Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare colunmn and find value within a ranges Post 302964316 by giuliangiuseppe on Wednesday 13th of January 2016 11:20:17 AM
Old 01-13-2016
works good thanks!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to compare first column of two files and find difference

Hi, I want to write a script which will compare the 1st column of both the files and will give the difference. e.g:- my 1st file contains: 89 /usr 52 /usr/local 36 /tmp 92 /opt 96 /home 27 /etc/opt/EMCom 1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityam
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command: various date ranges

Hi, I have writtena script that will recursivly go into subdirecotries and report out what files there are in there that have not been accessed over various date ranges. I do this using a number of find commands: find . -path './.snapshot' -prune -o -type f -atime -8 find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleIdiot
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Compare 2 systems to find any differences

Hi there, I have 2 machines running HP-UX. One off these controllers is able to send mail and the other cannot. I have looked at all the settings that I know and coannot find any differences. Is there a way to audit the 2 machinces by pulling all the settings then compare any differences? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two sample files and find common

Hi I have two sample files attached here one file contain entries in one column and second file contains entries in many columns I have to match entries of first file with entries in secon d file form secon column onwards and if matches write "match" in front of it. I tried several... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find and compare the data

hi , from the awk command i'm getting the output where the 2nd column of both are match in row wise, if it present in that same column some where else, I cannot get the correct output. awk 'FNR==NR {a=$5;next} $1 in a {if ($5==a) t=0; else {t=$5-a};print $0,t}' file.tsv file2.tsv please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the output of find command

Hi All, I am trying to run find command in a script to list out certain files based on a patter. However, when there is no file in the output, the script should exit. Tried a couple of operators (-n, -z) etc but the script does not work. I am confused whether a null string is returned... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare and find records of file1 not in file2

hi.. i am using solaris system and ksh and using nawk to get records of file1 not in file2(not line by line comparison). code i am using is nawk 'NR==FNR{a++} !a {print"line:" FNR"->" $0} ' file2 file1 same command with awk runs perfectly on darwin kernel(mac) but in solaris it does line by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and compare values from different txt files

Hello, i am new in Bash. Actually i have a directory : /home/resultfiles and inside i have these txt files: 531_1.out.res, 531_2.out.res , 531_3.out.res 532_1.out.res, 532_2.out.res , 532_3.out.res 533_1.out.res, 533_2.out.res, 533_3.out.res All these txt files has this format : num_q all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimpoura
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files and find missing fields awk

Hello experts! I have 2 files. file1 is a list file containing uniquely names. e.g.: name1 number number name2 number number name5 number number name10 number number ... file2 is a data file arbitrary containing the names of file1 in paragraphs separated by "10" e.g. name4 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
3 Replies
SU(1)								   User Commands							     SU(1)

NAME
su - run a shell with substitute user and group IDs SYNOPSIS
su [OPTION]... [-] [USER [ARG]...] DESCRIPTION
Change the effective user id and group id to that of USER. -, -l, --login make the shell a login shell -c, --command=COMMAND pass a single COMMAND to the shell with -c -f, --fast pass -f to the shell (for csh or tcsh) -m, --preserve-environment do not reset environment variables -p same as -m -s, --shell=SHELL run SHELL if /etc/shells allows it --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit A mere - implies -l. If USER not given, assume root. AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report su bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for su is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and su programs are properly installed at your site, the com- mand info coreutils 'su invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 7.1 July 2010 SU(1)