Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing A load balancer for Nomachine NX Post 302964713 by curryqueen_ on Monday 18th of January 2016 11:18:49 AM
Old 01-18-2016
I am new to this forum. I was looking for info on another tool we use and came across this comment about load-balancing with NoMachine. Our organization uses NM and has done for several years. I was wondering what your plugin adds to what NM is doing already. We use the heavy-weighted LB together with user/group profiles and custom scripts, and we are rather satisfied. Additionally you can also set the node load when load-balancing virtual Linux desktops. Does your plugin add further value?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Load Balancer

Halo mates, I m going to write a load balancer with C. Does anybody know some good reference on this? Cheers, Elton (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EltonSky
5 Replies

2. AIX

hacmp ip load balancer failover

Hi All, How do I failover on the ip load balancer (back and forth)? It involves first to load a new config on the passive ip. If success, load the new config on the ip active (which is now passive). Any idea, please. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

What is the Best Load Balancer for Linux?

Hi, What's the best load balancer for Linux (CentOS, SuSE) according to your personal experience? Linux Virtual Server (LVS) is a famous one, but their download site has not been updated since 2007. Their web and mailing list are so quiet. Is the Ultra Monkey project including LVS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

piranha load balancer failover

we use piranha load balancer with two nodes even the primary node is running fine and up failover happend to secondary node this happend quite few times ehy node2 cannot talk to node1 what logs are to be checked and investigate why failover occured pulse: partner dead: activating... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
0 Replies

5. Linux

Server Load balancer

Hello Guys, Hope you all doing well . :) I was checking load balance command (uptime)on VM server and got below output. # uptime 07:08:40 up 52 min, 2 users,a load average: 0.45, 0.11, 0.03 A :How we can calculate load average? Thank you in advance !! Cheers:) Dont forget... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nats
1 Replies
MP_SetLogicalUnitLoadBalanceType(3MPAPI)	   Common Multipath Management Library Functions	  MP_SetLogicalUnitLoadBalanceType(3MPAPI)

NAME
MP_SetLogicalUnitLoadBalanceType - set a load balancing policy SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lMPAPI [ library... ] #include <mpapi.h> MP_STATUS MP_SetLogicalUnitLoadBalanceType(MP_OID logicalUnitoid, MP_LOAD_BALANCE_TYPE loadBalance); PARAMETERS
logicalUnitOid The object ID of the multipath logical unit. loadBalance The desired load balance policy for the specified logical unit. DESCRIPTION
The MP_SetLogicalUnitLoadBalanceType() function sets the multipath logical unit's load balancing policy. The value must correspond to one of the supported values in MP_PLUGIN_PROPERTIES.SupportedLogicalUnitLoadBalanceTypes. RETURN VALUES
MP_STATUS_INVALID_OBJECT_TYPE The logicalUnitOid does not specify any valid object type. This is most likely to happen if an uninitialized object ID is passed to the API. MP_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER The loadBalance is invalid or logicalUnitOid has a type subfield other than MP_OBJECT_TYPE_MULTIPATH_LU. MP_STATUS_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND The logicalUnitOid owner ID or object sequence number is invalid. MP_STATUS_SUCCESS The operation is successful. MP_STATUS_FAILED The specified loadBalance type cannot be handled by the plugin. One possible reason for this is a request to set MP_LOAD_BAL- ANCE_TYPE_PRODUCT when the specified logical unit has no corresponding MP_DEVICE_PRODUCT_PROPERTIES instance (i.e., the plugin does not have a product-specific load balance algorithm for the LU product). MP_STATUS_UNSUPPORTED The implementation does not support the API. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: ANSI INCITS 412 | | |Multipath Management API | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libMPAPI(3LIB), attributes(5) Multipath Management API Version 1.0 SunOS 5.11 15 Feb 2006 MP_SetLogicalUnitLoadBalanceType(3MPAPI)