Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed command is saving output as blank file Post 302964394 by Dream4649 on Thursday 14th of January 2016 05:56:14 AM
Old 01-14-2016
Hi,

Thanks for the command, unfortunately its not working.

However content of log file is

Code:
+++Start

^[[0m
^[[32m
+++++Stop
^[[0m
^[[34m

I expect output to be like

Code:
++++Start

+++++++Stop

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED Command Returning a Blank File

I have a file called get_columns.sh that I would like to replace $2 with $3. I have the following sed command written that works sed s/'$3'/'$2'/g get_columns.sh > output.txt However, when I try the command below, the file is empty. sed s/'$3'/'$2'/g get_columns.sh > get_columns.sh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djschmitt
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving changes when using the sed command

Hi Guys, Working on a script in the Vi editor that requires the fifth column of a particular line changed. e.g. Name:Address:email:A where "A" needs to be changed to what the variable $access holds ($access currently has the words admin access in it) when I use this command : `sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rc1138
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

saving command output to a variable

Hello, I have a shell script containing a command string in the following format: command1 | command2 | cut -c9-16 The output from this is a record number (using characters 9-16 of the original output string) e.g. ORD-1234 I wish to save this value to a variable for use in later commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: philjo
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving file edited whith sed

HI! I have a file that looks like this: >ANKRD30_2kb AAGTAACCAATGCAGGAAACCGAGAGGAGAGGTTTGGAAGGTGGTTTAGTGAGGTAATCCATCTTTTCT AGTGATAAACTGGCACCCAGTCAATTTATTCATCAGAAGGGAATACATCAGCCTGGCGTGGTGGCTCGC CCCCGACCCTGTCAGCGTCACCAGCAGCGCGGATCCATGGGCCAGAAGCCTCTAGGGCGCCTAAGTCAG Number of residues in the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanesa1230
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Blank as variable/output when run from command line

When I run this: PDHDURL=`/usr/bin/curl --silent http://www.phdcomics.com/comics.php | /usr/bin/grep -o http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive/.*.gif | head -1` echo -e "$PHDURL" It is totally blank. However, when I just run it from the terminal: /usr/bin/curl --silent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killer54291
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Blank line in command output

My script ssh's to another server and gathers information then process them. The problem is that the output of a command has an unwanted "blank lines". ... ssh user1@${server1} /usr/bin/ls -l /tmp/file1 | awk '{print $5}' > ${DATAFILE} ... $ cat ${DATAFILE} 123456789 (There's a blank... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

saving output from bash into a file

I am ssh to many servers to get some information... however sometimes the server is unreacheable and i am getting an error. I want to save that output to a file but I am not able to do so... I want to be able to save output of bash into a file.. so when I run this command on a script ssh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eponcedeleonc
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some Help for file filteration and saving the output in other directory using grep....plz ...

Hi all........ Plss do help me.......in a big trouble... :wall::wall::wall: I have 3 directories named as :1. /home/shuchi/source 2./home/shuchi/destination 3./home/shuchi/filter now the problem is /home/shuchi/source has say 2 files with extension .txt as given below : A.txt Code: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some Help for file filteration and saving the output in other directory

Hi all........ Plss do help me.......in a big trouble... :wall::wall::wall: I have 3 directories named as :1. /home/shuchi/source 2./home/shuchi/destination 3./home/shuchi/filter now the problem is /home/shuchi/source has say 2 files with extension .txt as given below : A.txt msisdn ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving files with file name as output

Hi, i need help with a file creation of an output program. I've got a program that with #find creates an output for each files in a directory. If i give this command : -o spec$(date -u +%Y%m%dt%H%M) it creates just one file, overwriting all the others since it is the creation date .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)