Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing matched patterns in multiple files with awk Post 302964294 by karlmalowned on Wednesday 13th of January 2016 07:55:22 AM
Old 01-13-2016
This is amazing. Thank you very much Don, and I really do appreciate the details in the comments!! Smilie Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

best method of replacing multiple strings in multiple files - sed or awk? most simple preferred :)

Hi guys, say I have a few files in a directory (58 text files or somthing) each one contains mulitple strings that I wish to replace with other strings so in these 58 files I'm looking for say the following strings: JAM (replace with BUTTER) BREAD (replace with CRACKER) SCOOP (replace... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
19 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search multiple patterns in multiple files

Hi, I have to write one script that has to search a list of numbers in certain zipped files. For eg. one file file1.txt contains the numbers. File1.txt contains 5,00,000 numbers and I have to search each number in zipped files(The number of zipped files are around 1000 each file is 5 MB) I have... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to group matched patterns in different files

Hi, I have a master file that i need to split into multiple files based on matched patterns. sample of my data as follows:- scaff_1 a e 123 130 c_scaff_100 scaff_1 a e 132 138 c_scaff_101 scaff_1 a e 140 150 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matched patterns in multiple files

Hi, I need help to find matched patterns in 30 files residing in a folder simultaneously. All these files only contain 1 column. For example, File1 Gr_1 st-e34ss-11dd bt-wwd-fewq pt-wq02-ddpk pw-xsw17-aqpp Gr_2 srq-wy09-yyd9 sqq-fdfs-ffs9 Gr_3 etas-qqa-dfw ddw-ppls-qqw... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matched patterns in a column of 2 files with different size and merge them

Hi, i have input files like below:- input1 Name Seq_ID NewID Scores MT1 A0QZX3 1.65 277.4 IVO A0QZX3 1.65 244.5 HPO A0QZX3 1.65 240.5 RgP A0Q3PP 5.32 241.0 GX1 LPSZ3S 96.1 216.9 MEL LPSS3X 4.23 204.1 LDD LPSS3X 4.23 100.2 input2 Fac AddName NewID ... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matched multiple patterns that could be in a same line

Hi, I need help to match pattern started with "RW" in file 1 and with pattern in $1 in file 2 as follows:- File 1 BH /TOTAL=466(423); /POSITIVE=300(257); /UNKNOWN=25(25); BH /F_P=141(141); /F_N=136; /P=4; CC /TAX=!?; /MAX-R=2; CC /VER=2; RW P9610, AR_BSU , T; PAE25, AE_E57... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matched patterns and print them with other patterns not the whole line

Hi, I am trying to extract some patterns from a line. The input file is space delimited and i could not use column to get value after "IN" or "OUT" patterns as there could be multiple white spaces before the next digits that i need to print in the output file . I need to print 3 patterns in a... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing multiple line patterns with awk

Hi forum, Can you please help me understand how to look for and replace the below pattern (containing line breaks) and return a new result? Rules: Must match the 3 line pattern and return a 1 line result. I have found solutions with sed, but it seems that sed installed in my system is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed parser behaving strange on replacing multiple words in multiple files

I have 4000 files like $cat clus_grp_seq10_g.phy 18 1002 anig_OJJ65951_1 ATGGTTTCGCAGCGTGATAGAGAATTGTTTAGGGATGATATTCGCTCGCGAGGAACGAAGCTCAATGCTGCCGAGCGCGAGAGTCTGCTAAGGCCATATCTGCCAGATCCGTCTGACCTTCCACGCAGGCCACTTCAGCGGCGCAAGAAGGTTCCTCG aver_OOF92921_1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sammy777888
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Issue with search and replacing multiple items in multiple files

Im having an issue when trying to replace the first column with a new set of values in multiple files. The results from the following code only replaces the files with the last set of values in val.txt. I want to replace all the files with all the values. for date in {1..31} do for val in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
1 Replies
zipnote(1)						      General Commands Manual							zipnote(1)

NAME
zipnote - write the comments in zipfile to stdout, edit comments and rename files in zipfile SYNOPSIS
zipnote [-w] [-b path] [-h] [-v] [-L] zipfile ARGUMENTS
zipfile Zipfile to read comments from or edit. OPTIONS
-w Write comments to a zipfile from stdin (see below). -b path Use path for the temporary zip file. -h Show a short help. -v Show version information. -L Show software license. DESCRIPTION
zipnote writes the comments in a zipfile to stdout. This is the default mode. A second mode allows updating the comments in a zipfile as well as allows changing the names of the files in the zipfile. These modes are described below. EXAMPLES
To write all comments in a zipfile to stdout use for example zipnote foo.zip > foo.tmp This writes all comments in the zipfile foo.zip to the file foo.tmp in a specific format. If desired, this file can then be edited to change the comments and then used to update the zipfile. zipnote -w foo.zip < foo.tmp The names of the files in the zipfile can also be changed in this way. This is done by following lines like "@ name" in the created temporary file (called foo.tmp here) with lines like "@=newname" and then using the -w option as above. BUGS
The temporary file format is rather specific and zipnote is rather picky about it. It should be easier to change file names in a script. Does not yet support large (> 2 GB) or split archives. SEE ALSO
zip(1), unzip(1) AUTHOR
Info-ZIP v3.0 of 8 May 2008 zipnote(1)