Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users AIX runtime programming issue Post 302964337 by agent.kgb on Wednesday 13th of January 2016 04:27:10 PM
Old 01-13-2016
From the information you've provided I can make only general recommendation - use IBM C Compiler, not GCC. Try to debug your code with dbx or IBM Debugger, but what I see - your code even doesn't come to the execution. Possibly you've linked it with wrong C runtime (crt0.o/crt0_64.o) or with wrong linker (GNU linker instead of IBM linker).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Programming Tools for Aix

I am searching for a good debugger and memory leak detection tools like for AIX. Right now we use Xldb for debugging, which is not bad, but detecting memory leaks is a pain... Unfortunately Purify is not aviable for the AIX plattform. DDD is not bad as an alternative debugger but he is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
0 Replies

2. AIX

Aix Shell Programming

HI I am trying to write a shell script which accepts two strings from user and finds the matching number of characters in those two ex: string 1 abcd string 2 bcgt result is bc (matching characters) pls provide me with a basic script for doing that (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akmtcs
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed issue in K Shell programming

I am doing the following script in k shell sed -i 's/FILENAME/$i/g' TEST/test$j.ctl > TEST/control$j.ctl In the file it replaces $i for all FILENAME, it doesnot replace with the value of i. I put single quotes like below sed -i 's/FILENAME/'$i'/g' TEST/test$j.ctl > TEST/control$j.ctl I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: toshidas2000
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Allocate memory for a shell script in Aix at runtime-urgent critical

How to allocate memory for a shell script on aix box at the time of execution i.e at runtime Are there any commands for AIX in specific Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
1 Replies

5. AIX

runtime libs accessed by application in AIX

Hi , I need some inputs on runtime or shared libs for an application(s) in AIX . i have a requirement saying i need to rehost all the production applications into new AIX OS . Here Source and target oS is AIX but with different versions so for this i need to identify what are the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
1 Replies

6. Programming

programming in C, C++ on AIX 6.1 requirments

I want to start programming in C, C++ on AIX 6.1 and I want to know what I need to install on the server to do so. Do I only need to install "gcc" GNU Compiler Collection & "gcc-c++" C++ support for GCC. or do I also need "libgcc" GCC compiler dynamic runtime library? am I missing any files to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to Check the what runtime package is applied on AIX OS

Hi Experts, How to Check the what runtime package is applied on AIX OS? I would like to verify if “xlcpp.rte.10.1.0.aix.base” package is applied or not ? thanks in advance. -Mallela (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meetmallela
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with programming issue

I need a UNIX shellscript command that will remove the 'Paragraph' mark from a simple text file. The Paragraph mark I'm referring to is the special character you can see in a WORD documant (similar to a backwards 'P') when you select the Show Paragraph Marks icon. If someone can give me the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: varefump
6 Replies

9. AIX

Embedding Runtime Search Path into Library on AIX

My product has 2 libraries say "x & y". x depends on y. During the installation of my products package, user will be prompted for his own location to copy my product libraries. Installation will copy libraries "x & y" and create my product specific ENV variable say "MYPATH" pointing to User... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erra_krishna
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl programming issue

Dears, I want to print filename and count of each file in perl but failing to implement. `find $srcFolder -maxdepth 1 -type f -name "*$workDate*$fileExt" -exec sh -c ' && printf "$workDate|%s|%s\n" "$(wc -l<"$0")" *$workDate*$fileExt' {} \ >> /Sadique/filelog.out \\; 2> /dev/null`; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
2 Replies
itpp-config(1)						      General Commands Manual						    itpp-config(1)

NAME
itpp-config - script to get information about intalled IT++ library prefix, compiler flags and its version SYNOPSIS
itpp-config [--prefix] [--exec-prefix] [--debug] [--static] [--cflags] [--libs] [--help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
itpp-config is a tool that can be used to determine the compiler and linker flags required for compiling and linking programs that use IT++. It can be also used for checking the intalled libitpp library version. OPTIONS
itpp-config accepts the following options: --prefix output libitpp installation prefix --exec-prefix output libitpp installation exec prefix --debug use debugging pre-processor, compiler and linker flags (needs to be used in front of --cflags and --libs) --static use static linker flags (needs to be used in front of --libs) --cflags output pre-processor and compiler flags --libs output linker flags --help display brief help and exit --version output version number AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Adam Piatyszek <ediap@users.sourceforge.net> as a text file, then converted to man format by txt2tags. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1995-2010 (see AUTHORS file for a list of contributors) This file is part of IT++ - a C++ library of mathematical, signal processing, speech processing, and communications classes and functions. IT++ is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. IT++ is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with IT++. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. IT++ 4.2 September 2010 itpp-config(1)