Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO 5.0.7 Configuration
Operating Systems SCO SCO 5.0.7 Configuration Post 302964605 by hicksd8 on Saturday 16th of January 2016 12:46:02 PM
Old 01-16-2016
I haven't used SCO for a few years now but I remember that a SCSI tape drive would be configured using:

Code:
# mkdev tape

You'll need to know which scsi id the tape is set to (jumper wise)

This will present a menu driven config routine at the end of which you should select relink kernel=yes, and rebuild environment=yes

How is the Equinox connected to the system? Add-in card, USB, or what? It's not a product that I'm familiar with.

---------- Post updated at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:42 PM ----------

The main configuration tool built into SCO OS is:

Code:
# scoadmin

Search the web for that

Last edited by hicksd8; 01-16-2016 at 01:51 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet Configuration in SCO 5.05

Hi, I'm trying to configure SCO's internet manager for access to the internet. However, when I start the config program, my desktop turns black & white (unless I minimize communicator's window -- then it turns back to normal). I type in the user id and password and it looks as if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuration management tool in SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.3

Hi all, :confused: I want to know about the configuration management tool that is used in SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.3. Please refer some sites where i could get the details. Thanks in advance kavitha (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithadass
2 Replies

3. SCO

SCO Unix Network Configuration

Hello Guys, We have an old PC running on SCO Unix V. Is there any sites where i can get manual/procedures on how to install and configure Network. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrcuevas
2 Replies

4. SCO

raid 1 configuration in sco open unix

Dear Team , how i can configure raid 1 (mirroring) using ide hdd in sco open unix 5 i have two 80gb identical hdd (same make/model) thanx (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
0 Replies

5. SCO

Alias in SCO network configuration

We have many remote servers that are running different versions of the SCO operating system. The current server inventory includes the usage of SCO 3.2v5.0.5 3.2v5.0.6 and 3.2v5.0.7. Recently, there have been some ongoing problems when a re-boot is done with some of these remote servers.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dclary
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Printer configuration file

Hello, I am working on Servers running SCO OpenServer 5 and I tend to setup a lot of Servers. I am wondering if mkdev -lp to create printers has a file that I can just copy and paste from an exisiting Server to a new (upgrade) server. I can do this with the hosts and resolv.conf files. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ewerezak
1 Replies

7. SCO

SCO 5.5 remote login configuration

Sir, i have a sco 5.5 installed server and 6 clients connected through pci specialix card and printing working fine in these all terminals. 7 and 8 ports are free now, i need to setup another terminal for login on through 7 or 8 port for remote login. i connect a external modem using 25 pin male... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aneesh Kumar.T
3 Replies
tz(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     tz(4)

Name
       tz - SCSI magnetic tape interface

Syntax
       VAX NCR 5380:
	 adapter      uba0    at nexus?
	 controller   scsi0   at uba0	 csr 0x200c0080  vector szintr
	 tape	      tz0     at scsi0	 drive 0

VAX DEC SII:
	 adapter      ibus0   at nexus?
	 controller   sii0    at ibus?	 vector sii_intr
	 tape	      tz0     at sii0	 drive 0

RISC DEC SII:
	 controller   sii0    at ibus?	 vector sii_intr
	 tape	      tz0     at sii0	 drive 0

RISC DEC KZQ:
	 adapter      uba0    at nexus?
	 controller   kzq0    at ibus? csr 0761300vector sii_intr
	 tape	      tz0     at kzq0	 drive 0

RISC NCR ASC:
	 controller   asc0    at ibus?	 vector ascintr
	 tape	      tz0     at asc0	 drive 0

Description
       The SCSI tape driver provides a standard tape drive interface as described in This is a driver for any Digital SCSI tape device.

For  the  TZK10	QIC  format tape drive, the densities supported are QIC-24 (read only) block size of 512 byte blocks, QIC-120, and QIC-150
       read/write block size of 512 byte blocks, and QIC-320 read/write block size of 1024 byte blocks.  With QIC format style tapes all reads and
       writes  must  be  in  multiple  of the block size.  This is a requirement of fixed block tape drives because record boundaries are not pre-
       served.	The QIC densities are selected using the following special device names:

QIC-24 Fixed block size.
	 QIC-120 Fixed block size.
	 QIC-150 Fixed block size.
	 QIC-320 Fixed block size.

With all fixed block tape devices a of a file to the tape must be padded out.  An example of this is a of which has a size of approximately
       3800 bytes.
       dd if=/etc/gettytab of=/dev/rmt0h bs=10k conv=sync
	 or
       dd if=/etc/gettytab of=/dev/rmt0l bs=512 conv=sync
       The option of pads the output to block size.

This  driver  also  supports  n-buffered  reads	and  writes  to the raw tape interface (used with streaming tape drives).  See for further
       details.

Tape Support
       TZ30, TZK50, TLZ04, TSZ05, TKZ08, TZK10

Diagnostics
       All diagnostic messages are sent to the error logger subsystem.

Files
See Also
       mtio(4), nbuf(4), SCSI(4), MAKEDEV(8), uerf(8), tapex(8)
       Guide to the Error Logger

tz(4)