5.0.5 3.2v5.0.6 and 3.2v5.0.7. Recently, there have been some ongoing problems when a re-boot is done with some of these remote servers.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dclary
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Printer configuration file

Hello, I am working on Servers running SCO OpenServer 5 and I tend to setup a lot of Servers. I am wondering if mkdev -lp to create printers has a file that I can just copy and paste from an exisiting Server to a new (upgrade) server. I can do this with the hosts and resolv.conf files. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ewerezak
1 Replies

7. SCO

SCO 5.5 remote login configuration

Sir, i have a sco 5.5 installed server and 6 clients connected through pci specialix card and printing working fine in these all terminals. 7 and 8 ports are free now, i need to setup another terminal for login on through 7 or 8 port for remote login. i connect a external modem using 25 pin male... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aneesh Kumar.T
3 Replies
SET_TID_ADDRESS(2)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						SET_TID_ADDRESS(2)

NAME
set_tid_address - set pointer to thread ID SYNOPSIS
#include <linux/unistd.h> long set_tid_address(int *tidptr); Note: There is no glibc wrapper for this system call; see NOTES. DESCRIPTION
For each thread, the kernel maintains two attributes (addresses) called set_child_tid and clear_child_tid. These two attributes contain the value NULL by default. set_child_tid If a thread is started using clone(2) with the CLONE_CHILD_SETTID flag, set_child_tid is set to the value passed in the ctid argu- ment of that system call. When set_child_tid is set, the very first thing the new thread does is to write its thread ID at this address. clear_child_tid If a thread is started using clone(2) with the CLONE_CHILD_CLEARTID flag, clear_child_tid is set to the value passed in the ctid argument of that system call. The system call set_tid_address() sets the clear_child_tid value for the calling thread to tidptr. When a thread whose clear_child_tid is not NULL terminates, then, if the thread is sharing memory with other threads, then 0 is written at the address specified in clear_child_tid and the kernel performs the following operation: futex(clear_child_tid, FUTEX_WAKE, 1, NULL, NULL, 0); The effect of this operation is to wake a single thread that is performing a futex wait on the memory location. Errors from the futex wake operation are ignored. RETURN VALUE
set_tid_address() always returns the caller's thread ID. ERRORS
set_tid_address() always succeeds. VERSIONS
This call is present since Linux 2.5.48. Details as given here are valid since Linux 2.5.49. CONFORMING TO
This system call is Linux-specific. NOTES
Glibc does not provide a wrapper for this system call; call it using syscall(2). SEE ALSO
clone(2), futex(2), gettid(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 SET_TID_ADDRESS(2)