Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare colunmn and find value within a ranges Post 302964297 by RudiC on Wednesday 13th of January 2016 09:25:18 AM
Old 01-13-2016
The array values for $1 are being overwritten, so the last entry only is valid. You didn't mention there's several $1 values possible.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to compare first column of two files and find difference

Hi, I want to write a script which will compare the 1st column of both the files and will give the difference. e.g:- my 1st file contains: 89 /usr 52 /usr/local 36 /tmp 92 /opt 96 /home 27 /etc/opt/EMCom 1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityam
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command: various date ranges

Hi, I have writtena script that will recursivly go into subdirecotries and report out what files there are in there that have not been accessed over various date ranges. I do this using a number of find commands: find . -path './.snapshot' -prune -o -type f -atime -8 find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleIdiot
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Compare 2 systems to find any differences

Hi there, I have 2 machines running HP-UX. One off these controllers is able to send mail and the other cannot. I have looked at all the settings that I know and coannot find any differences. Is there a way to audit the 2 machinces by pulling all the settings then compare any differences? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two sample files and find common

Hi I have two sample files attached here one file contain entries in one column and second file contains entries in many columns I have to match entries of first file with entries in secon d file form secon column onwards and if matches write "match" in front of it. I tried several... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find and compare the data

hi , from the awk command i'm getting the output where the 2nd column of both are match in row wise, if it present in that same column some where else, I cannot get the correct output. awk 'FNR==NR {a=$5;next} $1 in a {if ($5==a) t=0; else {t=$5-a};print $0,t}' file.tsv file2.tsv please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the output of find command

Hi All, I am trying to run find command in a script to list out certain files based on a patter. However, when there is no file in the output, the script should exit. Tried a couple of operators (-n, -z) etc but the script does not work. I am confused whether a null string is returned... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare and find records of file1 not in file2

hi.. i am using solaris system and ksh and using nawk to get records of file1 not in file2(not line by line comparison). code i am using is nawk 'NR==FNR{a++} !a {print"line:" FNR"->" $0} ' file2 file1 same command with awk runs perfectly on darwin kernel(mac) but in solaris it does line by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and compare values from different txt files

Hello, i am new in Bash. Actually i have a directory : /home/resultfiles and inside i have these txt files: 531_1.out.res, 531_2.out.res , 531_3.out.res 532_1.out.res, 532_2.out.res , 532_3.out.res 533_1.out.res, 533_2.out.res, 533_3.out.res All these txt files has this format : num_q all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimpoura
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files and find missing fields awk

Hello experts! I have 2 files. file1 is a list file containing uniquely names. e.g.: name1 number number name2 number number name5 number number name10 number number ... file2 is a data file arbitrary containing the names of file1 in paragraphs separated by "10" e.g. name4 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
3 Replies
SGTSV(l)								 )								  SGTSV(l)

NAME
SGTSV - solve the equation A*X = B, SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE SGTSV( N, NRHS, DL, D, DU, B, LDB, INFO ) INTEGER INFO, LDB, N, NRHS REAL B( LDB, * ), D( * ), DL( * ), DU( * ) PURPOSE
SGTSV solves the equation A*X = B, where A is an n by n tridiagonal matrix, by Gaussian elimination with partial pivoting. Note that the equation A'*X = B may be solved by interchanging the order of the arguments DU and DL. ARGUMENTS
N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrix B. NRHS >= 0. DL (input/output) REAL array, dimension (N-1) On entry, DL must contain the (n-1) sub-diagonal elements of A. On exit, DL is overwritten by the (n-2) elements of the second super-diagonal of the upper triangular matrix U from the LU factor- ization of A, in DL(1), ..., DL(n-2). D (input/output) REAL array, dimension (N) On entry, D must contain the diagonal elements of A. On exit, D is overwritten by the n diagonal elements of U. DU (input/output) REAL array, dimension (N-1) On entry, DU must contain the (n-1) super-diagonal elements of A. On exit, DU is overwritten by the (n-1) elements of the first super-diagonal of U. B (input/output) REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) On entry, the N by NRHS matrix of right hand side matrix B. On exit, if INFO = 0, the N by NRHS solution matrix X. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value > 0: if INFO = i, U(i,i) is exactly zero, and the solution has not been computed. The factorization has not been completed unless i = N. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 SGTSV(l)